Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Man.....!! That sucks bro! Sorry to hear all the drama and the crash. As you know I’ve been going back and forth with a possible V, but every time a look/start/drive this charger , I love it. I spend too much time driving to not drive something I love. I think this post may have even sparked a new flame. Thank you If I was in your boat I think I’d do headers and/or a cam. I think a cam would work well with your gears also. Hope your turnaround is quick so you can feel good again.
    I’ve been going back and forth on those also but my wife just can’t stand the second gens and the third gens haven’t dropped enough in price yet to get one. And truthfully, there’s not much out there around the 35-40k price that I really want to drive. Even the srt jeeps are $$$ unless they are high mileage around here and the srt Durango’s are to new. So unless I jump to a Benz or BMW or Porsche, there’s nothing from the big three that competes with the charger and that’s one of the things that attracts me to the car. It really is a very unique vehicle that punches above its price tag. I’m torn hard on the cam or headers. Inertia motor sports is in town and they recommend a cam over long tubes but I’ve talked to hemifever and he recommends the opposite. Cam is far more invasive obviously but I’ve always wanted one. Who knows. I’ve definitely got the time to decide.
    2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Dynomax Mini Bullet Mufflers
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading your post, I’m grateful my car hasn’t been thru HALF of what yours has endured! I’ve got a nenewed appreciation after seeing what you & others went through. I will side with the rest of the herd and go with long tubes, cam and a tune. You’ve pretty much nailed everything else, (we all did in an aesthetic sense)- it’s only fitting for performance upgrades at this point. Good luck on a swift turn around

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.... I can’t seperate paragraphs either on this platform....(bouncing back and forth with tapatalk now)

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a strong point ....cam lope is intoxicating to the earFalling in love again🤤Falling in love again🤤

So is the ear bleeding notes from long tubes... choices choices Falling in love againFalling in love again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    I’ve got a 2yr old who for now fits in the back but we are planning a second so not sure how that’ll even fit in the car.
    Unless you are gigantic and your front passenger as well, it won't be a problem. I've got no problem with two seats and will be installing a 3rd soon. The Charger is one of the few cars that have 3 sets of LATCH anchors in the back. It's very wide back there

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 6' and my current car seat won't fit behind me so it's in the middle. My wife is only 5'3" so it would have to go behind her. It's already not fun loading a pissed off 2yr old in the middle. Soon she'll be forward facing in my car so it'll be easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I can fit 2 car seats in the back of a 1993 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr, you can figure it out in your Charger Falling in love again

(BTW, those kids that were in those car seats are 25 and 27 years old now lol)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Fotunt1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Insurance called and the blue hair’s insurance is accepting 100% so we can finally get the ball rolling. I’m glad because it took me 3 days to go to the garage and see her like that. Plus not having a rental car SUCKED. Once this is done I’ll be buying a third vehicle. On a plus note, just bought a set of long tubes and and parts for when she gets out of the shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Insurance called and the blue hair’s insurance is accepting 100% so we can finally get the ball rolling. I’m glad because it took me 3 days to go to the garage and see her like that. Plus not having a rental car SUCKED. Once this is done I’ll be buying a third vehicle. On a plus note, just bought a set of long tubes and and parts for when she gets out of the shop!
    Nice !!! Good to hear the drama part is over, it definitely sucks staring at her all banged up. Long tubes really scream! What kind did you go with?

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to hear that the q-tip's insurance will be paying the bill!! Hope you get it fixed up right and soon too so you can your mods installed
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Nice !!! Good to hear the drama part is over, it definitely sucks staring at her all banged up. Long tubes really scream! What kind did you go with? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eBay. Bought the headers, extension pipes, and a couple other pieces from a member here. I can’t wait to throw them on! Now to decide if I do it myself or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    eBay. Bought the headers, extension pipes, and a couple other pieces from a member here. I can’t wait to throw them on! Now to decide if I do it myself or not.
    I personally did NOT think it was a bad job. I didn’t expect it to be easy , so I guess maybe that’s why, but in the end it was pretty easy imo. Tedious , sure , but 100% doable compared to most shops price tag for it. Mine also went very smooth , where some there have not. So I get it. If it were me , I’d do it again, and for the price of those headers ,again and again.....I will say , DEFINITELY wrap the headers , the injector pulse and tinniness will kill you. I just swapped for the flowtech mids,as you know , and I noticed a lot more noise from them than my oem customs. So now I have to wrap them too. For the headers and mids , I’d say about 100’ of wrap should do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice. Hadn’t even considered wrapping them. Never actually wrapped a header before. Bet there’s a YouTube video on it.I’m mechanically inclined and except a lift I’ve got just about anything and everything needed to do it (doing a frame off restoration on a 77 bronco currently). Just trying to decide if I want to put the effort into it. Older I get the lazier I get haha. Not to mention the bronco has spoiled me. SO MUCH ROOM TO WORK!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Off she goes....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12