Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    Haha, right! Should have seen my carbon fiber one. It's a bit bouncier than the stock one. These Scat Packs can’t ride all that well.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lol I’m good that’s why I let off I had a couple more miles of free space but I don’t trust it over 100 for an extended period of time lol I’m probably just paranoid if you get a 10.5” wide rear wheel and some decent 315s or 305s you will be fine I only run drag radials for embarrassing hellcats and stuff lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Lol I’m good that’s why I let off I had a couple more miles of free space but I don’t trust it over 100 for an extended period of time lol I’m probably just paranoid if you get a 10.5” wide rear wheel and some decent 315s or 305s you will be fine I only run drag radials for embarrassing hellcats and stuff lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahahaaaaa that's great.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    Well, don't get me wrong I love a getting crazy. It's just not conducive to my budget. I think I lost a good chunk of tread this weekend These Scat Packs can’t ride all that well.. But I keep trying to push this beauty farther and I feel better tires is key. So once that happens I'll probably cut back on the shenanigans a bit. Which is a shame kinda, because these cars are really a huge box of smiles. But I don't want just a straight line car. I'm taking this thing to track days and canyon runs as well as the strip. Anyone care to share a pic of there top speed so far. That you have reached in places of legal consent of course These Scat Packs can’t ride all that well.. I can go first.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Talk about flex! I had mine up to 178 and I had the APR splitter on and ended up with a 3/4 inch gap between my hood and front bumper! It was literally ripping my bumper off! Ended up fixing it all though. Still don’t have a perfect fitment. Some of these have bad gaps from the factory


    2016 Scat Pack
    R2C cold Air
    Catch can
    Hemifever engine/trans tune
    Tazer
    Diff brace
    Petty’s adjustable sway bars
    10.5 WRTs 315s
    Wicker bill
    RGBW DRLs
    Insta 6.4Charger392
    2016 Pitch black Charger Scat Pack.
    R2C Cold Air
    Mid muffler delete
    Billet Tech catch can
    APR front air splitter/Wickerbill spoiler
    10.5 WRTs on 315s
    15% window tint

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    Hahahahaaaaa that's great.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Let’s be real all these new muscle cars mustangs camaros even our cars with stock tires they are just burn out machines


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes MissBeeHaving, aaron.moore39 liked this post

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrown83 View Post
    Talk about flex! I had mine up to 178 and I had the APR splitter on and ended up with a 3/4 inch gap between my hood and front bumper! It was literally ripping my bumper off! Ended up fixing it all though. Still don’t have a perfect fitment. Some of these have bad gaps from the factory


    2016 Scat Pack
    R2C cold Air
    Catch can
    Hemifever engine/trans tune
    Tazer
    Diff brace
    Petty’s adjustable sway bars
    10.5 WRTs 315s
    Wicker bill
    RGBW DRLs
    Insta 6.4Charger392
    Oh man yea I heard a story of a guy that said if you plan to drive your car over 140 do not and he repeated to do not put a splitter on it downforce would rip your bumper off good thing I listened


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Let’s be real all these new muscle cars mustangs camaros even our cars with stock tires they are just burn out machines


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually have to commend Chevy on any of there 1le camaro's with the tires they put on. Those eagle f1's (I think) just go. My buddy just got a zl1 1le and WOW! That thing is just mind blowing in the corners.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    I actually have to commend Chevy on any of there 1le camaro's with the tires they put on. Those eagle f1's (I think) just go. My buddy just got a zl1 1le and WOW! That thing is just mind blowing in the corners.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well that’s not fair the 1le zr1 and zl1 are both ****ing race cars lol I was thinking the regular v8 cars lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrown83 View Post
    Talk about flex! I had mine up to 178 and I had the APR splitter on and ended up with a 3/4 inch gap between my hood and front bumper! It was literally ripping my bumper off! Ended up fixing it all though. Still don’t have a perfect fitment. Some of these have bad gaps from the factory


    2016 Scat Pack
    R2C cold Air
    Catch can
    Hemifever engine/trans tune
    Tazer
    Diff brace
    Petty’s adjustable sway bars
    10.5 WRTs 315s
    Wicker bill
    RGBW DRLs
    Insta 6.4Charger392
    Holy S***!!! That is fast man, haha. Yeah, I agree you have to be carefull with the downforce. Splitters, big a** spoilers, dive planes, etc. All that stuff exists for a reason. And they work really well. Just not on high speed driving with cars like this. Kind of counter active. But that's super impressive you got it there with the downforce upgrades. Other than ripping you bumper off, how are you liking the apt splitter. I was thinking of just adding a lip instead of a while splitter.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Well that’s not fair the 1le zr1 and zl1 are both ****ing race cars lol I was thinking the regular v8 cars lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. But there regular 1&2SS with the 1le package comes with the same rubber. Which I guess is what I was trying to get at. But yes the other 2 are insane

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    True. But there regular 1&2SS with the 1le package comes with the same rubber. Which I guess is what I was trying to get at. But yes the other 2 are insane

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yea 1le package is cool and all but it’s a manual transmission my favorite car to stumble across on the streets are ss camaros with the redline package they are so cute lol think they paid 50k for a fast car then my boat embarrasses them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. Yeah they are meant for a track not the street. Don't get me wrong my friends zl1 1le gaps me. But then again he has about 200 more hp. Not to mention he is one of the best drivers I've ever met. He is the guy that races the acr extreme aero vipers I was talking about. Haha, he was raving about my scat pack the other day. Thing is these cars aren't the best at anything. But they ARE really really good at everything. They definitely not one trick ponies. I've had several ppl try to tell me it's just a straight line car. When they drive sti's, EVO's, and other small awd boosted cars. But my boat hangs in the corners every time. And if they mess up and fall out of boost. They are more than done. And they just look at me like D*** man. Didn't see that coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Yea 1le package is cool and all but it’s a manual transmission my favorite car to stumble across on the streets are ss camaros with the redline package they are so cute lol think they paid 50k for a fast car then my boat embarrasses them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    I actually have to commend Chevy on any of there 1le camaro's with the tires they put on. Those eagle f1's (I think) just go. My buddy just got a zl1 1le and WOW! That thing is just mind blowing in the corners.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well they must be different Eagle F1's than the POS F1's Dodge put on the 2010 STP Challengers.
    Sure they stuck to the ground on dry clean roads... but they also tossed every single stone & pebble at the rear quarters.
    Also the wheel hop the 6-spds had was magnified 10fold & pretty sure the F1's helped sell a sh!tload of HopNot kits.
    Because as soon as I ditched them for BFG Comp2's, my hop virtually disappeared with no other changes.

    When I finally decide to sell my car, the new owner can have them, still on the factory wheels (with the same stock air) and less than 1000 truly miserable miles on them. I live in the sticks in the north east... so our roads are full of cinders from winter salting that stays on the roads until almost June. Even idling down the street it sounded like kids were throwing rocks at the car with the F1's on the car.

    The rest of you guys sure have a healthy set of grapes running these cars up to 160+
    I'd be afraid of running over the plastic front ends on these cars...
    Air forces at those speeds are no joke & not sure I trust a bunch of plastic rivets to hold it all in place.
    Still remember seeing pics of a Challenger that had its six pack scoop rip off at 140mph a few years ago.
    But then again... Have balls will travel. (Although probably a good idea to have the vented HC hood on 1st)
    Last edited by Runner2go; 06-13-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    The Herd
    2009 300c Black (The Wife's)
    2018 392 Daytona White (Wife's #2)
    2010 6sp Challenger Mopar'10
    2003 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
    1966 383 4sp Charger
    1970 440+6 4sp Road Runner
    1974 360 Auto Challenger

    Likes aaron.moore39 liked this post

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner2go View Post
    Well they must be different Eagle F1's than the POS F1's Dodge put on the 2010 STP Challengers.
    Sure they stuck to the ground on dry clean roads... but they also tossed every single stone & pebble at the rear quarters.
    Also the wheel hop the 6-spds had was magnified 10fold & pretty sure the F1's helped sell a sh!tload of HopNot kits.
    Because as soon as I ditched them for BFG Comp2's, my hop virtually disappeared with no other changes.

    When I finally decide to sell my car, the new owner can have them, still on the factory wheels (with the same stock air) and less than 1000 truly miserable miles on them. I live in the sticks in the north east... so our roads are full of cinders from winter salting that stays on the roads until almost June. Even idling down the street it sounded like kids were throwing rocks at the car with the F1's on the car.

    The rest of you guys sure have a healthy set of grapes running these cars up to 160+
    I'd be afraid of running over the plastic front ends on these cars...
    Air forces at those speeds are no joke & not sure I trust a bunch of plastic rivets to hold it all in place.
    Still remember seeing pics of a Challenger that had its six pack scoop rip off at 140mph a few years ago.
    But then again... Have balls will travel. (Although probably a good idea to have the vented HC hood on 1st)
    Haha yeah, we took his zl1 out the other day. We don't necessarily live in the sticks but we do live in Idaho. So we have the same s*** from winters. They don't street sweep his neighborhood and the rocks those tires kicked up sounded horrendous. They are purely for sticking the corners on tracks and that's about it. If there is a drop of rain in the sky, he doesn't even take it out. He also has a z28 with Pirelli's on believe. Same thing. Throwing rocks everywhere. I won't even drive behind him. As far as the body holding up, I would hope they have improved the strength of the clips holding that body together. Since they had a rash of that kind of stuff happening. If they make a car and advertise that it will do 185. They should make the body be able to handle it IMO. As for the Hellcat hood the side vents are just heat extractors. And they sit below the curve of the front of the hood, so as to not catch air but help it exit from inside. I put a Hellcat hood on my scat pack, and it seemed to hold fine. I made sure to adjust the striker to have the hood sit slightly below the top of the bumper in hopes that the wind would not grab the front of the bumber and pull up on it. But rather come over top and push down on it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hardEight View Post
    Yeah took mine on it's first road trip this past weekend down I-4 in Orlando. Did the week before in the Wife's E350. Night and day difference.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Bought mine in VA and drive it home down I-95 to I-4 to 75, I know exactly what you mean lol...loved every minute though...first 15m down 95 in VA my wife was like, why am I bouncing so much lol...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes Scatram, hardEight liked this post

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    Holy S***!!! That is fast man, haha. Yeah, I agree you have to be carefull with the downforce. Splitters, big a** spoilers, dive planes, etc. All that stuff exists for a reason. And they work really well. Just not on high speed driving with cars like this. Kind of counter active. But that's super impressive you got it there with the downforce upgrades. Other than ripping you bumper off, how are you liking the apt splitter. I was thinking of just adding a lip instead of a while splitter.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I really like it. I’m considering trimming it down what’s left hidden under the bumper to decrease the downforce a bit. I had a good length of pavement and a slightly downgrade and I approached the 160 mark.


    2016 Scat Pack
    R2C cold Air
    Catch can
    Hemifever engine/trans tune
    Tazer
    Diff brace
    Petty’s adjustable sway bars
    10.5 WRTs 315s
    Wicker bill
    APR front splitter w/rods
    RGBW DRLs
    Insta 6.4Charger392

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •