Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like
    My tint is ceramic Llumar 15% on sides and rear and 50% on a front. Never had a tint on a windshield and was really concerned about it, but I am loving it. Reduced heat by a lot.

I created a new thread for dot matrix issue - please chime in there.
    tint and dot matrix rear window

Do not like how mine turned out at all and I posted some close up pics there. From 5 feets, it is not that noticeable, but from the inside, it bugs me a lot. did not have this issue on my previous cars - why the heck they even used these dots and why they are so wide?? Or I might just had a bad luck with the installer - going to show him that this week. Also after 2 weeks, I still notice a lot of small bubbles, some have tiny dust particles in there. Am I too picky?

But again from a distance, it looks awesome.

2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I lived in a State where they let you do the front window.
    But here in PA nothing is technically legal. Lawmakers are pussies & in 2008 passed a law that took away the States independence, and said that from then on out they would follow CA vehicle laws. (hence the highest gas tax in the nation) That said, very few Cops in PA will pull you over for just tint, and not sure they even can, as its a minor secondary offense. However... Tint the front window and they go apesh_t, and WILL pull you over the 2nd they see it! Plus we have 2 state inspection stickers that have to be on there, so that doesn't help.

At least here in PA they can't force you to remove tint for State Inspection like they used too, as the Commonwealth lost that battle in Court back in 1998. Since then it's still illegal, but on the cops to hand out fines... and they have more important things to do. Not to mention nearly half (number keeps growing every year) of the local cop cars are now tinted all around. So it's getting harder for them to bust your balls for tint, when their cruiser is also tinted (there is no cop car exemption in the state) Meanwhile the PA State cops continue to fry in the summer heat... as I haven't seen tint on any of those yet.
    The Herd
    2009 300c Black (The Wife's)
    2018 392 Daytona White (Wife's #2)
    2010 6sp Challenger Mopar'10
    2003 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
    1966 383 4sp Charger
    1970 440+6 4sp Road Runner
    1974 360 Auto Challenger

Post Thanks / Like
    I think cops in FL are worst offenders Some of their cars are tinted so dark you cannot even see them inside. I bet they do 5% tint. And they do tint front windshields too. Every second-third car in FL is tinted pretty dark. So if they do it, I will do it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Ceramic Llumar, 15% on the back and 25% on all four side windows.

2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona - Top Banana 2584
    BBK Cold Air Intake · JBA Stainless Shorty Headers · DiabloSport CAI 93 OctaneTune · Mopar Chrome 20's
    2017 Dodge Charger R/T Premium

Post Thanks / Like
    We aren't allowed any tint, and they will pull you over for only tint pretty aggressively. In Iowa we fight this annually. They refuse to budge. The senate passes the vote, and then it dies in the house. So instead? It gets raised from a 50$ ticket to 127$ -.-

Post Thanks / Like
    The other day we had our 2018 Daytona in for a tint job, and it was brought to my attention that both of the rear windows have a ****load of side to side play in them. Specifically if you lower them halfway and then grab a hold of them, you can move them left and right about 3/8". They slide up and down just fine in the tracks under their own power, but I can't say I've ever had windows that could be manually moved that far side to side,.

Anyone else notice this?
    Ya, I know it's not something normally attempted, but still...
    It seems like they have some mighty wide tracks... or we got a car with fubar'd windows.

I'll post some pics of the tint job, if and when we finally get a nice sunny day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spykexx View Post
    We aren't allowed any tint, and they will pull you over for only tint pretty aggressively. In Iowa we fight this annually. They refuse to budge. The senate passes the vote, and then it dies in the house. So instead? It gets raised from a 50$ ticket to 127$ -.-
    wow another thing to add to my list why I like Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    wow another thing to add to my list why I like Florida
    Texas bound here soon for me when I get my house paid down a ltitle haha. Really puts it into perspective when illinois and california have better tint laws than Iowa does -.-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spykexx View Post
    Texas bound here soon for me when I get my house paid down a ltitle haha. Really puts it into perspective when illinois and california have better tint laws than Iowa does -.-
    Not sure about that... doesn't look like CA is any better than PA. (pass 70% light)
    California Car Window Tint Laws (2019)

Post Thanks / Like

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678