Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    Does it matter if I tap into the driver or passenger rear speaker? I'd prefer the passenger since the sub is sitting on that side.

Thanks
    Passenger side is out of phase. Driver side is in phase.

If you connect to the passenger side, you'll need to play some music. If you dont like the response, swap the positive and negative, at the 6x9 tap.

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my power, ground & turn on working. No signal. To get this right, I have 4 wires in the RCA cable. I tie the 2 outer & the 2 inner wires together to make it 2 wires. I tap into the drivers rear. 1 to each cable. I set the switch on the amp to high level. Will I get no signal if I reverse the wires?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    I got my power, ground & turn on working. No signal. To get this right, I have 4 wires in the RCA cable. I tie the 2 outer & the 2 inner wires together to make it 2 wires. I tap into the drivers rear. 1 to each cable. I set the switch on the amp to high level. Will I get no signal if I reverse the wires?
    I JUST helped a member with this...

If you are using T-Taps, at the 6x9 harness, take a good pair of pliers and squeeze the heck out of them.

They probably haven't cut through the insulation.

Let us know your results.

You will get bass, either way they are connected. One way will yield nice full bass... the other way, it will be flat and muddy.

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Last edited by diboblo; 08-01-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, all good now. Still sounded like crap, until I hit the phase switch on the sub. Much better. The signal is really high though. I barley have to move the sub level up & it's too much. It's a 12" sealed Rockford powered unit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789