Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gfertig View Post
    I got the infinity kappa perfect 300m and they look like they should hold up. I’m running 100-150rms so I’ll let you know once I install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was gonna go with those but wasn't sure how it would sound with mids there. I guess about the same since I have mine set to play only mid hi's lol Please let me how you like them and if they hold up!
    2018 Scat Pack Charger, Full Carbon Fiber Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Hellcat Hood, Carbon Fiber Wing, Mopar Window Deflectors, AFE Cold Air Intake & Throttle Body Spacer, UPR Oil Catch Can, Tazer, Hellcat 6 Piston Calipers & Rotors, SpeedLogix Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, IRS Diff Brace, Spohn Performance Rear Control Arm Kit, Bwoody Front & Rear Sway Bar Links, Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars, Race Bullets, Resonators Deleted, JBA 3" Mid pipes with Mini Cats, Exhaust Valve Simulators

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 18-SCATPACK View Post
    Haha not doing well at all. When you crank it up you can smell them cooking. Just a matter of time before they blow. I ordered 4" speakers that im going to try to fit in there. They are rated to 35 watt rms versus the 3.5" at 25 watt rms. The Kenwood amp has a setup feature that allows you to change the type of speaker is. (tweeter signal, mid signal, mid hi signal, full range signal, subwoofer signal) I have mine set to mid hi. Full range seems to really push them. So ill see how the 4" work.

That is what I was afraid of, I have a full set off Infinity Reference ready to go in and was worried about the dash when I can afford the amp. I may have to look at some of the CDT and MX Design stuff for the dash even if they have a small crossover.
    2018 F8 Challenger M6

IG f8dragon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona1445 View Post
    That is what I was afraid of, I have a full set off Infinity Reference ready to go in and was worried about the dash when I can afford the amp. I may have to look at some of the CDT and MX Design stuff for the dash even if they have a small crossover.
    I have infinity reference as well. Aren't they rated as 3ohms? I would think that you can add more power....just just not cranking up the power to them would be fine. At least that's my plan

Edited to include speakers( to make sure I'm on the same page)

Dash: Infinity reference x ref-3002cfx...3-ohm speakers

Doors and rear deck: infinity reference ref-9623ix....3-ohm speakers.

The kicker for me is that there is a note that says that "combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load. That's the confusing part...but I think I'm fine here.

My plan is to get the components that 18-scat picked up...like the idatalink maestro ar replacement module and the idatalink HRN--AR-EXT4 harness now, then when I can save some money, get the Kenwood excelon xr600-6dsp. That puppy is pricy

2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack
    Last edited by arod412; 03-01-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was curious if you contacted the manufacturer about the wiring issue with the harness. I hope to start my install in a couple of weeks using the same harness but with the DSR1.

Thanks again for this write up.

Quote Originally Posted by 18-SCATPACK View Post
    Decided to replace the whole stereo system. Sounds SOO much better then the stock Alpine system. All the stock beeps, chimes, Bluetooth work perfect. Very happy how this turned out. I also mounted an 8" sub in the rear deck. The sub hits very hard and makes the deck rattle very badly so I may get a box for it. Dynamat isn't cutting it...

Here's what was installed:

Front Doors and Rear Deck: Infinity Kappa 93IX 3-way Speakers

Dash: JBL GX302 3.5" 2-Way Speakers (May try to fit a 4" speaker soon)

Rear Deck Sub: Infinity Kappa 800w (8" Sub 1600w Peak) Direct fit in the rear deck no modifications!

Amp#1:
    Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP (1200w Peak, 600 RMS)

Amp#2: Alpine Monoblock MRX-M110 (1100w RMS) with Remote Bass Knob (Had this amp laying around from my old 06 SRT8 Magnum)

iDatalink Meastro AR Replacement Module

iDatalink HRN-AR-CH2 Harness

4 gauge positive and negative wires

Metra #72-6514 Speaker Adapters (doors and rear deck)

80 amp fuse for the Kenwood Amp and 100 amp fuse for the Alpine Amp

Made a custom speaker wire extension for the Kenwood Amp (since the amp is mounted to the rear seats)

If anyone wants to install this kit I would highly recommend it. It sounds great and super loud! Just need to fine tune the sound since to adjust the sound its done via Bluetooth with your phone.

Few tips for install, YOU MUST use the 18 pin extension wiring harness the Kenwood amp comes with. I tried it with the iDatalink extension harness and it didn't work. Using the iDatalink extension harness the Bluetooth, in dash sound controls and other features don't work. Using the Kenwood extension harness makes every work fine. Also the iDatalink wiring diagram has incorrect colors and pins for connecting the "A" plug to the AR Module. Diagram shows connect the White wire from the "A" plug to the Blue wire (pin # 2) and connect the Black wire from the "A" plug to the Black wire (pin # 11) THIS IS INCORRECT! When you hook these wires up the blind spot indicators don't work, says service the system, the radio shuts off and the engine high speed fan turns on. The correct wiring is to connect the White wire from the "A" plug to the Yellow wire (pin # 15) and connect the Black wire from the "A" plug to the Light Pink wire (pin # 6). Do this and everything will work perfectly!

Here's some pics from my install:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona1445 View Post
    I was curious if you contacted the manufacturer about the wiring issue with the harness. I hope to start my install in a couple of weeks using the same harness but with the DSR1.

Thanks again for this write up.
    Daytona1445 checkout my thread here on the DSR1:

Rockford DSR1 w/UConnect and JL Amps
    Rockford DSR1 w/UConnect and JL Amps

Post Thanks / Like
    question for the OP or whom ever knows, what advantage if any would the iDatalink Meastro AR Replacement Module and iDatalink HRN-AR-CH2 Harness have over something like the PAC unit that gives it RCA outputs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...reviving this thread again because it has very useful information (plus I'm too lazy to start a new thread).

So I upgraded my 6 alpine speakers last spring to infinity reference REF-9623ix on the doors and rear deck and infinity reference-3002cfx 3 1/2"... 2-way speakers.

I'm noticing some rattling going at higher volumes on front and back. Don't know if its cabling, maybe making sure I'm using all of the screws on all 4 holes (I only use 2 or 3 of them....just to keep it in place, or maybe I just need some sound proofing, but I wanted to get some opinions on what people might do with any cabling, or any type of maintenance that you do after any type of speaker install, to get the best, clear sounds without any type of rattling, or distractions.

I want to fix this relatively soon, because I want to add a infinity kappa 800w 8" sub in the rear deck and amp in my trunk in about a month or so, so I need to get in there and tighten things up.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes Blokhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Charger scatpack audio upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Infinity makes some very good door and rear deck speakers along with tweeters, Rockford fosgate makes dam good subs and competition amps. Had this set up on my 95 Impala SS, that baby was ROCKING!!!, cant remember the series I went with though.
    2012 300 SRT8 exhaust, intake, tuned, 180 thermostat, oil catch can
    2011 M37s 22's, BC coil overs, exhaust, intake, other small stuff
    2006 Land Rover (Wife's Ride) 22's
    2012 Camaro LS (wife's Ride) 22's, exhaust, intake, stereo upgrade
    2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughter's Ride)
    2004 Impala SS Supercharged (Sold)
    2004 Escalade (Wrecked) 22's DVD's
    1999 Dodge Durango (Sold)
    1996 Accord heavy Modded (Traded)
    1995 Impala SS heavy Modded (Sold) Gone but not forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

2016 scatpack

I used the Kappa speakers in mine as well without an amp. Mine has 6.5 in the rear deck. I guess the newer ones have 6x9 there. Mopars way of dealing with sound system complaints. Instead of fixing the root cause, the poor way the factory amp deals with distributing the freq range, they just put bigger speakers in the back. Door speakers, these speakers will require cutting up the factory water shield on the front speakers. And they do not line up well with the screw holes in the same bracket very well. The connectors rub against the metal cut out in the door and will have to be taped up to prevent a short and they stick about 1.8th of an inch too far back and ground out on the window guides. Will need to space them out a bit. But you can make them work. Great speakers, just not the best choice for this car. Front Speakers - the Kappas work just fine. Sub Woofer- i used the JL Audio stealth box in the trunk with a JL 500 watt amp. It will drown out the rest of the system if you crank it up more than 50 percent. Great sub. The biggest problem with the factory system is the speakers. That alone will make it sound 10 times better. The second biggest problem is the amp. Not its power, but the way it distributes the freq range. Nothing in the doors but lows and low mids. That leaves all the vocals on the tiny little 3.5 inch speakers in the dash and whatever you have on the back deck. To hear anything, you have to crank it and everything you hear is coming from the back because it drowns out the tiny little front speakers. Add a sub, and now EVERYTHING is coming from the back and the front is just decoration behind the speaker grills. The door speakers are now totally useless for adding anything to your audio experience. Replace the speakers. A must. But find something that fits a little better than the Kappa. The water shield is there for a reason. Add a sub. Highly recommend the JL Audio stealth box. Amp? That is where your budget triples or more. It is not just an amp you need. And if you use the system the OP used, you are going to spend 1k or better just to get an amp plugged into the car itself. If you have the cash, go for it. If not, wait until Kicker or Alpine comes out with a plug and play like they did with the 14s and earlier. The Kicker upgrade for the 14s eliminated the crossover mess the factory amps have hard wired into them to keep you from blowing speakers. Has anyone tried to re-pin the 14 kicker amp to plug into the 15s and later? would have to cut up the alpine amp for the plugs but would be worth the effort and very cost effective.
    Last edited by rosco11; 07-01-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered the infinity kappa 800w 8” for the rear deck....so I’m super excited to get this installed.

Any tips on removing the rear deck speaker cover so I can install this bad boy? I did some minor YouTubing, and some suggest that to get it off, yo need to remove the side pillar. When I installed the 6x9 last year, I just slide it back just enough to put those smaller speakers. This time, I’m gonna need to remove it. I’m worried about the rubber seal at the end of it...in that it won’t be snug to the window, and might cause some rattling in the future.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked up the price on that kenwood amp and my jaw droppedBye Bye Junk Alpine Stereo...$800

....but you gotta pay to play, I suppose. OP’s setup is cool. I like it...a lot. Looks easy to install.

Right now I’m just powering my RF P3D4 12’s with a Rockville amp for now. In a few weeks I’ll be replacing all the factory speakers. After that the goal is to replicate OP’s setup with something more wallet friendly

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha...this sub out of the box is alot bigger than advertised

Likes ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you put in an 8" infinity Sub in the rear deck. Im considering doing that to replace the weak sub in the 2012 Harmon Kardon system. But it lists it as being a 10" Sub.
    Does anyone know on the 2012? Or just order the 10" version? (and an amp of course)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast