Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by An1mal View Post
    Nice set up man I just literally did mine this weekend changed all the interiors but I already had the subs put in the alpine was kinda crap also added a dash and rear cam video

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Thanks man! What interior speakers did you go with?
    2018 Scat Pack Charger, Full Carbon Fiber Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Hellcat Hood, Carbon Fiber Wing, Mopar Window Deflectors, AFE Cold Air Intake & Throttle Body Spacer, UPR Oil Catch Can, Tazer, Hellcat 6 Piston Calipers & Rotors, SpeedLogix Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, IRS Diff Brace, Spohn Performance Rear Control Arm Kit, Bwoody Front & Rear Sway Bar Links, Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars, Race Bullets, Resonators Deleted, JBA 3" Mid pipes with Mini Cats, Exhaust Valve Simulators

Post Thanks / Like
    Went with the focals for my interiors my sub box has 2 kicker 12s

2016 Deadpool Charger scatpack
    Lmi Intake
    Tazer
    20x9.5 20x11 AG wheels
    2 Kicker 12's Focal interiors
    Hydro Dipped interior
    Custom Ipad Dash mount
    Barton Shifter
    Billet Tech Underhood kit
    3G Customz underhood kit
    Likes 18-SCATPACK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by An1mal View Post
    Went with the focals for my interiors my sub box has 2 kicker 12s

Nice! How do you like them? I was looking at them but very expensive tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! I’m using the same metro cables for the rear deck....did anyone confirm the correct polarity for these wires? Checking the polarity off the speaker and matching them up it looks like the rear passenger side is flipped.....has anyone confirmed this or know the correct color code for these wires....? Crazy trying to find the color code for this

Post Thanks / Like
    Very clear gonna give em some break in time to see how much better they get but so far I can actually hear lyrics instead of just bass and there crisp as hell out lol but your right they are expensive next time I might just go with something a little cheaper were they worth it for me yes I love the way it sounds now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TopSide View Post
    Very nice! I’m using the same metro cables for the rear deck....did anyone confirm the correct polarity for these wires? Checking the polarity off the speaker and matching them up it looks like the rear passenger side is flipped.....has anyone confirmed this or know the correct color code for these wires....? Crazy trying to find the color code for this

Thanks! I didn't have any issues with mine. Vehicle wiring colors for the Rear Right Side, Positive is Green/Brown, Negative is Yellow/Grey. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious now in how big of a sub speaker you can put in that rear deck. I can't imagine that you can put anything bigger than an 8" sub.

What kind of speaker is normally in its place?

2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 18-SCATPACK View Post
    Thanks! I didn't have any issues with mine. Vehicle wiring colors for the Rear Right Side, Positive is Green/Brown, Negative is Yellow/Grey. Hope this helps!
    Thanks - this is what I’ve seen from Crutchfield for the 2011 charger and up.... it’s funny b/c after pulling the right rear deck speaker looks like dodge wired the factor speakers out of phase. I’m seeing this on the front right dash as well....in all my years of doing systems I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m wondering if the factory amp is setup to play this way.....if anyone has the the correct/confirmed wiring codes for the front dash and door that would be helpful. I may drop by by local dealership and see if I can get the schematic for the 6 speaker Alpine system...I was going for just a simple drop and play...and it’s turned into to this rabbit hole....I did test the stock system for clipping and the good news is if you leave the eq flat...stock system can play volume to level 33 before it clips. Tested at 0db for both 1k & 40hz....used a DD1 off the right rear deck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice man! The Rockford DSR1 might be a little harder to install on our cars. The factory radio doesn't use RCA inputs on the stock amp. The iDatalink interface T harness doesn't have any RCA inputs either. The T harness actually has 12 separate channels. But 6 of them are only used for our cars. Dash left, Dash right, Front Door left, Front Door right, Rear Deck Left, Rear Deck Right. Its not group channels. Here is a wiring diagram from the T harness for you to look at. I know its says for kenwood amp (You'll be using the JL Amp) but you will be using the same T harness. Im assuming your going to wire the speakers to your JL Amp and run the RCA Cables from the JL Amp to the DSR and run RCA cables from that amp to the other JL Amp to power the sub(s)? Is the JL Amp 4 channel or 6 channel?

[IMG][/IMG]
    You got it bro. That’s awesome so the interface maintains the separate dash signal from the front. I have a 900/5(500/1 + 400/4) and a 600/4 amp. Im trying to decide how to select speakers. I could just use the 600/4 for the fronts and 2ch of the 400/4 for the rear...maybe add another set somewhere? Trying to decide JL vs JBL vs Other...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to ask, how are the dash speakers doing with all the power from that amp? Where do you have them crossed over at?
    2018 F8 Challenger M6

IG f8dragon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arod412 View Post
    I'm curious now in how big of a sub speaker you can put in that rear deck. I can't imagine that you can put anything bigger than an 8" sub.

What kind of speaker is normally in its place?

2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack
    You can only fit an 8" sub in there. The stock sub size is 8"

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t mean to jump in......but isn’t the radios in our cars the interface for operating climate controls and performance pages...and other things Uconnect.....So how are you changing the radio system......?

Do they aftermarket head units that adapt to our controls in ours car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona1445 View Post
    I forgot to ask, how are the dash speakers doing with all the power from that amp? Where do you have them crossed over at?

Haha not doing well at all. When you crank it up you can smell them cooking. Just a matter of time before they blow. I ordered 4" speakers that im going to try to fit in there. They are rated to 35 watt rms versus the 3.5" at 25 watt rms. The Kenwood amp has a setup feature that allows you to change the type of speaker is. (tweeter signal, mid signal, mid hi signal, full range signal, subwoofer signal) I have mine set to mid hi. Full range seems to really push them. So ill see how the 4" work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblnmn View Post
    Don’t mean to jump in......but isn’t the radios in our cars the interface for operating climate controls and performance pages...and other things Uconnect.....So how are you changing the radio system......?

Do they aftermarket head units that adapt to our controls in ours car?

Didn't change the head unit. Only the amp and speakers. Some cars they do make a idatalink interface to change to an aftermarket head unit. But you need a smart head unit to do that. They list them on idatalink's website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha not doing well at all. When you crank it up you can smell them cooking. Just a matter of time before they blow. I ordered 4" speakers that im going to try to fit in there. They are rated to 35 watt rms versus the 3.5" at 25 watt rms. The Kenwood amp has a setup feature that allows you to change the type of speaker is. (tweeter signal, mid signal, mid hi signal, full range signal, subwoofer signal) I have mine set to mid hi. Full range seems to really push them. So ill see how the 4" work.
    I got the infinity kappa perfect 300m and they look like they should hold up. I’m running 100-150rms so I’ll let you know once I install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast