Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

MFER-1 Active exhaust delete

Ordered the MEFR-1 active exhaust delete. Much better than the AES one. Plus, the guy with MEFR-1 is a cool guy. Tazer will not keep the valves open, so stop telling yourself it does. I do not know why people think it stays open in track mode. It might open up sooner but that's about it. If you want valves to stay open you need to do active exhaust delete kit. I've done just about everything to my stock exhaust. I did mid muffler delete, I didn't like that so I did Dynomax race bullets. I decided to take those off and put SLP loudmouth 1's in place of muffler and then took off rear resonators. Exhaust sounds great, except the valves closing so I'm doing the active exhaust delete kit and I'll be happy!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Likes bgipson21 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine cost me zero dollars!! Took the actuators off, stainless tie wired the valves open, and boom, no more active exhaust!! Running hp tuners, so I just tuned out the engine light.
    As for tazer, not that I have a horse in the race, but a guy ran a scope in the exhaust and showed the valves opened while in track mode. Pretty sure the video didn't lie. Just sayin.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    zAutomotive TaZer - Active Exhaust Wide Open SRT Track Mode - YouTube
    Last edited by ronan978; 11-26-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes BlackCharger06 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing cheaper the Free dollars and fifty free cents, that is a steal!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Mine cost me zero dollars!! Took the actuators off, stainless tie wired the valves open, and boom, no more active exhaust!! Running hp tuners, so I just tuned out the engine light.
    As for tazer, not that I have a horse in the race, but a guy ran a scope in the exhaust and showed the valves opened while in track mode. Pretty sure the video didn't lie. Just sayin.....

[CENTER]2006 300C SRT8[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
    2017 Hellcat exhaust / MF High flow cats / LMI Air Hammer / Mopar Perfomance TCM / Diablo Trinity / Johan (Diablotoona) Tuned / Pedders TrackII springs and shocks / '16 Scat pack front sway bar 32mm / Bwoody Hellcat front end links / Arrington billet strut tower brace / UPR pro series bump stop kit / Custom Air-Oil separator / Mishimoto 180* T-stat / Speedlogix billet front adj control arms / HyLift Johnson roller lifters -What "Hemi tick"/ + HRF
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The beauty of Tazer is for the times when some of us want quiet, just take out of track mode and the valves are go back to being adjusted by Rpms

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like

Lol..... no damn way is a Tazer keeping exhaust valves open. I guess you believe everything you see. Might be free but that **** looks ghetto as ****.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but that looks terrible! To each is own though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lmjames View Post
    Lol..... no damn way is a Tazer keeping exhaust valves open. I guess you believe everything you see. Might be free but that **** looks ghetto as ****.

I believe what I can see and touch, not what I read. I don't think any delete short of new pipe looks AT ALL ASTHETICALLY pleasing(need I remind you this is UNDER your car) . I just kept the valves should I decide to go back. Only reason I even did it is because one of the actuators shattered. To me, simple is better than some rube Goldberg contraption under my car.

Last edited by ronan978; 11-26-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    The beauty of Tazer is for the times when some of us want quiet, just take out of track mode and the valves are go back to being adjusted by Rpms

Track mode does not keep open. When you start your car, put it in track mode and tell me if you hear a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Track mode does not keep open. When you start your car, put it in track mode and tell me if you hear a difference.

I’m 100% sure it does, I tested it personally on my scat pack for 32,000 miles.
    Let me explain how this works...

On normal mode, the valves do open all the way however only at higher rpms, this is how dodge designed it and it works as advertised however some of us need more sound all the time, hence track mode with o e push of a button, it serves multiple functions just like sport mode but more aggressive, it holds it in gear longer which would help on a track in auto mode and it also opens the valves all the way all the time. You can hear the difference I’m not relying on anyone to tell me that, although the video just proves we are right as you can see them open.
    The only reason I do t do what Ronen and others have done, which is remove the simulator that closes them at all, is because I personally sometimes need it quiet in which case default mode is perfect, ie kids, wife or clients in the car etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted
    Last edited by lmjames; 11-26-2017 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Delete

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe what I can see and touch, not what I read. I don't think any delete short of new pipe looks AT ALL ASTHETICALLY pleasing(need I remind you this is UNDER your car) . I just kept the valves should I decide to go back. Only reason I even did it is because one of the actuators shattered. To me, simple is better than some rube Goldberg contraption under my car.

You must like the valves open all the time? I guess you got a point. How did you remove without having CEL???

Post Thanks / Like

I run long tube headers and I can assure you 100% in my 16 scatpack that track mode kept my valves open. Trust me the decibal difference is multiplied tenfold with headers, there is no mistakening the difference. I'm a little upset that my actuator broke, because I always drive in track mode, but when I need to take a call I could just go to sport or default and be quiet. Now I can't MFER-1 Active exhaust deleteMFER-1 Active exhaust delete

Post Thanks / Like
    You must like the valves open all the time? I guess you got a point. How did you remove without having CEL???

On hp tuners, you can select what codes you want to throw the cel. Helps out for things like this or for 02 sensors.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what is the purpose of doing the active exhaust delete? So you are saying it's open all the time in track mode? When I start my car and push the track mode I don't hear anything. Sounds exactly the same. This it's a very confusing topic in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what is the purpose of doing the active exhaust delete? So you are saying it's open all the time in track mode? When I start my car and push the track mode I don't hear anything. Sounds exactly the same. This it's a very confusing topic in my opinion.

Try driving at different speeds with windows down, and press track and release track, I’d be surprised if you don’t hear a difference, unless something is wrong. I heard a big difference.
    My only issue now is I have an 18 and no Tazer still, I believe tomorrow the harness is available finally... I really only bought it for track mode lol...

I’m hoping that satisfies me enough otherwise bullets or flowmasters will replace the mids

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast