Thread: 392 intake

Post Thanks / Like

392 intake

I recently found a 392 intake manifold for my 2013 charger rt. I know it’s a direct bolt on but I’ve read a few places that to enter short runner mode I need to wire some things up. I’ve ordered all the correct parts to do so, I’m just curious that if I had the car custom tuned do I need to bother with wiring anything up?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you need to wire up the intake runner valve in order to switch between long runner and short runner mode inside the intake.
    Without doing so, your throwing away lots of HP.

Swap 392 Intake Manifold onto Hemi 5.7: Complete Guide - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    LXF member Hemissary created a thread detailing the SRV swap which he pioneered way back in 2011 when the 392 first came out. The MSD & Painless items will always be a surefire way to make it functional (the '15+ cars with more control modules can apparently have the functionality turned on via only electronic wizardy). Just make sure it's a 392 intake manifold from a car and not a truck - unless you want to notch your hood.
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    Mopar // SRT // Pursuit // LMI // Zoomers // Belanger // Diablosport // Hotchkis // PowerGrid Inc // Razor's Edge // Petty's Garage // AAD // Syncro Design Works // Ridetech // Crank This! Performance-BFNY // Serious Metal Fab // Carbotech // Russell // Rennline // Stant // Joelvan // Derale // ATI Perf // Earl's // Improved Racing // Milodon // B&M // AMG // Wavetrac // ZAutoTech // Saleen SMS // Speedhut // WebElectric // Hurst
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the thread I created that allows the Apache Short Runner Valve (SRV) to function properly on any Hemi engine with 6.1, Eagle or Apache cylinder heads:

Adapting the SRV Intake to Function on Other platforms
    Likes jjo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't wired it up by now. On 13's+ with HP Tuners you can turn on the SRV function. I made a Harness to pin into the factory PCM pinouts and the power/ground spots in the PDC. Relatively easy all wire will be "hidden" because of factory style routing. With HP Tuners you can also set the SRV RPM activation to fine tune where it wants to be just like the MSD box.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180? T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, [email protected]/[email protected]