Post Thanks / Like

Extreme shaking at 45 to 60mph

Hello all,

Looooong time no visit.

Sold my hellcat a few years back now just bought a procharger awd 2014 dodge charger with a big brake kit.

A few weeks ago I noticed a shake in the wheel after a few hard pulls.

So I replaced the motor mounts with solid ones since the previous owner told me this was a common issue.

Took care of the shake except at 45mph it was still there strong but only till about 60. So replaced tranny mount. Replaced tires got a alignment and boom it still shakes.

So I am under the car a see what looks like a bolt missing from near the drive shaft.

So two questions, should there be a bolt here and if so what size? If this doesn't fix it where should I look next?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    No threads so you aren't missing a fastener there. Its a pry point to pop off the diff cover. Do you feel the shaking in the steering wheel or the whole car? Id look into the driveshaft couplers and the center support bearing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well,

I was driving into work yesterday and boom goes the dynamite. Transmission blew up. Towed to the shop, said it was a wobbling pin inside the tranny.

So that is fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes,bum deal. I recently had to replace the trans in my 06' 300c a few weeks back with a low mileage used unit,not fun lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks!!! How much was everything total?

Did you go with a bulkier unit? I thought about swapping to a set nag1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ran me $1,675 total,had a local shop do the work since I don't have a garage anymore. Not trying to do that job solo lol,don't have the patience or time these days. But they sourced the last good used nag1 on the island,changed the fluid and filter and swapped it out. Just a stock unit,along with the torque converter.More than I wanted to spend obviously but main thing it's done with.

Post Thanks / Like
    So did that actually fix the shaking problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will tell you when I get the car back.

Still in the shop. Apparently all nag1s are not built the same. Seems the srt units last a while longer than the RT. But also it doesn't make sense to pay 2300 for a srt nag one when I can fortify the RT for that same price

so we will see.

I replaced the tranny on my jaguar xf supercharged literally 1 month ago, and it was $1550 out the door.

Likes Ultimagic5, Lowlife44 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the cradle bearing stabilizer went out. Almost took the part that stabilizes the driveshaft. Anyone know where to get one. Or how much I should pay for one?

Post Thanks / Like
    The vibration was coming from the center bearing near the driveline. It was shot. Almost all of the bolts were torn through as well. And a new tranny. Warranty covered it for 150. Otherwise it would of been about 1500.....still not horrible.

Thanks all for the replies

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! That was a RCH away from driveshaft falling loose. I wonder how it got worn like that; the bolts must have been loose, possibly worked their way loose due to threadlocker failure (or maybe failure of a tech to apply thread locker after the bolts had been removed?)

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8