Post Thanks / Like

Oil Change Indicator.

Anyone have issues with the 'Oil Change' indicator?

I change my oil/filter based on local sales and weather. It is changed before the recommended mileage, usually at half the recomended interval. I admit it's overkill and not necessary but,... I do it anyway.

A month ago I changed oil/filter. A week later I got a 'Change Oil' warning. I'm used to this since my changes are out of sync with reality. I did the three throttle depression to kill the warning. This morning I got another indicator to change oil. Fearing a leakage I checked via dipstick. Oil was clean and at upper level.

Why is the warning indicator popping back up again?

Post Thanks / Like
    When your oil was changed did you reset your "Oil Life" to 100%? (I'm not sure if pre-2015's had Oil Life percentage.)
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2015 Charger Hellcat #0771

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    When your oil was changed did you reset your "Oil Life" to 100%? (I'm not sure if pre-2015's had Oil Life percentage.)
    They did not.

Thanks for your reply.
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the oil can light on the cluster or an actual oil change warning or something. I'm uneducated on past 1st Gen tech

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    Is it the oil can light on the cluster or an actual oil change warning or something. I'm uneducated on past 1st Gen tech
    Not the oil can MIL. It is the digital vehicle info screen between the tach and speedo.