Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler Options (original ideas, easy on flaming please!)

Good evening gentlemen, I've been kicking around a couple ideas and just found the courage to post them on here haha. I doubt many remember me, but I was a previous long time member with an MSRT8 with an HHP cam and some other goodies but forgot all of my information so I started a new profile. Hopefully that gets me to at least semi newb status.

Anyway, I currently have a 13 Bee and I think the phatcat spoiler would look decent since the black stripe would hide where the hellcat style spoiler begins to look out of place on the edges. If I went that route, I'd probably put a wicker bill on there as well because I love the look of those on the newer models.

Option 2 I have considered would be to shorten the pillars of the stock one to where the spoiler would nearly be flush with the trunk, then put an 11-14 wicker bill kit on there to give it more of a streamlined look, at least in my opinion.

If I was technically saavy, I'd do some photoshopping right now. But I am redneck engineer saavy, so I think I could make either one happen, I just need some outside opinions to either encourage or walk me off the ledge. The weekend is coming soon after all! Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. IMG_20180724_070025.jpg

Current - '13 Super Bee, few bolt ons
    Past - '08 Caliber, big turbo, 401 fwhp
    Past - '06 Magnum SRT8, HHP cam, heads, other goodies

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, meant to post a picture of the front bumper since it has been wrapped. Last weekend I wrapped the middle in gloss black and tinted the taillights so the spoiler has seemed like a good next project candidate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the xenon spoiler. It's my personal favorite.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2013 Charger Pursuit. 6.4 HEMI swap. 20x9 forged OEM wheels. Atturo AZ850 275 tires. SHR MOD6 valve body. Tan cloth R/T interior swap. 4 piston red Brembos and 3.09 LSD on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Making one is a way to stand out. I had to make one since they don't offer much for the gen 2.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22
    Thanks mattyfloyd6 thanked for this post
    Likes SCOTT57RT, PlumCrazyTN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to ressurect the dead, but Lowe's and home Depot are getting out of the lexan/plexiglass stuff so I scored a few thicker lexan pieces that I'll mess around with this weekend. Not sure if it's a local thing, but you guys may want to check out those stores and just throw out and offer for a few pieces. Im sure I'll screw some up in the learning curve, but as it stands I have enough for a wanna be wicker bill and a poor man's apr chin spoiler and spent less than $100 on the material.

Last edited by mattyfloyd6; 04-12-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Making one is a way to stand out. I had to make one since they don't offer much for the gen 2.
    That looks incredible on that body style. Did you use low heat and slowly mold it? Was it clear and you wrapped it? Im pretty competent with wrapping (and rapping after a few wine coolers), which is what I'll have to do since my pieces are Crystal clear. Anyway, kudos to you coanan. I love seeing stuff like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not plexiglass or the like. Took a factory SRT and grafted another spoiler on top. Then some duraglas/bondo to smooth, primer and paint.
    Last edited by coanan; 04-12-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it none of this is intended to be functional aero? The factory wing is a functional piece, which is why it's raised up the way it is.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    I take it none of this is intended to be functional aero? The factory wing is a functional piece, which is why it's raised up the way it is.
    That's impressive work my friend. No, nothing functional, I just like to challenge myself with diy stuff that is unique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyfloyd6 View Post
    That's impressive work my friend. No, nothing functional, I just like to challenge myself with diy stuff that is unique.

Gotcha, good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this CF spoiler made for me from APR Performance....yes it has that tuner rice burner look, but as you can see I'm not pushing a 4 banger. The quality is spot on. I haven't decided if I want to change the support braces some. Either shorter or get creative and have something altogether remade, maybe a little wider.But over all I wanted something different that didn't have that crescent moon / boomerang shape spoiler. I plan on having the outboard side of the side wings painted to match body color.