Post Thanks / Like

2010 Pursuit - Is horn fused?

Horn has never worked for me in 2010 Charger Pursuit. I suspect it's some disconnected siren that had been wired to it for clearing intersections. Horns themselves tested and working. I've gone through front fuse box, and rear PDS, as well as manual, and it does not list a fuse nor a relay for horn. Is it possible the horn is not fused/relay? Seems odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's on the same as the AC clutch.
    bill

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    [email protected], 1.762 60' 620 DA

Post Thanks / Like
    I did Ev installations for awhile. They will typically cut and splice somewhere under the steering column for the horn ring on the siren. You’ll need a wiring diagram but that’s a good place to start since that’s the typical cut location.

Start tracing wires or the wire if you have a diagram looking for anything cut.
    Last edited by azchrisf; Yesterday at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2008 Magnum and a 2010 Charger. They have the same electrical system. From the service manual:
    The horn button provides a closure to the Steering Wheel Control Module (clock spring). From there the horn signal is data to the Totally Integrated Power Module (front fuse block). The TIPM provides a high side signal (12 volts) to the two horns. The ground on the horns is the mechanical connection to the cross member.

You can check to be sure there is a closure on the horn switch by checking the connection into the clock spring. - Take the ground off of the battery, go have a cup of coffee. Take the airbag off the steering wheel, disconnect the horn connection. Reverse to reassemble.
    You can check to see if there is 12 volts at C1 (black) pin 3 when the horn button is pressed. - If there is voltage, look for an open in the wire to the horns, or a bad ground.
    You can run 12 v (battery) to the input side of the horn with the connector disconnected. - If this does not work, clean the ground connections on the horns (the bolt).

Good luck. Steve