Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Myckee View Post
    No, I did not have to cut anything in order to fit them. They fit perfectly without cutting. However, the ABS wire holder is incorporated into the bracket that holds the original hose. So if you remove the entire original hose and bracket, which are one piece, and replace with the Stoptech, there is no holder for the ABS wire. You would have to ziptie the ABS wire, or something, to secure it to prevent it from flopping around. So, by cutting the old hose from the bracket and reusing that lower part of the bracket, along with the Stoptech lines, you get to keep the factory ABS holder along with your new line. Not Needed per say, as I am sure zipties are fine, but much nicer.

I do not believe the Russell lines have the bracket with the ABS holder either, so you must have secured the ABS wire some other way.

I realize pictures would be helpful to understand, however I didn't take any. I will post pictures here when I do the swap on my car in a few days when my lines arrive.
    Instead of cutting, simply open the OEM bracket up, remove if from the OEM hose, place it on the new TEFLON / stainless steel hoses and squeeze the bracket closed. In the image you see below, you can see the opened clasp that would normally hold the OEM hose. The OEM bracket that is still supporting the wheel speed sensor is sandwiched between the new bracket and the spindle and the hose has been zip-tied to the alignment tangs:

Last edited by Hemissary; 09-28-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Myckee, Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, a picture definitely helps. I agree, a simple twist of a flat head screw driver would have freed the original hose from the bracket as you did, instead of chopping it off like I did. Same result, different method!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have stoptech lines on my 06 Charger and it comes with a brace for the ABS hose in the kit that fits with the brake line mount bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Dead thread guys...replaced months ago, but thanks!
    Likes d rock no ice liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thor363 View Post
    Dead thread guys...replaced months ago, but thanks!

What could possibly be wrong with reviving a thread that contains valuable information?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12