Post Thanks / Like

Passenger Cam Timing Gear Off 1/16" To The Right - 3.5L Motor

2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6

Installed new dealer timing belt - tensioner - tensioner pulley - water pump. So far 99.X % has gone well. Like many - getting the pasener side mark to be perfect has eluded me. Drivers side and crank are spot on. Motor City Mechanic(youtube) in video 5/5 has his mark off even more than mine. By "Off To The Right" - I mean as you are staring at the mark. The index mark on my passenger side cam gear is pointing at the right side wall of the timing mark indentation on the back cover. If my mark were 1/16" more to the left I would be dead center. Have reset mark countless times. Spun engine manually 3X after my last adjustment. Marks do not move.
    Concerned about the infamous P0016 code. It may be another day before I have it back together and running.
    I know some say start the engine in it's present state. I wouldn't run it for no more than a few secs. if I were to do that - P0016 would not likely show up in that short of a duration. I've never cared for that approach anyway. Have done tbelts on others car. First time on Charger 3.5L
    I'll post an update later after it's been running awhile. One spot I found on the WEB said it may take 2 drive cycles to raise the P0016 code - another said you will receive it within a min. or so after first startup following Tbelt change.
    Tried uploading a picture. All I got was a long-running spinning circle.

Thanks for this great forum.
    Lester
    2010 Dodge Charger 3.5 V6

Post Thanks / Like
    The code will trigger in an extremely short amount of time. I've experienced that firsthand. Installed everything started it got the code. Redid the alignment, cleared the code before restarting. Restarted it ran it for 5 -10 seconds it was fine.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Thanks Lester Lugnut thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I fired up the Charger Sat, morning 07/13/19. She idled smoothly - no CHECK engine light. Have put 125 miles on it since then and again - no CHECK engine lights or poor performance of any kind. The car runs great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost every 3.5 belt I have replaced the timing marks are slightly off. Mostly on aftermarket belts. If you line ALL marks up- and one is slightly off- this is ok. When im one tooth off - timing mark is way off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    Almost every 3.5 belt I have replaced the timing marks are slightly off. Mostly on aftermarket belts. If you line ALL marks up- and one is slightly off- this is ok. When im one tooth off - timing mark is way off.
    I used all OEM parts sourced from a Dodge dealer - online seller. Saved 27% over local dealer.