Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like it would have to be a worn bushing(s) somewhere in the 5 link suspension in the rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    Seems like it would have to be a worn bushing(s) somewhere in the 5 link suspension in the rear.
    I agree, but upon inspection I cannot find a bushing that stands out. It's frustrating to say the least.
    08 Charger RT Resurrected
    Fastest Recorded Pass; 11.48 @ 120mph
    **Stock 5.7 block, Stock heads, Stock cam, Stock converter, True CAI routed under the bumper, JBA shorty headers, JBA catless mid-pipes to dumps, stock transmission, stock carrier, stock gears, a lot of nitrous, sticky tires, colder plugs, and a really good tune**

Post Thanks / Like
    Could I have broken a body mount? Without being under the car, I couldnt tell you where the mounts are located, but maybe that's a possibility?

Post Thanks / Like
    Because the movement in the car is always towards the driver side, meaning the car shifts the weight to the left, pointing the nose towards the passenger side, I'm led to believe this must be an issue located to one side of the car. If it was a carrier, or cradle issue, I would think the movement would shift to either side, depending on the situation, cornering, etc. Anyone agree?
    HHP sells Energy Suspension bushing kits for the rear linkages in this car, and they're fairly priced. It might be worth it to just upgrade all the arm bushings and go from there. If it doesn't fix the issue, it would only improve the car, and further isolate the actual problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to put the car on a lift and eyeball the frame where the rear cradle mounts up. But, i would think a structural issue that big would be constant whether there was any weight in the passengers seat or not.

I wouldn't just focus on the rear of the car either. Eyeball everything up front to as maybe all that power is twisting something up front. My gut tells me to check the alignment first before replacing or removing anything. Then obviously have it done again after you do the work.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to put the car on a lift and eyeball the frame where the rear cradle mounts up. But, i would think a structural issue that big would be constant whether there was any weight in the passengers seat or not.

I wouldn't just focus on the rear of the car either. Eyeball everything up front to as maybe all that power is twisting something up front. My gut tells me to check the alignment first before replacing or removing anything. Then obviously have it done again after you do the work.
    I know I need an alignment up front, as the camber is off slightly. But it's been that way for a while now, and was that way prior to this issue. I should mention the front sway bar has been removed from the car. But it's been off for years and this is a new problem. But that may be adding to the weight shift.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had my front sway bar off for a while now too and now I like corners lol.

Any change if you add weight in the back seat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    I've had my front sway bar off for a while now too and now I like corners lol.

Any change if you add weight in the back seat?
    No, I have 2 young boys, 5&2, and their car seats are always in the back. Never noticed a difference with or without them in the car, although I drive much much more conservative when they are with me lmao.
    However, I recently removed the spare tire & jack from the trunk, in order to move the nitrous bottle down out of the way. I did notice the movement more with that weight change.

Post Thanks / Like
    If bushings were worn on the right side rear suspension, when you get on the gas the wheel would move forward in relation to the car and would induce toe-in. That may be what is happening. That would be my wag!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I'm getting super frustrated at this point with trying to find an issue. On top of the original issue, now I have a constant vibration that is coming from the rear of the car. And from a stop, it almost seams like the brakes are dragging on the rear. I looked over the entire disk setup, and everything looks fine, I have ceramic pads, and drilled/slotted rotors. I have to assume both issues are interconnected in some way, or at least sequential parts, one causing the other to fail.
    Could the E-brake be grabbing?
    The only thing I can think of, is that maybe I broke some teeth off of the spider gears, or have a blown bearing in the diff, possibly causing the passenger axle shaft to move in and out?
    But there is no grinding, or clunking, just a steady vibration.
    I am lost here guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankly, I have never looked under my car at the driveshaft. But, if it uses u-joints like most driveshafts. the angles of the u-joints on both ends of the shaft have to be the same or there will be a vibration. this could be caused by worn bushings holding the differential housing. That is why CV (constant velocity) joints are used on the axles.

watch this

Drive shaft velocity - YouTube
    Last edited by 2005rtmag; 12-07-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    Frankly, I have never looked under my car at the driveshaft. But, if it uses u-joints like most driveshafts. the angles of the u-joints on both ends of the shaft have to be the same or there will be a vibration. this could be caused by worn bushings holding the differential housing. That is why CV (constant velocity) joints are used on the axles.

watch this

Drive shaft velocity - YouTube
    That was easily the most informative video on driveshaft/yoke angles I've ever seen, definitely appreciate it.
    From what I remember, the stock driveshaft on my car is a 2 piece design, with rubber couplers attached to either end. And the bushings holding my carrier look perfect and undamaged. I've seen cracked and blown bushings posted by other members on this site, and mine although original to the car, look to be without issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so a bit of an update, I'm 90% certain I've sourced the cause of the vibration that I recently started feeling. It seems the driver side exhaust mount off of my trans has a destroyed bushing, allowing the pipe to move back and forth within the mount.

**I will clarify, because nobody else will have this mount on their car. I have 2in primary shorty headers to midpipes, and then dumps just after the trans mount. Because my exhaust ends so shortly, I miss all of the factory exhaust hanging locations. I had a local exhaust shop fab up supports, bolted to the trans mount. Nothing crazy, just a rod welded to the pipe, rubber bushing and rod bolted to the trans mount.**

​Tonight I have plans of getting the rear of the car back in the air, and spending however long it takes to figure out the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12