Post Thanks / Like

Anyone replace the muffler suitcase with glass packs?

I just purchased (5 months ago actually) a 2010 Dodge Charger AWD R/T. I want to delete the mid-muffler suitcase and replace it with glass packs. I live in MA and worry it won't pass inspection without mufflers. Can anyone tell me what the diameter of the exhaust pipes are so I can purchase the correct glass packs? Or make any suggestions as to what to get? I would really appreciate it.

thank you all,
    KrustyTC63

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a pair of Corsa mufflers for sale that will be much higher quality than the glasspacks, while around the same size. They are 2.75" for an Srt system but an exhaust shop will be able adapt it.

Corsa Mufflers
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you just replace the mid muffler and keep the Resonators on. The sound won't change to much. 2.5in
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler w/ wickerbill, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted Tail-lights & Side Markers, Tinted Windows, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, NVX 6x9's, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Hellwig 32/20mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    If you just replace the mid muffler and keep the Resonators on. The sound won't change to much. 2.5in
    I've read if you remove the mufflers and resonators you get a drone at highway speeds in MDS mode. I want to keep the resonators for now, but want a muffler because I've also read replacing the mufflers with straight pipe can sound raspy. I want a deeper tone, and a little louder.

Thank you for the reply, the more information I get the better!

Post Thanks / Like
    On the 5.7, you can delete the mid muffler, leave the resonators and you'll be fine. That was the first thing I did a month after I got my 5.7.

It's not raspy, it's a little louder (not noticeable in the car) but doesn't sound bad for an ~$100 or less exhaust job.

About a year later, I went to a full custom cat back, 3" pipe and glass packs and no resonators. That made a HUGE difference, but highway drone (60-62mph) was almost obnoxious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been toying around with adding cutouts...before the resonators on my car but after the primary mufflers...similar to the new active exhaust on the newer cars. I've got Billy Boat on my car and it's nice and deep, but not quite loud enough...is it ever??

Sorry to hijack the thread, but maybe this is something to consider as you can have quiet when needed, but louder when wanted.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The resonators should pass you as mufflers. In my state and county I had no problem with straight piping the suitcase and left the factory resonators.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed cut outs in my srt8 and wow it sounds amazing! Loud but the tones sounds like a nascar. There is a loud resonance at certain steady speeds if I let the trans shift into 5 gear doing 40mph that seems to cavitate inside car. But I will go into autostick bring it down 1 gear and its music for car loving guys everywhere! But I dont have MDS to deal with. Didnt make car any faster but to me best mod I have done by far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put slp loud mouth exhaust on my 09 charger rt 5.7 pretty much a straight pipe with a baffle 2.5 “ no cats long tube headers was so loud in Car put sound damper Matt in trunk .. removed mds sounds mean now I love it ... I get tons of compliments on how Car sounds..

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums