Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksview View Post
    Just an fyi on my airbag situation. Not sure if this is gospel for all airbag changes of if its just our dealer. I called the dealer before i was going to bring my car in for the airbag change. MY dealer said they HAD to flash the car. I dont understand why but i never brought the car in.
    Try another dealer. I did read in the service procedure manual that they hook up their device to check that the airbag system is working and communicating properly but there is no need for a flash.

When I went, I taped a piece of paper to the dash which read "Please do not reflash, custom ECM and TCM tunes installed." The service manager was appreciative for the note and I didnt have any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly its just normal at a Stealership(At least with a decent tech) they always update since it takes care of issues(normally)before they happen. But I agree like with my vehicle I make sure they know not to flash or plug into my OBD unless they let me know first

Post Thanks / Like
    well , I managed to get updates on my diablo , and then retuned it , all is well now, so not sure what happened but its good now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksview View Post
    Just an fyi on my airbag situation. Not sure if this is gospel for all airbag changes of if its just our dealer. I called the dealer before i was going to bring my car in for the airbag change. MY dealer said they HAD to flash the car. I dont understand why but i never brought the car in.
    Charger airbag recalls don’t touch the computers. It’s a simple airbag recall. No flashes required. I don’t even hook up a scanner when I do them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    Honestly its just normal at a Stealership(At least with a decent tech) they always update since it takes care of issues(normally)before they happen. But I agree like with my vehicle I make sure they know not to flash or plug into my OBD unless they let me know first
    Now with Chrysler. We aren’t allowed to do any non essential flashes. Who ever does do them just do do them are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly!
    Likes jerrytotin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 09 srt8 stock, had airbag recall done both sides and have had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12