Post Thanks / Like

Ordering a 2020 Redeye

Anyone on here work in sales or at FCA HQ? I'm looking to order a 2020 Redeye and Ive heard that the canadian assembly plant that builds them was going to be down for changerover for an extended amount of time.

Anyone have any information on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    No HQ people here that I know of and they would be restricted on making public comments anyway.

But my guess is the 2019 cars will be built into October then the plant will shut down for a few weeks and 2020 production will start on Nov 18. That November date has been out there a while so probably correct. The first cars built though will probably not be Redeyes, those will come later. Also the three new colors will all be late availability so not sure what color you had in mind. I'm thinking first Redeyes showing up in January after Christmas shutdown and the three new colors maybe by March. 2020 really late compared to a normal year. Order banks supposed to open Sep 9.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    I was among a bunch of people who ordered their 2019 Challenger REs very early on. Big mistake. Let the plant start production and get things moving along and early order backlog handled before you order. There will be less chances of it getting built with resulting problems and delays. The start of Chall REs was a total debacle.

Also, avoid winter production, as they are transported around the factory area a few times and the carrier rigs throw up a salt brine spray from the roads that gets all over the bottom of the cars (and top side too) that makes a mess of the whole underneath; starts corrosion of all the bare aluminum pieces. My first car took over four months to get. Long story short, I got rid of it and ordered another in the spring that took 4 weeks to get. The underside is nice and clean and the car is perfect .
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE inB5 Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"
    Thanks are vee thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So I ordered a Red Eye on the last day available in November. Took all of 2 weeks to build. I had it tagged as an EP car. It sat at the first upgrader manufacturer called Argus Corporation. Must be outside Brampton assembly. I've seen pictures of vehicles shipped with different wheel/Tire combos on carriers.
    Now its sitting at Penske in troy Michigan for the last 3 weeks.

Penske is listed as a "Ingate/Rebay facility.

Does anyone know what goes on there?

I'm worried that it was damaged in transit, and this is where they fix them.

Believe me, I will be going over that car with a fine tooth comb. If any damage has occurred, can I easily get my deposit back?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it means they moved it from a offsite storage location back to the plant location to get shipped to dealership.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would find it ironic if they shipped my unt from Brampton Ontario Canada, to Troy Michigan USA, And now back to Canada when the car is sold in Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it won't go back to Canada. It will ship from Michigan.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk