Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum pedal covers with scat pack

Whats up guys so I never bothered to look in my spare tire well since I bought the car so I thought i should have a peek. Lo and behold there was a small box inside containing the aluminum pedal covers or race covers as some call them. Is this something that dodge sends with them and the dealer usually puts on or possibly comes with the alluminum panel trim kit [my car came with]? Did I just get a freebie?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    lol. Yup. I hve them too. Dealer supposed to put them on. I haven't yet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2019 scar did not come with them. But I added them and a matching dead pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny enough. I just checked my 2018 Charger Scat window sticker and it specifically called them out (bright pedals). My 2020 Challenger scat window sticker does not. Maybe the challenger doesn't come with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    All Chargers and Challengers above the base SXT trim have the bright pedals included. Challengers with manual transmission have them factory installed, all other automatic transmission cars have them in a box for dealer to install. As usual, with most of these lazy do nothing dealers of today, they don't do their job and leave them for you to install.

So anyone who did not get the pedals with their Scat Pack or other high trim level car got ripped off and the dealer owes you a refund or a box of pedals. If you had to install them yourself, you can call up and complain and maybe you can get something out of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha. I special ordered both cars and with the challenger I asked them to do no dealer prep on the inside so I'm not surprised. What a weird thing to be installed on the some cars and not others from the factory. Honestly I kind of like the regular pedals. They look worse but imo they are easier to use when driving vigorously.

Last edited by Vanquished; 08-02-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    All Chargers and Challengers above the base SXT trim have the bright pedals included. Challengers with manual transmission have them factory installed, all other automatic transmission cars have them in a box for dealer to install. As usual, with most of these lazy do nothing dealers of today, they don't do their job and leave them for you to install.

So anyone who did not get the pedals with their Scat Pack or other high trim level car got ripped off and the dealer owes you a refund or a box of pedals. If you had to install them yourself, you can call up and complain and maybe you can get something out of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that info. I bought the car about 45 minutes off the truck test drive and bought it within an hour so they never took the time to install them i guess. The brake pedal was no fun but I managed to get it in about 15 minutes because I was going about it all wrong at first. I had watched a video beforehand where the person installed the bottom then the top but upon trying it about ten minutes I ended up installing the top first and getting left side of the bottom over then prying with a screw driver to get the bottom right on... they look pretty good ill reserve my opinions for after my break in when I hit it hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2017 Scat Pack Challenger came with them. I put them on myself and yes, they were in a small cardboard box where the spare tire goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Once you get those on you need to finish the job and add the dead pedal; and E brake cover.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes Cosmin_24 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm being honest I don't care for the look of the larger dead pedal [will also be adding weathertech floor mats which cover most of it) and the e brake kinda blends it pretty good to the side i dont feel the need for those i mean it doesn't look bad i just kinda like the minimalist approach in some instances... for instance I wouldn't put bright wheels on this scat I like the nearly blacked out simplistic look of the stock wheels....im weird I guess in that respect.

One thing I would like to learn how to do is make film images for the projector door lights to make a custom logo for them. I have them on order so hopefully I can figure out a way to do it and make it look good and not grainy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you order the dead pedal from? I’ve seen a few online but they did not match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estar1 View Post
    Where did you order the dead pedal from? I’ve seen a few online but they did not match.

EBAY IIRC. I will check my orders and report back.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search for Mercedes Benz dead pedal and E brake cover. Link to what I found. Really close to may original order I got thru Walmart shopping. lol
    Note - The link also shows the E brake cover.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 08-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Do a search for Mercedes Benz dead pedal and E brake cover. Link to what I found. Really close to may original order I got thru Walmart shopping. lol
    Note - The link also shows the E brake cover.
    Thank you! Just found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk