Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tire help

Post Thanks / Like
    Contis are 500$ more than the generals and indys with rebate, not sure they are 40% better. I know these all season coopers aren’t going to grab very well just tempting because they are cheap and should last long lol. Probably not the right logic but who knows..besides for 8$ more the Michelin ps4 can be bought I think I would get those if I was to spend that much but trying to avoid spending the extra 500$ in the first place lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but at least in the 275's that were on my old car they had the 30k warranty. So if they don't last you would get a prorated amount for a new one. I understand tires not lasting. I live outside of Dallas so it get pretty hot here. My stock P-Zero's lasted 8300 miles and the Sport Comp2's lasted a little longer at 9200. So yeah, I'm rough on tires also. So that fact that they had a warranty and and were only 50 more a piece than the other I went for it. I hope they are worth the price in the 305's because I"m going to order 11" wide rear wheels and put them on the new to me Hellcat I just got.
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage72 View Post
    Yeah, but at least in the 275's that were on my old car they had the 30k warranty. So if they don't last you would get a prorated amount for a new one. I understand tires not lasting. I live outside of Dallas so it get pretty hot here. My stock P-Zero's lasted 8300 miles and the Sport Comp2's lasted a little longer at 9200. So yeah, I'm rough on tires also. So that fact that they had a warranty and and were only 50 more a piece than the other I went for it. I hope they are worth the price in the 305's because I"m going to order 11" wide rear wheels and put them on the new to me Hellcat I just got.
    Wow you got a cat? Very cool ! What exactly did you get? Guess I don’t feel bad my coopers are at about 12k now and I could probably get a few miles out of them. I might just get the generals and call it a day. It would just be nice for once to get like 20k out of a tire lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the Coopers have a tread warranty, at all?

315's shouldn't be an issue on a WB. And the difference with the speedo will be very minimal.
    I'd almost consider the DWS06 if I were you.
    Even if you get half of the 50k warranty out of them (say 25k)...you might be lucky get 1/2 of that from these summer tires. And then they should prorate (1/2 price) off the next set of tires IF they only made it to 25k...but they "should" last longer than that
    Plus they're better in the rain too and not terribly or crazy expensive.

More tread life & a wider width for a few bucks more, but not crazy expensive. I'd swing towards the DWS06

Discount has $50 off right now, when you buy a set (add them to your cart):
    Forbidden

And I don't know if you have a Discount credit card (like I do, lol), but you can also get an extra 5% back (~$55) as well:
    https://cdn.discounttire.com/sys-mas...829.1583142532
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    I put some General G-Max tires on my ex's RX8 and they gripped really well. They are a pretty good tire for the price. At least on that car. Yeah, I bought a used 2017 Charger Hellcat. It only had 14k miles on it. One day I might be able to afford a new one. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I put some General G-Max tires on my ex's RX8 and they gripped really well. They are a pretty good tire for the price. At least on that car. Yeah, I bought a used 2017 Charger Hellcat. It only had 14k miles on it. One day I might be able to afford a new one. LOL
    You should go with me to Texas Motorplex this Friday and let the Cat stretch its legs a little bit!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow im on Cooper RS3S damn near 15k miles now daily driven all year ive also been to the track maybe 3-4 times with em until i got my Radials... still grips fine.. tread looks fine. I also dont drive hard on a daily basis or the typical burnouts i see people doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    Do the Coopers have a tread warranty, at all?315's shouldn't be an issue on a WB. And the difference with the speedo will be very minimal.I'd almost consider the DWS06 if I were you.Even if you get half of the 50k warranty out of them (say 25k)...you might be lucky get 1/2 of that from these summer tires. And then they should prorate (1/2 price) off the next set of tires IF they only made it to 25k...but they "should" last longer than thatPlus they're better in the rain too and not terribly or crazy expensive.More tread life & a wider width for a few bucks more, but not crazy expensive. I'd swing towards the DWS06Discount has $50 off right now, when you buy a set (add them to your cart):ForbiddenAnd I don't know if you have a Discount credit card (like I do, lol), but you can also get an extra 5% back (~$55) as well:https://cdn.discounttire.com/sys-mas...829.1583142532
    very interesting. i see them now in 315 size, strange they don't make a 305 but anyhow.... the current coopers I don't think had a warranty but I see the 305 all season coopers come with 45k warranty. I see your point in a few more bucks for a 315 width and probably better brand and tire. this is going to be a tough decision but I do think the best way to go is all seasons, the summers are just gone so quickly lol. if these made it to 25k instead of say 12 or 13, then as long as they're not double the price, which they're not, then its a better buy purely on dollars... do they really credit you for a tire with a warranty, not making it to that mileage especially when a loud scat pack shows up LOL? I thought they would always wiggle out and blame it on spinning tires or not rotating or some other reason not to pay? how does that really work? who give you the credit say if I buy at tire rack online and install locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow on the 17 charger cat, congrats! what are your thoughts? ( I don't really want to hear how awesome it is as it will send me shopping again LOL).... 14k is great, I'm at 20k in my 2019 LOL... if you have a pic would love to see it.. what color and options did it have? and I'm very curious if you aren't opposed to sharing with us, roughly what does something like that cost these days? My biggest problem now is that there are probably some good deals coming but then my trade gets crushed so it's still a losing situation for me.. my mileage kills me as I use them for work and I've bought most of them new so I take the big sucker hit on these... you did it right and let someone else get crushed..... my son's charger is in good shape at least I did that one right, got a GT 2019 with 5600 miles for about 24k, the new ones stickered in the low 30's...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You should go with me to Texas Motorplex this Friday and let the Cat stretch its legs a little bit!Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    that sounds like fun... wish it wasn't so far from me I'd drive over too! just curious where in texas that is? is it far from where you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    Wow im on Cooper RS3S damn near 15k miles now daily driven all year ive also been to the track maybe 3-4 times with em until i got my Radials... still grips fine.. tread looks fine. I also dont drive hard on a daily basis or the typical burnouts i see people doing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow.. those are the ones I have now... I think. you're doing great mileage wise...Yea Im at about 12k also easy driving for the most part and they do have some tread left, but they seem to lose grip very quickly now even in the dry ... when I get to this point I usually try to start looking for a new set because it usually rains every day here during rainy season and when they get to this point mixed with a highway drive and rain/puddling... not worth it to me even if I could get a few more miles out of them... just me being overly cautious but when it comes to tries I don't like to push the limits at all lol... I also drive a lot of mileage about 2500-3000/month so this is a very regular event buying tires. I think last I measured there was about 5/32 left at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    that sounds like fun... wish it wasn't so far from me I'd drive over too! just curious where in texas that is? is it far from where you live?
    It's in Ennis, TX.. a little south of Dallas and about an hour from me. The other track I go to (Little River Dragway) is 2-3 hours depending on traffic.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    wow.. those are the ones I have now... I think. you're doing great mileage wise...Yea Im at about 12k also easy driving for the most part and they do have some tread left, but they seem to lose grip very quickly now even in the dry ... when I get to this point I usually try to start looking for a new set because it usually rains every day here during rainy season and when they get to this point mixed with a highway drive and rain/puddling... not worth it to me even if I could get a few more miles out of them... just me being overly cautious but when it comes to tries I don't like to push the limits at all lol... I also drive a lot of mileage about 2500-3000/month so this is a very regular event buying tires. I think last I measured there was about 5/32 left at best.
    Yea i drive quite a bit as well, put a lil over 30K mi on the car in a lil over a year lol... ill snag a pic of the tires tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know how much that helps lol. Lil over 15k miles on those RS3S

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you have a little more than me, I’m going to take a shot to compare lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast