Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust question

Am I correct by saying that the stock mufflers on a 392 scat pack are hollow/ see through like the Dynomax race bullets? if so, why do the bullets sound better?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    For one, the race bullets are smaller. The stockers also have an S bend in the tubing diverting more sound into the deadening material.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks steven29 thanked for this post
    Likes Heat00, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Some think simply louder sounds better. Personally I only like louder under full throttle. The rest of the time I want mellow.

Thanks Blackjac 716 thanked for this post
    Likes diboblo, Blackjac 716, Grand_hustle17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    For one, the race bullets are smaller. The stockers also have an S bend in the tubing diverting more sound into the deadening material.

So in your opinion it’s worth getting the race bullets how much of a difference do you think it’ll make?

Post Thanks / Like
    there are a lot of threads and opinions on this. search here and youtube. I have had bullets, stock, magnaflows and now vibrant 1794's on my 4 scat packs. it's so subjective but here is my quick opinion..... bullets are 'almost' the same as delete, they are very loud at start and low rpm, also deep. very nice option. be advised they are slightly raspy/high pitched at WOT (just my opinion). the vibrant 1794's are a little quieter at start and low rpm, not quite as deep or loud however at WOT or under load (just my opinion), they sound very slightly better than the bullets. neither really has any drone in my opinion. they , with stock, are really not all that much different especially at WOT. can't go wrong. I have also heard some flow master super 10's recently that caught my attention, I know I will get bashed for this and everyone here hates them lol, but if you want a completely different type sound, they may not be as loud but they change the tone to a very deep tone, more like the old foxbody 5.0's... again, I'm not suggesting this route, just saying I heard them recently and was curious.
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes punisher69, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    there are a lot of threads and opinions on this. search here and youtube. I have had bullets, stock, magnaflows and now vibrant 1794's on my 4 scat packs. it's so subjective but here is my quick opinion..... bullets are 'almost' the same as delete, they are very loud at start and low rpm, also deep. very nice option. be advised they are slightly raspy/high pitched at WOT (just my opinion). the vibrant 1794's are a little quieter at start and low rpm, not quite as deep or loud however at WOT or under load (just my opinion), they sound very slightly better than the bullets. neither really has any drone in my opinion. they , with stock, are really not all that much different especially at WOT. can't go wrong. I have also heard some flow master super 10's recently that caught my attention, I know I will get bashed for this and everyone here hates them lol, but if you want a completely different type sound, they may not be as loud but they change the tone to a very deep tone, more like the old foxbody 5.0's... again, I'm not suggesting this route, just saying I heard them recently and was curious.
    Please give a description of the magnaflows..TIA..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    it's so subjective but here is my quick opinion..... bullets are 'almost' the same as delete, they are very loud at start and low rpm, also deep. very nice option. be advised they are slightly raspy/high pitched at WOT (just my opinion). the vibrant 1794's are a little quieter at start and low rpm, not quite as deep or loud however at WOT or under load (just my opinion), they sound very slightly better than the bullets. neither really has any drone in my opinion

^^^Nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by joehemi392 View Post
    So in your opinion it’s worth getting the race bullets how much of a difference do you think it’ll make?
    The Challengers are quieter than the Chargers too, from the factory, so it WILL be a noticeable difference
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MXS67454 View Post
    Please give a description of the magnaflows..TIA..
    ok... to me, the magnaflows have the best "tone" or sound I have found yet. they are a true 'muffler' not a 'resonator' like bullets and vibrants. so, they are bigger and longer, I think I have pics of all three so you can see the difference. my complaint and why I removed them is that they don't have the same "loudness" or "volume" as do the vibrants and bullets. for some, that will be better as not everyone wants wake up the neighbors loud LOL.

the vibrants and bullets are very similar but very different in volume. on my white daytona I had bullets and it was LOUD. so much so that my neighbor (that has a 5.0) even said something to me in a nice way.. I asked one day if it was really as loud as it seems and he said my current set up doesn't bother him (which is the challenger with vibrant 1794's) but my white car was crazy loud in his house LOL... this confirms my theory.. the bullets are much smaller than the vibrants and I'm not mechanic or engineer but I think that contributes to why they are louder. I loved the start up sound and low rpm sound of the bullets but I didn't really love them at WOT. they sounded a little bit raspy more towards the delete sound. don't get me wrong, they are a great option and not that much different than the vibrants at WOT but the vibrants at WOT are ever so slightly deeper and less raspy.. the trade off there is they are a lot quieter at normal cruising or low rpm driving. I have found it sometimes nice but sometimes miss the bullets.

now back to the magnaflows... they are a whole different animal and really a much better tone throughout the rpm band but again they are much quieter. Here is my quick start up video and there is another good one i'll see if I can find it:

Magnaflow start up the day they were installed:
    https://youtu.be/_d6JiV0FEgI

same car and everything else the same, a quick start with the vibrants:
    Challenger scat pack cold start vibrant 1794’s - YouTube

if you search youtube you can find a ton of the bullet clips, some are very good too. it's just so hard through video I know believe me lol.. you almost need to just put them on and drive with them.. the good news is that they are all relatively inexpensive as is the labor. bullets are 26$ on amazon, vibrants are about $50, the magnaflows were a good amount more, I don't remember exactly.

There is another option that many here hate but I've been seeing a lot of happy people and thats the flowmaster 10's. they, like the magnaflows, change the 'tone' quite a bit and become a lot deeper of a sound but at the same time I think you lose some of the volume that many of us seek.

hope this didn't confuse you more. i'll post the pics from my phone in the next reply

Post Thanks / Like

Vibrants

Manga flows

Bullets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat00 . I remember reading this when you posted it before but could not remember who/where it was. I think the Magnaflow is exactly what I'm looking for. THANKS !
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MXS67454 View Post
    Heat00 . I remember reading this when you posted it before but could not remember who/where it was. I think the Magnaflow is exactly what I'm looking for. THANKS !
    They are a great option and have Amazing tone and sound. Let us know after you get her your thoughts as it always helps the next person. I’m happy with the vibrants for now, they are a great compromise and about midway between stock or magnaflow and bullets or delete. I forgot to touch on another item, crackles and pops..:: you will get them with all 3 options I’ve had, just like the loudness same goes for this, most was with bullets least with magnaflow but still present.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you running the vibrants with stock resonators or did you delete them? TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haasri View Post
    You have too much open road out the to take the resos off lol. You'll hate the drone from it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haasri View Post
    Yes stock rear resonators on! As punisher mentioned I think those are there not to quiet anything but to adjust the frequency or tone, in order to avoid drone. My vote goes to leave them on but it’s just my opinion. I have never taken them off on any of my setups

Post Thanks / Like
    heres a question for you guys, somewhat related lol... my son says his friend took his charger gt and deleted the mufflers, and so of course now my son says I want to do that too... but I cringe at the thought of a 3.6L dodge motors now without mufflers lol... I don't want him to destroy this car I gave him, its a 19 and runs good so far... so my question is there a mid muffler that I can swap like we do on the scat packs so that it give some kind of sound to make him happy but not obnoxious? I've never researched this at all and I hope his want goes away but I need to prepare in case LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast