Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    heres a question for you guys, somewhat related lol... my son says his friend took his charger gt and deleted the mufflers, and so of course now my son says I want to do that too... but I cringe at the thought of a 3.6L dodge motors now without mufflers lol... I don't want him to destroy this car I gave him, its a 19 and runs good so far... so my question is there a mid muffler that I can swap like we do on the scat packs so that it give some kind of sound to make him happy but not obnoxious? I've never researched this at all and I hope his want goes away but I need to prepare in case LOL
    Based on what I've been reading between this and another forum, the only way to get volume without sounding like crap on the 3.6 is a solo cat-back. YMMV

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was considering removing the resonators and replace with 1794's not straights. Currently x-pipe to flowmasters to oem resonators. Sounds good but would like to try for a deeper and a little louder without being trashy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Based on what I've been reading between this and another forum, the only way to get volume without sounding like crap on the 3.6 is a solo cat-back. YMMVSent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    yea I'm hoping he forgets about this, it's actually pretty quiet and smooth (at least compared to the scat), I want to leave it that way LOL
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haasri View Post
    I was considering removing the resonators and replace with 1794's not straights. Currently x-pipe to flowmasters to oem resonators. Sounds good but would like to try for a deeper and a little louder without being trashy.
    always wondered what the flowmasters actually sound like with the OEM resonators on.... are they the 10's? I assume this is on a scat pack?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Some think simply louder sounds better. Personally I only like louder under full throttle. The rest of the time I want mellow.
    PREACH... here in maryland it seem 5/10 cars are challengers/chargers.. i hear so many loud 392’s but its a “rough” sound. So undesirable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Blackjac 716, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    PREACH... here in maryland it seem 5/10 cars are challengers/chargers.. i hear so many loud 392’s but its a “rough” sound. So undesirable

You would love the magnaflows then

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    No mine is a 300 Chrysler 3.6 i'll try to find the video i made.

Mississauga Ontario '11 Charger R/T with R&T, '13 Cadillac sports wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my 2005 V6 Magnum, I used Mopar Borla exhaust installed by my dealer. That was after a lot of research in 2006. Yes, the system was expensive ($1000.00 Canadian), but I was very satisfied with the sound and performance the system provided.

2011 Toxic Orange Charger R/T R&T (license plate "BUK8LIST") Factory Repro rims/Nitto Invos, Aria CAI. Solo Exhaust, Daytona chin spoiler. Window tint.

Daily Driver...2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Sports Wagon Edition. 20" Vossen CV3R Gloss Graphite Staggered rims with Falken FK453 tires, tinted windows.

Gone, but not forgotten..........

2005 Magnum SXT (CANDYAPPLE)
    2006 MSRT (FSTBLK)
    2008 Magnum SXT
    2002 Intrepid
    2000 Intrepid
    1998 Intrepid.........and 31 others over the past 55+ years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    You would love the magnaflows then

Mine is actually very tolerable... my LTH/3” catback is more quiet than catless mids with mid muffler deleate. Wvery other car here in Maryland seem to be a mopar with some kind of straight pipe. Never quite liked that sound personally

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to dump my Magnaflow suitcase muffler to clear 1 piece driveshaft.
    I am pondering using Vibrant 1794 resonators, to replace the suitcase muffler, with the existing Magnaflow resonators. Any idea on running 2 sets of resonators?
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the Vibrant 1794 to replace the Magnaflow suitcase muffler.
    BUT... it really sounds nice running straight pipes to the Magnaflow resonators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netnathan View Post
    I have to dump my Magnaflow suitcase muffler to clear 1 piece driveshaft. I am pondering using Vibrant 1794 resonators, to replace the suitcase muffler, with the existing Magnaflow resonators. Any idea on running 2 sets of resonators?
    should be fine as many here including me run the vibrants or bullets in the mid section (and they are both resonators not mufflers from what I understand) and we leave the rear resonators in place.mine sounds pretty good with the vibrants and rear resonators on, it's not as loud as some may want but it does sound good

Post Thanks / Like
    I might grab some bullets... the challenger is just so quiet compared to the charger, maybe swap vibrants for bullets? It’s cheap enough lol.... bullets are half the size it must help

Post Thanks / Like
    Bullets and maybe try the Carven x-pipe in place of the stock x-pipe.
    2017 Redline Red ​T/A 392 Automatic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline T/A 392 View Post
    Bullets and maybe try the Carven x-pipe in place of the stock x-pipe.
    What does switching the x pipe do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast