Post Thanks / Like

Question Nitrous set-up HELPPP

Hey Ladies and Gents. Looking to do a 100 shot on my 392 Challenger. Tired of having no ability to compete in a roll race and would like to pick up a little accel in 1/8th. Any suggestions , comments , concerns. Im currently running a edelbrock victor intake manifold , BBK 90 MM throttle body , Legmaker intake , JBA headers and a straight back exhaust. No cats, No muffs , No reso. The car is tuned using HPTuners and made 451 Wheel horse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look into nitrous outlet but nitrous express is also good.
    Buy the basic plate kit (hardline or otherwise).
    Get a bottle heater, a purge kit and a nitrous filter from them. A fuel pressure sensor is a good idea but not required. You may want a switch panel unless you want to mount each button individually.
    At a bare minimum, get a wideband and nitrous bottle pressure gauge in the car. A fuel pressure gauge is a good idea too but not required.
    Get one step colder plugs.
    Get it professionally tuned.
    Triggering it you have a couple options. You can simply run it of a toggle and button if you can keep track of rpms and don’t care about spraying through shifts. That’s the most risky option. You can run a window switch so you can set an rpm range you want it to spray through and when you want it to stop (for shifts). Or you can run a progressive controller which does essentially the same thing but allows for progression of the shot size in various forms and some other things. Not really something you need for roll racing or drag racing unless you plan for a much larger shot or more stages later. What option you go with is up to you.

All parts listed should run you around 2500 or so depending upon what optional stuff you get.

If you have any basic mechanical skills, you can install all the hard components and with basic wiring abilities, you can wire everything as well. Then just verify everything is working and take it to get tuned.

Spray above 3k rpms AND at full throttle only and with bottle pressure between 900-1000 psi.

Beyond that, I would be cautious spraying anything over a 125 on a stock bottom end 392 consistently...
    You can find more info by doing a little digging on this site too.

I have a 13’ challenger 5.7 running on a 150 shot, stock bottom end, with hundreds of pounds through it. That one runs off a progressive controller. I also have an 06’ charger Daytona 5.7, stock bottom end, that runs on a 100 shot. That is just a toggle and push button setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Smurf6.4 thanked for this post
    Likes Smurf6.4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats some helpful information right there. I appreciate that greatly. Going to go with the window switch for sure, so i can spray above 3 and cut it before shifts ( 6 speed M car ). With summer approaching i will start posting some videos of track days and how this setup works out. Thanks again for the information.