Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The scratches are fairly minimal. But, I can distinctly see white in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    That white doesn't matter, it could be old wax or something. The real test is to gently scratch it with your fingernail across the scratch in the paint. If your nail doesn't hang up on the scratch then it'll buff out quite easily.

If your nail hangs up in/on the scratch then more steps will need to be taken to clear them up.

The tint shop raped my driver's side rear door and offered to pay to have it repainted with less than 1000 miles on the car. Pissed me off to no end, so I fixed it myself, without paint and dare anyone to find it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes [email protected] liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bit the bullet and had my sons black charger done .. clay at compound and then sealant... there is no way I could have done this and certainly not by hand. Came out nice got just about all the swirls and scratches out... these pictures are of the doors which isn’t even the best part as I think the doors were re painted at some point but nonetheless ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes snobrdrdan, punisher69 liked this post

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I call fake! Those are really pictures of a mirror right?

Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Bit the bullet and had my sons black charger done .. clay at compound and then sealant... there is no way I could have done this and certainly not by hand. Came out nice got just about all the swirls and scratches out... these pictures are of the doors which isn’t even the best part as I think the doors were re painted at some point but nonetheless ...

Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ya turd, you could have done that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe but for the price of the buffer and supplies, I got to goto work to make money and it took him 830 am to 600 pm so add one day of work plus tools and it was cheaper for them to do it lol... he wants to ceramic coat my challenger now but I’m not sure it’s worth it because of my cars’ expected ownership time under me lol ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe but for the price of the buffer and supplies, I got to goto work to make money and it took him 830 am to 600 pm so add one day of work plus tools and it was cheaper for them to do it lol... he wants to ceramic coat my challenger now but I’m not sure it’s worth it because of my cars’ expected ownership time under me lol ...
    Looks nice, but we needs some pics of the WHOLE car now!

And how much did they charge you btw?
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat, how much was it? Also did he quote ceramic coating for your Challenger?
    2019 Challenger Pitch Black Scat Pack Widebody Prior: 2015 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to see now it’s in the garage I’ll try to pull it out later but here you go

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mus99gt View Post
    Heat, how much was it? Also did he quote ceramic coating for your Challenger?
    I paid about 400 for this. it included clay bar, 2 steps of paint correction with compound, followed by a sealant. as for the ceramic, he had like 4 different packages... ranging from $200 up to $1100 for the top one with a 5 year warranty of some sort... who knows if it's worth it.. I suppose if he did the paint correction I could have done the ceramic myself. he also told me that the top packages, since he's certified, can actually be attached and added to the car fax. never heard of such a thing but what do I know. told him I wouldn't need a 5 year on my car as I won't own it that long LOL.... already on the dodge site building charger wide bodys last night until my wife saw me doing this hahah

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    That is looking quite good!!!

I don't think 400 was a bad price either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoiled kids today lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mus99gt View Post
    That is looking quite good!!!

I don't think 400 was a bad price either.
    x2 on this

$400 was a steal, IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    yea he did a nice job.. got all the swirls and scratches out... I don't think i could have done quite that with my limited experience and no buffer LOL.... glad my car is B5 and doesn't need paint correction... some simple wax and h20 in between and she's good to go lol...problem now is that I have 3 cars that need maintenance.... so hated... was washing my car today and the wife was wondering if hers was going to get done too.... thankfully my son's charger is sitting in the garage and doesn't need washing until he starts driving... hes going to have to learn how to take care of a car now

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on over here Joey, 4 to keep clean. I can wash the wife's and the next day you can't tell I touched it. When I wash either of mine and she starts dropping hints, I remind her she has an unlimited pass at the tunnel wash.

I love poking the bear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast