Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

lug torque question

anyone know on the WB wheels, what the correct lug torque spec is? manual says 130 however I'm skeptical because on the charger, the HC or dynamic wheels were 111 and the other chargers were 130 so I find it strange that the manual say 130 for all challengers?WHEEL AND TIRE TORQUE SPECIFICATIONSProper lug nut/bolt torque is very important to ensure thatthe wheel is properly mounted to the vehicle. Any time a wheel has been removed and reinstalled on the vehicle, the lug nuts/bolts should be torqued using a properly calibrated torque wrench using a high quality six sided (hex)deep wall socket.Torque SpecificationsLug Nut/BoltTorque**Lug Nut/BoltSizeLug Nut/BoltSocket Size130 Ft-Lbs(176 N·m)M14 x 1.50 22 mm*
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    175 N·m (130 Ft-Lbs ) is the current spec, however 150 N·m (111Ft-Lbs ) is certainly more than adequate under any circumstances (including road course duty).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-18-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bud

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you doubt the owners manual?
    2017 Redline Red ​T/A 392 Automatic

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is they really give confusing info on Scat Packs. Yes they say 130 lbs in the R/T owners manual and the Scat Pack is an R/T but .... if you order Dynamics Package you get the same wheels and brakes that come on the SRT and Hellcat and the SRT owners manual says 111 lbs. So it's always been a point of confusion and debate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    120 and call it good lol

Likes I.R.-LEGEND, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    All true very confusing but now I’m not sure as I don’t have dynamics but I also don’t have standard rt so which is it lol

Post Thanks / Like
    2019 is the same confusion.

The R/T manual which would include Scat Pack Widebody says 130 but the SRT manual which would include Hellcat Widebody with the exact same wheels and brakes say 111.

So I don't know.

Maybe have a good torque wrench ready and see what Brampton had them set at.

Other than that not sure, I'd almost hate to even ask the dealer. lug torque question

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this so complicated lol. Guess I can go with 120 which is a split of the two ... but I’d rather put them at exactly what they are supposed to be... just strange as they don’t say for widebody or other variation it just says for 6.4l that it should be 130 in my manual lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Why is this so complicated lol. Guess I can go with 120 which is a split of the two ... but I’d rather put them at exactly what they are supposed to be... just strange as they don’t say for widebody or other variation it just says for 6.4l that it should be 130 in my manual lol

111-115 is PLENTY. Some of the Ferraris only call for 65 lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    2pc rotor = 111

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by landoawd View Post
    2pc rotor = 111
    It might just boil down to this. lug torque question

Post Thanks / Like
    ok sounds good and could be correct. they really should clarify this in the manual LOL? I assume all 6 piston setups are the 2 piece? So I am 111 not 130?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a rotor-specific; the issue was a specification holdover from previous Chrysler days prior to Daimler Benz. The governing torque spec at the time was 110ft*lbs and was based on American Standard 1/2x20 fasteners.

Someone finally caught up with this and updated the specification for Metric M14 fasteners...175 N*M (130 ft*lbs).

In as simple safety and integrity terms as I can put this; at 150 N*M (110 ft*lbs)...the chances of a failure might as well be non-existent. In a worst-case scenario crash that applied physical force to the point a wheel - any wheel - was separated from a rotor / hub assembly, whatever is left of the wheel will still be attached to the hub assembly.

No need to wring one's hands over a non-existent issue...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-19-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    SRT and Hellcats also have the M14 studs yet are only 111 lbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast