Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brake pads for 2016 Scat Pack?

My 2016 Scat Pack is reaching the point of needing new pads (and maybe rotors). Looking for opinions and experience on options. I really don't care about dust or squealing. I do care about proper fit - I don't want to have to do this twice. I also care about braking performance equal to or better than the OEM Brembo. I do a lot of interstate driving in heavy traffic, and the Brembos have saved me from potential collisions a few times already in the life of the car. I've been road racing for nearly 20 years, so my performance expectations are high, even though this is a street car. Has anyone tried any performance pads besides the OEMs? Comparison in feel, fade, and ultimate stopping? Also, does anyone have the correct part numbers for the OEM pads?
    Last edited by FullThrottle64; 07-11-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Too much power is never enough.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I’d stick with the brembo pads if performance is your priority.
    Thanks FullThrottle64 thanked for this post
    Likes FullThrottle64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrottle64 View Post
    My 2016 Scat Pack is reaching the point of needing new pads (and maybe rotors). Looking for opinions and experience on options. I really don't care about dust or squealing. I do care about proper fit - I don't want to have to do this twice. I also care about braking performance equal to or better than the OEM Brembo. I do a lot of interstate driving in heavy traffic, and the Brembos have saved me from potential collisions a few times already in the life of the car. I've been road racing for nearly 20 years, so my performance expectations are high, even though this is a street car. Has anyone tried any performance pads besides the OEMs? Comparison in feel, fade, and ultimate stopping? Also, does anyone have the correct part numbers for the OEM pads?
    I love my Carbotech pads. They stop on a dime and have had no fade issues during autocross. They are noisy and dusty as all heck, but you said that didn't matter.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Why change something when it works. I personally have only put OEM brembo pads on my car. They offer good performance, for me they've been always quiet and not bad on dust. They do whats expected from them and price isn't bad either.
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20

Post Thanks / Like
    How many miles are you at? I’m at 36k and my one front is getting close to needing changed

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    2017 Daytona 392 GO MANGO
    2006 Srt8 300

Post Thanks / Like
    I put on set of Ceramic pads from Brake Performance on my 17 Scat. Very satisfied.

I have used them on my 10 Challenger that I ran at the Texas mile, made multiple runs at the 150 mph mark and stopped in very short shut down. I also ran them on 14 Cadallic ATS 2.0T at 144 mph with BP rotors & pads.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 07-13-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8em View Post
    How many miles are you at? I’m at 36k and my one front is getting close to needing changed
    99K, and still on the original brakes and clutch. Yes, I am serious - and only my second set of tires (though they are more than halfway through their useful life). Although I am quite aggressive, I drive a lot of highway miles and use road racing techniques roughly 100% of the time (which reduces the stress and wear on just about every part of the car).
    Last edited by FullThrottle64; 07-13-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyTN View Post
    I love my Carbotech pads. They stop on a dime and have had no fade issues during autocross. They are noisy and dusty as all heck, but you said that didn't matter.
    Do you have a part number or know where I can find the right ones?

Also, do you autocross with TN Region SCCA? Great group - they got me started with performance driving, which led to club racing and ended up costing me, well, more than I want to add up.
    Last edited by FullThrottle64; 07-13-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll get the part numbers when I get home. I got my original ones from solo performance specialties. This last set I got used from another member.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, do you autocross with TN Region SCCA? Great group - they got me started with performance driving, which led to club racing and ended up costing me, well, more than I want to add up.
    Sorry it took me so long to get these for you, I got tied up in my project.

The bottom box is XP10s which are the front. The top is XP8 for the rear.

I'm actually with East Tennessee Region in SCCA. I have run with TN region and know a few of the people out that way and they are a great group of people. It's easy to get addicted to this stuff....lol. You still in Tn?

Post Thanks / Like
    As a roadcourse guy, I have had great satisfaction with EBC pads - they offer a number of compounds for you to choose form based on your usage.

The higher temp compounds work great; Yellowstuff would be great for your trackday, not as good for light use - they need to be run hard and have very high temp rating. Redstuff pads are a great aggressive daily driver compound and still good for light track use. But you said you have 20 years road course so let me just link it for ya!

USA_Automotive_Catalogue_2016
    (catalog page 116 if it doesn't come up for ya)

EBC pad types:
    Brake Pads Archives - EBC Brakes
    X E Ryder
    Just Another Motorhead, Really.
    (midlife crisis activated)

Post Thanks / Like
    I’d not put on the carbotech pads for street driving. Noisy as hell. Like an RTD bus coming to a stop. It’s really embarrassing.
    I had the xp12s and I’d say they perform equally with the brembo pads on the street. The advantage with the CT pads is on the track when they get up to higher temps.
    Carbotech also sells street version pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp392 View Post
    I’d not put on the carbotech pads for street driving. Noisy as hell. Like an RTD bus coming to a stop. It’s really embarrassing.
    I had the xp12s and I’d say they perform equally with the brembo pads on the street. The advantage with the CT pads is on the track when they get up to higher temps.
    Carbotech also sells street version pads.
    What caliper is that Vic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyTN View Post
    What caliper is that Vic?

4 pot brembo calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had excellent luck on all my vehicles using HAWK brake pads. They have a great street pad, which far exceeds the OEM Brembo pad. They also make stout track day pads as well.
    2018 Indigo Blue fully loaded Charger 392 SRT. Pics coming soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast