Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedal Commander

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal Commander

Has anybody tried a pedal commander on a Challenger Scat Pack? And if you have what do you think, is it worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranky View Post
    Has anybody tried a pedal commander on a Challenger Scat Pack? And if you have what do you think, is it worth the money?

I’ve watched a few YouTube videos of guys with Scat Pack Chargers and Challengers using the Pedal Commander and they really like it, is adds Zero HP but it’s takes away the throttle lag which makes it feel faster “they say” I was hoping some one would do some 1/4 mile and 0-60 runs to see if the reduced throttle lag helped their times.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are SOOOOO many threads on this.

There is NO "throttle lag" built into these cars.

It's a $200+ placebo. It tells the computer you're mashing the gas harder than you really are. That's it, that's all it does.

Seriously, save your money and mash the gas harder.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes KYUUBI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you can adjust the throttle sensitivity with the Trinity T2.
    Likes HerDaytona liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    There are SOOOOO many threads on this.

There is NO "throttle lag" built into these cars.

It's a $200+ placebo. It tells the computer you're mashing the gas harder than you really are. That's it, that's all it does.

Seriously, save your money and mash the gas harder.

That’s why I put quotes around “they say” I don’t feel a lag that’s also why I thought it would be nice if someone ran some times to see if it really did anything, or if it just feels faster, because it doesn’t add HP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranky View Post

I have one it’s worth it.

Likes SaltyScatPak99 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Because the device plugs in between the accelerator pedal and the PCM, the only thing it is capable of is modifying the two signals (potentiometers, one sending 0 to 5V the other 5 to 0V) that are sent to the PCM.

Despite what others wish to believe, there is no gas pedal PCM-to-throttle body delay and therefore, as others have confirmed over and over, there is no advantage at the starting line over someone who simply mashes the pedal to the floor. Why? Think about it...if you reach WOT within say 0.1sec, both your foot and the device are going to reach the same WOT position at exactly the same time cause there is nothing past a WOT blade position. In other words, the non-linear response being generated by the device that initially drives the throttle blade to a different (more open) position - becomes more and more linear the closer the commanded pedal position and the actual throttle blade position gets to WOT.

In fact, at WOT the device and your foot without(!) the device are sending an identical signal.

All these devices do (note there are others out there), along with any of the hand-held devices that have the feature built-in, is cause the PCM to respond to a modified input signal in the lower range of movement...as if the end-user has simply depressed the accelerator pedal further towards the floor than they are actually doing.

Its a $299 artificial muscle that mimics your foot...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-26-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes troper, agoristmike, phdlock, scatpackKC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Queensryche had a song a while back called "Is there anybody listening?"

I think, Simon, the answer is "Nope".

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kranky;5049275]Has anybody tried a pedal commander on a Challenger Scat Pack? And if you have what do you think, is it worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=86160]Scat Pack Forums[/I

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Queensryche had a song a while back called "Is there anybody listening?"

I think, Simon, the answer is "Nope".

As we see frequently, new folks join the Forum and are not aware of how powerful the search engine is or simply ask questions not realizing they may have been covered previously...in some cases many times.

Some patience is a good path to reiterating the same solid information but with more technical content to better serve the readers as a whole. Or, literally pointing to previous information on the same subject.

There are times though when I suspect the goal is to circumvent the Forum Rules by deliberately marketing / advertising products outside of vendor forums by registering as a legitimate / contributing member to seed what on the outside appears to be an innocent question...while others respond with testimonials and support. A great example of this is the peddling of boutique oil on another forum :^)
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-26-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed it on my 16 SPS A8 and it's well worth the $$ in my opinion. I love the multiple settings to choose from.
    Likes BigBirtha, Alpo0201, Kranky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    "Personally, I'm able reach far enough to put my foot all the way down, so have no need for an overpriced DC voltage amplifier to help me with it. We just need to change the map in our brain of "How much do I want to accelerate" to "ankle angle". Easy enough."
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Likes troper, Hemissary, Kranky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    As we see frequently, new folks join the Forum and are not aware of how powerful the search engine is or simply ask questions not realizing they may have been covered previously...in some cases many times.

Some patience is a good path to reiterating the same solid information but with more technical content to better serve the readers as a whole. Or, literally pointing to previous information on the same subject.

There are times though when I suspect the goal is to circumvent the Forum Rules by deliberately marketing / advertising products outside of vendor forums by registering as a legitimate / contributing member to seed the information...while others respond with testimonials and support. A great example of this is the peddling of boutique oil on another forum :^)
    Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post
    Likes troper, Kranky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody explain the benefit of this device without using the term "throttle lag" or anything similar to that?

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal Commander

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Can anybody explain the benefit of this device without using the term "throttle lag" or anything similar to that? Pedal Commander

Richard
    Change = yes. Benefit = no.

It’s a gimmick. It remaps the computer’s throttle response between your accelerator and the engine’s throttle. Hemissary explained it succinctly above so I won’t revisit that topic but suffice it to say it does nothing that you can’t already do with your own foot. Besides, you can already remap throttle response in your Sport settings under the Engine heading. Selecting Sport sharpens throttle response from “snappy” to “hair trigger”. As anyone who owns one of these vehicles knows the throttle is already touchy due to the extreme gearing of first gear, rear end axle ratio and the prodigious off-idle torque these engines produce. Combine all that with inadequate stock tires and wheel spin becomes far too easy to produce. Adding a Pedal Commander just exacerbates the already existing problem of a touchy throttle.
    Wheel spin is already a big toe tickle away. Why would you want to make it so touchy that breathing on the throttle sends your head into the headrest and makes it impossible to drive smoothly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ChopperDr; 03-23-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast