Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93

Thread: Pedal Commander

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by landoawd View Post
    He wasted time and money. But at least we learned what was already known, right?
    No money wasted, tried the product and returned it. Definitely unknown.

    That's the problem with most of you who think that. Anyone in this forum has tried something and returned it. Plenty of people try products and return them. My only response was that it worked as intended. If you cant believe that then go try it. That was it.

    Those of you that didnt try it sat at home doing research based it of opinions and data gathered from others. Then got mad when someone who tried it said "hey I tried it, it works", you got in your feelings cause you felt your argument or opinion went un-noticed.

    And one else that responded was a troll. This has went way beyond the question of "if it was tried or not and did it work". That was the question in the beginning.

    At this point please report the thread and move on.



    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack - Jazz Blu
    2014 Dodge Charger R/T Max - Traded




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Additionally, for those of you who didn't or wasn't able to see the link, below is two places where someone pretending to be hemifever has posted responses about the product

    Pedal Commander

    Now stocking the Pedal Commander - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

    If this is not hemifever, then please someone actually reach out and show him this.

    That's all I ask.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way I see it , there are “modders” and then there are enthusiasts. The modders will gain from this because they probably won’t go much further if at all. So it may very well have some worth to them for the effect. Enthusiasts however, know what the gains are and already plan on tuning along with whatever else gets them to their goals(probably not a PC, cough cough). So take it for what it is , some like it , some don’t. I for one , feel that it would be silly to add one to a 392. But may have some but dyno results for a 5.7, I wouldn’t know so I can’t speak on that. Maybe I’ll try it on the new Durango. So who wants to buy my new pc , because I doubt they’ll give a money back return. Oh , and obviously I won’t get full retail for it , so there’s that. I already lost and didn’t even try it yet, unless who knows , maybe I’ll like it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrontoFaux View Post
    Additionally, for those of you who didn't or wasn't able to see the link, below is two places where someone pretending to be hemifever has posted responses about the product

    Pedal Commander

    Now stocking the Pedal Commander - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

    If this is not hemifever, then please someone actually reach out and show him this.

    That's all I ask.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    In my personal talks with Sean it was never recommended to me with my fbo ram or my charger 392. I will say this , if I was in the business of selling parts , I’d probably be selling what people are buying too. If you haven’t noticed from other forums , people will buy anything if it’s sold right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, the 'if you haven't experienced it you can't comment' argument is bull****. I've never experienced getting shot in the face, but I'm not signing up for that one, no matter how great you say it is. Buying and returning products that you already know how they work and what they do, is a waste of time. I value my time far too much to spend it on crap. Hell, I value my money too much for it too. Temporarily being out 350 plus dollars may mean that a forum member misses out on a deal or a sale for a part that actually matters to their build. Not to mention the 'return it if you don't like it' stuff is a gimmick, people are busy, and they are forgetful, so if they don't get this thing installed, tested, boxed and shipped back out within 30 days to get their money back. Missed the deadline? Out of luck buddy!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    In my personal talks with Sean it was never recommended to me with my fbo ram or my charger 392. I will say this , if I was in the business of selling parts , I’d probably be selling what people are buying too. If you haven’t noticed from other forums , people will buy anything if it’s sold right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand that and whole heartly agree. Wasnt trying to go and hurt feelings, I understand what your saying. At this point can someone close or report the thread, because its gonna drag on outside of the orginal post.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopperDr View Post
    Change = yes. Benefit = no.

    It’s a gimmick. It remaps the computer’s throttle response between your accelerator and the engine’s throttle. Hemissary explained it succinctly above so I won’t revisit that topic but suffice it to say it does nothing that you can’t already do with your own foot. Besides, you can already remap throttle response in your Sport settings under the Engine heading. Selecting Sport sharpens throttle response from “snappy” to “hair trigger”. As anyone who owns one of these vehicles knows the throttle is already touchy due to the extreme gearing of first gear, rear end axle ratio and the prodigious off-idle torque these engines produce. Combine all that with inadequate stock tires and wheel spin becomes far too easy to produce. Adding a Pedal Commander just exacerbates the already existing problem of a touchy throttle.
    Wheel spin is already a big toe tickle away. Why would you want to make it so touchy that breathing on the throttle sends your head into the headrest and makes it impossible to drive smoothly?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pedal CommanderPedal CommanderPedal CommanderPedal Commanderhe's right on the money ... if think you are experiencing "lag" when pressing the gas to mash out..and it feel like no power but car is speeding up but their is no power and the exhaust is not even loud that due to rpms setting and gear ratio set up you will have to get a new tune built for quicker acceleration ..or track mode

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chiming in as I just installed one.... If you say it's a gimmick or don't think it does squat fine... On my 5.7 RT it's a VAST VAST VAST improvement. You say you can do the same thing with your foot..... I'd love to see someone try. I can't. The throttle is much more responsive through the entire motion of the pedal. On sport+ & +4 I can burn the tires with a little throttle blip. When I mash the gas it surges & then surges even harder at high RPM. I can't even drive normally on this setting as the throttle is way to sensitive & touchy. I'm using sport & +2 for now & testing others over the week.
    I got mine used..didn't pay anywhere near full price. Mounted it hidden under the dash & use the BT app to adjust.
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar
    07 300 SRT8-retired

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely want to try this. Also, anyone who installed this, did you happen to notice if you have access to the start button with the lower kick panel removed? I'd also like to replace my black start button with red and would rather not try to remove the dash bezel.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
    I definitely want to try this. Also, anyone who installed this, did you happen to notice if you have access to the start button with the lower kick panel removed? I'd also like to replace my black start button with red and would rather not try to remove the dash bezel.
    If you don't have massive arms, you can reach under the dash thru the cover/hole under the steering column and be able to release the tabs for the start button from the back and then push it out. (reference the new button for the locations)
    I didn't want to remove the bezel either and that was the best way.
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    1,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pedal Commander & Vitesse controllers are at best a band-aid... The real fix is to get a professional tune.

    OBTW - Had one on my 08 Corvette. Although it worked pretty much as advertised, it would take a dump for no reason and require a re-calibration. I bought it for a learning tool and then got rid of before it left me on the side of the road. Automotive education can be expensive.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 07-12-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes agoristmike, ronan978 liked this post

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my car there a little carpet covet under the dash held on with 2 push pins. Took it out & access is right there. Zip tied the unit to the back of it & reinstalled. Completely hidden.
    Also going to update on some things I notice with this mod.
    1 - throttle is very twitchy on the higher settings. Very aggressive & very annoying in traffic.
    2 - Seems to mess with the trans shift points. I would guess the computer is basing the shifts on rpms, speed & some programming logic & when the TB gets there faster it fights to keep up. (not sure)I notice the RPM's hanging before it shifts sometimes
    3 - when the vales open at higher rpms, there's a lag & a sudden acceleration boost, again I think the computer is fighting it
    4 - I don't have any performance gauges, so I don't have numbers, however it does seem to get to 60 or above much faster then with it off.
    I know others in this thread have all sorts of knowledge, but this is real world with 1 car & a 5.7 car. My experience.
    I will likely not keep it though just because of the way the throttle acts at lowers speeds.
    A real tune would not act this way & that is why you would want one. It would effect everything as a whole & not just 1 little area. I have a warranty & not willing to give that up yet.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    On my car there a little carpet covet under the dash held on with 2 push pins. Took it out & access is right there. Zip tied the unit to the back of it & reinstalled. Completely hidden.
    Also going to update on some things I notice with this mod.
    1 - throttle is very twitchy on the higher settings. Very aggressive & very annoying in traffic.
    2 - Seems to mess with the trans shift points. I would guess the computer is basing the shifts on rpms, speed & some programming logic & when the TB gets there faster it fights to keep up. (not sure)I notice the RPM's hanging before it shifts sometimes
    3 - when the vales open at higher rpms, there's a lag & a sudden acceleration boost, again I think the computer is fighting it
    4 - I don't have any performance gauges, so I don't have numbers, however it does seem to get to 60 or above much faster then with it off.
    I know others in this thread have all sorts of knowledge, but this is real world with 1 car & a 5.7 car. My experience.
    I will likely not keep it though just because of the way the throttle acts at lowers speeds.
    A real tune would not act this way & that is why you would want one. It would effect everything as a whole & not just 1 little area. I have a warranty & not willing to give that up yet.
    Did you read what we wrote - technically - how this placebo actually functions?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did... And respectfully, This is MY EXPERIENCE. I'm letting others know about it for THIS modification. Anyone that wants info PM me. Seems this subject is touchy for some.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •