Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 93

Thread: Pedal Commander

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right in the bum-pipes!

    Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Hemissary liked this post



  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
    Aren't you the same guy that got upset about the Quantum Blue snake-oil? You believe everything you read, don't you?

    If it makes you feel better, I had a SB installed on a different DBW car for a while. Does my "opinion count"?



    Last edited by landoawd; 03-26-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Dislikes Scatram disliked this post

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belle River Ontario Canada
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by landoawd View Post
    Aren't you the same guy that got upset about the Quantum Blue snake-oil? You believe everything you read, don't you?

    If it makes you feel better, I had a SB installed on a different DBW car for a while. Does my "opinion count"?


    Yes and no, I was not upset at all about the oil, just asked for facts to show that it was "Snake Oil" and none could be provided. They kept bashing it, so I asked what the bashing was based on. Turns out it was not facts, just personal opinions and cost. Answered my question.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
    Yes and no, I was not upset at all about the oil, just asked for facts to show that it was "Snake Oil" and none could be provided. They kept bashing it, so I asked what the bashing was based on. Turns out it was not facts, just personal opinions and cost. Answered my question.
    I don't think you understand "burden of proof".

    I hope that works out for you.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by landoawd View Post
    I don't think you understand "burden of proof".

    I hope that works out for you.
    All it takes is for advertising hype to successfully sell people on the idea that something is good, then they become evangelists for the product and dare others to prove it is NOT good. At no point does anybody prove that it IS good...it's a heck of a battle plan.

    Richard

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belle River Ontario Canada
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, cool, I understand now,
    Whats this burden of proof stuff? That's when you have no facts to back up either side of an opinion. For EXAMPLE ONLY OK! Don't rip me here please, just pointing something out.

    The oil one, It was posted it was "SNAKE OIL", ok, great, good info, and asking based on WHAT? Results in this burden of proof reply. OK goes both ways, prove it's snake oil.
    Neither side was proven, just it was expensive, and someone didn't like it, so its snake oil! Hmm, ok, asking for proof either way netted nothing. (not saying its not snake oil, but why is it? Too much to ask?)

    So, no one showed with oil analysis that it was snake oil, it was only someone who did not use it proclaimed it so!

    That's whats wrong here, simply asking to justify the "it's Crap, It's snake oil, It's stupid, etc" What ever the product is, hopefully that's based on facts or actual use. That would be helpful information.
    Goes both ways, Someone proclaims a product is great, ok, why? back it up, logical if you make the proclamation, you have something to back it up. If its is substantiated as being a good product, then whole forum benefits from learning about a good product.
    Great, show me a fact, what we really all want to work with, JUST THE FACTS. When there is a disagreement about a product or service, Facts are ALL that matter.

    So what if you have 50 billion posts, big deal, if someone asks a question, and you don't have experience or facts to back up your position, don't reply, is logical.

    Seems if someone does have experience, but these legacy people don't, they immediately put a product down, rather than abstain from commenting because they have nothing to contribute that's useful.

    Were here, because we like cars, and we are either asking questions, or giving answers in most cases. That makes a great forum. But when BS reply's come in, and non factual comments, make the forum useless.

    If someone uses a product and has issues, of course chime in with your experience, maybe someone else who has used it can help, or we all may come to the conclusion that everyone that used it had issues. We all would take heed and avoid it. But if you reply with no actual experience, whats the point.

    Lets pick another example, Tires, We had some great info about the Atturo Tires for our cars. Someone took the plunge and bought them, and reported back on actual experience. That was great. Some people had issues with them, that was great too, we all learned. Result was we found an affordable tire for our cars that in most cases worked just fine! Excellent!
    But if someone started posting that they were crap tires cause my uncles brothers sister friend who he knew in high school said they suck cause they are low priced, is that relevant? No

    This tread tanked because someone that had not used the product, or had any experience with the product, cut it down. Rather than just staying quiet. Someone disagreed with that unfounded opinion and got run out of town on a rail, for actually posting facts. Hmm

    So that degraded the usefulness of the forum.

    I don't and never do profess to know everything, thus I ask questions. Most times i get great answers, fantastic! This other stuff, just makes me bang my head on the desk in frustration.


    Peace all, lets keep it fun, real and helpful was all I ever asked.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the oil, since you chose that example: it costs more, so where's the benefit? Can you prove there's a benefit that makes it worth paying more? Even if you want to disregard the price, is there a provable benefit to using it vs. other mainstream oils?

    ...or is it just opinion?

    We're waiting

    Richard

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess "Millenial".

    You half-way get it.

    It can be proven that yourbignameoilbrandhere is good. They did tests. Snake oil guy doesn't. Burden of proof lies with X. Solve for X.

    It can be proven that the throttle modulation devices intercept the voltage signal and lie about it; that's it.

    What are you still looking for or arguing about? You need to justify spending 300 bucks to virtually depress a pedal? Cool. Say "I like it". Don't bring a bunch of nonsense to the group and get butthurt when you aren't agreed with. You're a HUGE contributor to the tread tanking. Own up.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    The burnden of proof lies on the manufacturer/advertiser...NOT THE DAMN CONSUMER!!!!

    The oil issue has arrisen before and tests/results were asked for as proof of it's claimed efficacy. They were not provided. The only thing that WAS provided was more hype and more unsubstantiated claims.

    The same lies here with the pedal commander.

    If you're going to advertise "20% increase in MPG", then prove it.

    If you're going to advertise "Increase in throttle response"...prove it.

    We already know there is no built in lag in our drive by wire systems. That being said, how can you improve something that doesn't even exist?

    We already KNOW it alters the TPS signal to the PCM. Big deal, I can alter the TPS with my right foot...and that doesn't cost me $300+ and install time.

    I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt by the truth, but it is what it is.

    Burden of proof should NEVER lie on the consumers. Ever.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Periodically on Forums, there is a line which goes something like: "...you trying to win an argument - or learn something?" In this case it's the fore.

    With no evidence to counter or debate the actual topic at hand, inevitably Strawman tactics commence:

    "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.[2][3]
    This technique has been used throughout history in
    polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or a learned understanding of both sides of the issue.


    Or, the conversation degrades to the point of marginalizing and attacking a person's character.

    Frankly, I don't care if anyone wants to spend money on something without first understanding how it works. Its their money. I contribute because I know there is a sh!tload of Forum Members who place a great deal of value on facts. How do I know? Cause they take the time to corroborate and acknowledge by letting me know. Those folks far FAR outweigh the odd / infrequent closed-minded individual (we don't need those types here).

    One thing you can take to the bank; I will not back down from countering and / or clearing the air when I read disinformation, fallacies or just plain ol' bullsh!t. As we read sometimes - its easy to spout off from behind a keyboard. We know if we were all standing in the same room, a lot of the bullsh!t we sometimes read here - would never be uttered.

    So always take the high road...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-29-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

    Thanks phdlock thanked for this post
    Likes agoristmike, punisher69 liked this post

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    1,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have agree with Hemissary and Punusher69 on this. I had a Vitesse controller on my Corvette for testing. Ran it for about a month. Had to calibrate it more than once in 30 days. Bottomline it was more feel good than anything else. Sold it never looked back. Real answer get it tuned by a pro!
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, how does this differ from say....a Tazer and it's ability to provide a Track mode? Is it the same concept or does the Tazer do something different?
    Likes phdlock liked this post

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraldLaz View Post
    So, how does this differ from say....a Tazer and it's ability to provide a Track mode? Is it the same concept or does the Tazer do something different?
    Completely different. Tazer offers options unique to trims (Track mode = SRT) and this lies to the ECU about how far down you've planted your foot. It's a voltage modifier, not a tuner, etc.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    As me being an actual owner of one i can tell you that its worth the money. Just buy one off amazon and try it. If you dont like it then send it back. But i am almost positive you will keep it. Everyone talking negative on it are the people that dont have it. There is a reason when you go to youtube and see good reviews on it because these people actually have one.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •