Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedal Commander

Post Thanks / Like
    Last weekend sitting with some scotch friends, a buddy's wife came up with an analogy;

You know how cats play with toys? They will pretend that it is a mouse, then look the other way and launch it across the room, then pretend that it is alive(!) and run / pounce on it. Then repeat the process until their attention span collapses.

Her husband chirped up and stated; "you mean until they realize its not real". We laughed...

Folks should know there are other similar devices for our ride to the Performance Pages and Diablosport utility, Sprint Booster for example...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-26-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there are some things to consider.
    Pedal commander Verses Throttle boost in Tuner.
    1. Pedal commander can on the fly change the rate of boost to the pcm, Tune is fixed until you retune.
    2. Tune- no need for external modules, Pedal has to be simply installed.
    3, Tune also affects Cruise control reactions, more throttle boost in tune the more jerky Cruise is (this can cause MDS cycling off and on for little changes in load).Pedal commander does not interfere in any way with Cruise and adative cruise performance.
    4. Pedal commander can be set to low sensitivity for driving in slippery conditions, on the fly, tune cannot.

Both methods net NO WOT power increases, but they go about getting there in differnt ways. Pedal commander gives you dynamic on the fly changes in the "Feel" of the car. Tunes cannot.

Don't bash something you have not tried. It does do something, does what it advertized to do, can change the driving dynamic on the fly.
    Remember, the PCM uses the input from the throttle to control the dynamcs of the car (along with steering input angles, brakes, G sensors, etc) So how the car reacts is directly controled. Set it to economy for example, and the car will drive more gently, less agressive. Set it to sport and the PCM adapts to a far more firm setting.
    Tunes have the one throttle bost, that affects nothing in vehicle dynamics.

The pcm not only looks at the voltages (2 sensors) from the pedal, but also the Rate of change of the voltage, Use for vehicle dynamics. Tune boost does not.

So, it does have a purpose. "Just press your foot harder" is not the same, rate of change, travel stop are both adjusted with PC, Your foot, not so much.

Having dynamic, on the fly ability to change the "feel" of the car, Is pretty cool. Without having to retune.

I run one, and with a tune from Hemifever. Zero throttle boost in the tune, allowing the PCM to use all data including position and rate of change of the pedal to adjust the vehicle settings.

Love it when its raining, i can simly press a button, and it backs off the agressiveness of the car. Dry and clear road, I can turn it up.

Its also like a valet mode for my wife, the Charger is far more powerful for the same throttle postion than her Journey. I dial it back, and it drives as her Journey does.

So its not a useless gimick, it have a function, and it does that function well.
    If you don't want one, thats fine. I just wanted to clear up that it not useless or snake oil. It does what it says it does.
    Likes chrisp2493, Kranky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You wrote a book to say...

"Everything the pedal commander or a tune can do, you could do with your foot for free. However, if you want to waste money, by all means, buy one."

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes troper, Hemissary, TATTOOMAN, landoawd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My question is why oh why!!!!?????
    Most if not ALL of us with a 6.4 can’t even get off the line on the street , why would anybody want to hinder that even further. I get it(not really) on some of the 5.7’s or 3.6’s. But on a 6.4 , C’MON MAN!!! It’s just not necessary,
    There is literally torque on demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You wrote a book to say...

"Everything the pedal commander or a tune can do, you could do with your foot for free. However, if you want to waste money, by all means, buy one."

Nope, Eco mode is impossible with your foot! (great in snow and slushy conditions)

I bought one, did not "waste my money" Do you have one? Tried one? Proved it doesn't work? No? then your opinion means nothing on this subject.

You have great info on stuff you have tried, used, etc. But in this case, not trying one disqualifies you, Hemissary etc, from commenting.

I have one, and only people that have, should comment. And don't give me, "Go ahead, waste your money" Same could be said for Diablo stock tunes, they are a waste of money. Some that bought it may not like it, let them post, thats cool.

So lets be real, ok guys, if you tried it and hated it, thats cool, but unless you have, Lets keep it real!

Were all in this together, lets do honest reviews, not "Im smarter than you so I won't try it attitude" Maybe you are smarter, maybe not, but thats not the point.
    It does what it says it does, Its fun, thats the point of driving.

TB spacers used to be all the rage, then they were real world and dyno tested to do NOTHING, thus a waste of money. But this device does what it says it does, so its not snake oil. They make no pretense it increases HP, just modifys the driving experience.(and it does)

Post Thanks / Like
    Also want to note , on my hptuners , I can change tq management, shift points , throttle , on top of a slew of other parameters. AND change them for each specific drive mode(default , sport , track, eco). Kind of alleviates ANY need for this item. And is MUCH more beneficial across the entire performance spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I can live my life happily with the pedal commander known as my right shoe. How's that

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes landoawd, Hemissary, punisher69, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have to own a Yugo to know it's a POS lol

Eco mode? Really?? Can't do that with your foot?

If you've got the car in Eco and can't keep your foot out of it to avoid spinning the tires you need more driver training or just to sell the car and buy a dang Ford Fiesta. Seriously.

I KNOW how to control my throttle foot, I don't need a computer trinket to do it for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
    Nope, Eco mode is impossible with your foot! (great in snow and slushy conditions)

I bought one, did not "waste my money" Do you have one? Tried one? Proved it doesn't work? No? then your opinion means nothing on this subject.

You have great info on stuff you have tried, used, etc. But in this case, not trying one disqualifies you, Hemissary etc, from commenting.

I have one, and only people that have, should comment. And don't give me, "Go ahead, waste your money" Same could be said for Diablo stock tunes, they are a waste of money. Some that bought it may not like it, let them post, thats cool.

So lets be real, ok guys, if you tried it and hated it, thats cool, but unless you have, Lets keep it real!

Were all in this together, lets do honest reviews, not "Im smarter than you so I won't try it attitude" Maybe you are smarter, maybe not, but thats not the point.
    It does what it says it does, Its fun, thats the point of driving.

TB spacers used to be all the rage, then they were real world and dyno tested to do NOTHING, thus a waste of money. But this device does what it says it does, so its not snake oil. They make no pretense it increases HP, just modifys the driving experience.(and it does)
    The third last stage of denial; defending the purchase :^D

The only thing worth clearing up here for the rest of the readers is that there is absolutely no part of a PCM's functionality that monitors just how quickly one presses on the gas pedal (rate of change).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I don't have to own a Yugo to know it's a POS lol
    Now that was funny :^D
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-22-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea what ever, Punisher and Hemissary, I used to respect your opinion, but seems your not a good source for info. Your base everything on "if its not your way, it's wrong"
    So, you two, zero respect from me, No wonder this board is full of A-####s . I was warned about this. Guess its true! You bash without even reading the posts.

Funny, how you guys look, so shallow now to me . Ta ta! Bye bye!!
    In 1 one post, your narrowmined, no fact based biased, totally destroyed your credibility. Punisher, its sad, I really respected you with your honest reviews on tires and things, but if you want to latch on the the clown Hemissary, thats sad.
    Im not even going to justify ever dealing with you two clowns ever again. Not worth the laugh even!

Sorry Admins, but I call them how I see them, They may be long time members, but they suffer from "I'm always rightidness" and if its not their way its wrong. So sad and pathetic!

Problem solved for me, When I ask a question, simple Auto ignore these two's, replys because they are totally untrustworty in their answers!

Sorry this informational thread was destroyed by them. Good info, tossed assided to stroke ego's. Pathetic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea what ever, Punisher and Hemissary, I used to respect your opinion, but seems your not a good source for info. Your base everything on "if its not your way, it's wrong"
    So, you two, zero respect from me, No wonder this board is full of A-####s . I was warned about this. Guess its true! You bash without even reading the posts.

In 1 one post, your narrowmined, no fact based biased, totally destroyed your credibility. Punisher, its sad, I really respected you with your honest reviews on tires and things, but if you want to latch on the the clown Hemissary, thats sad.
    Im not even going to justify ever dealing with you two clowns ever again. Not worth the laugh even!

Sorry Admins, but I call them how I see them, They may be long time members, but they suffer from "I'm always rightidness" and if its not their way its wrong. So sad and pathetic!

Problem solved for me, When I ask a question, simple Auto ignore these two's, replys because they are totally untrustworty in their answers!

Sorry this informational thread was destroyed by them. Good info, tossed assided to stroke ego's. Pathetic!
    The outrage here is laughable. How hard is it to simply disagree and move on...nobody is forcing you to agree with anyone. They didn't come to your house and kick your dog or anything.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard, I'm not worried about it.

The point of the whole forum, to me anyhow, is to get information before I spend my money. It's called "due diligence".

Simon has nothing to do with my opinion on this device, we just happen to agree on it. There are several topics we HAVEN'T agreed on and he's filled my eyes with it lol. I don't get butt hurt about it. He's a super smart guy, but we're not ALL going to agree on everything and grown men know that.

I don't need someone else to tell me that a trinket is a trinket. If I can read an item description and see that it only modifies the signal received from the throttle pedal, I'm smart enough to know I can do that for free.

Aside from the claims of "20% increase in fuel economy" (red lights glaring, sirens sounding). "True economy mode" is already built into the cars computer, all I have to do is exercise a lighter foot....and hey...that's free.

$349 regular price can ALMOST buy me a whole set of tires...at least the 2 rears and have gas money left over lol

Sorry for Darnice's panties being bunched up, but it is what it is. He'll be ok lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I've put the facts up, how it works and its limitations. You've deviated from the facts...the following URL might help you and others who have elected to conspire offline :^)

You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you - The Oatmeal
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-29-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The backfire effect. I like that. Thanks Simon
    06 Maggie SRT8 146k miles black with black viper wheels
    bam ba lam
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast