Post Thanks / Like

Rare production car, how should I handle this car.

Need some advice. I recently bought a 2012 Challenger RT Classic. Turns out it has a low production run due to unusual circumstances. It’s a Blue Streak Pearl car that had less than 300 RT Classics produced due to the tsunami that hit the pigment plant in Japan. This got me to wondering about how many were made with my options. I send an email to Dodge and they replied that only 9 were built like mine.

My car just turned 80,000 miles. Very well cared for by the 2 previous owners. No winter wear.

So so should I continue to drive it knowing the low production run or does it matter? Is there any additional value to this car? Let me know your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok some will beat me up but I can’t forget how the saying goes.
    Not driving and enjoying it while you can is like
    not making love to your girl friend so she’s tight for the next guy.
    If I bought the $1,000,000.00 cuda it wouldn’t be worth a million when I got done with it. But that’s just me. Enjoy it while you can my friend cause someone else will when your done and gone. Life is short. Live life and enjoy every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks MarionMike thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of these cars when you factor in color and individual options are rare but it really means nothing as far as added value. My SRT has what I thought would be normal options when I ordered it but it's a 1 of 1 car, there's no other 2016 Challenger built exactly like it. Does that make it any more valuable? No, unless you find that one guy that really likes something on your car and might pay a little more for it.

That paint issue and the rarity won't add a thing and most buyers won't even know or care a thing about that, they either like the car and color or they don't. They're not gonna buy it just because of the paint story.

So my advice is to drive and enjoy your car and none of these cars are really worth more than the next, it all comes down to condition like everything else.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarionMike View Post
    Need some advice. I recently bought a 2012 Challenger RT Classic. Turns out it has a low production run due to unusual circumstances. It’s a Blue Streak Pearl car that had less than 300 RT Classics produced due to the tsunami that hit the pigment plant in Japan. This got me to wondering about how many were made with my options. I send an email to Dodge and they replied that only 9 were built like mine.

My car just turned 80,000 miles. Very well cared for by the 2 previous owners. No winter wear.

So so should I continue to drive it knowing the low production run or does it matter? Is there any additional value to this car? Let me know your thoughts.
    I would say, just drive it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good story for a show board to display at car shows - that's about it.
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
    Likes Jay Z, SuperSound, Cosmin_24 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those "unique" cars maybe worth more ... 30 to 40 years from now.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s only a “rare” car in your mind.
    2018 Charger R/T Super Track Pak F8 Green
    2007 Charger R/T Road & Track Stone White (Gone)
    Likes Cosmin_24 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2016 Challenger is only one of 289 B5 Blue Pearl R/T Scat Packs produced with the M6, forget the other options. So 50 years from now when all the Challengers are rusted away, and most of the survivors are 5.7 R/T's, V6's, or Scat Pack clones, it will mean something that there were only a few of these made and this one survived. But 5 years from now when you are ready to sell it the production numbers won't mean a thing, unless a guy HAS to own a Blue Streak Pearl one...Kind of like looking today for that 1970 Sport Fury with the 440 6 pack....they are rare and expensive. Back in 1975 it was just another used car, and being a Chrysler, already had some body rust on it LOL.
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Ok some will beat me up but I can’t forget how the saying goes.
    Not driving and enjoying it while you can is like
    not making love to your girl friend so she’s tight for the next guy.
    If I bought the $1,000,000.00 cuda it wouldn’t be worth a million when I got done with it. But that’s just me. Enjoy it while you can my friend cause someone else will when your done and gone. Life is short. Live life and enjoy every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s along the lines of my thinking as well. Thanks to all for your input.