Post Thanks / Like

V6 Pentastar.. any regrets?

Just curious if anyone had regrets going with the sixxer. I've driven both the Charger and 300 with the Sixxer and it felt pretty quick, especially in the 300S AWD and 8 speed in the lower gears and off the line. I seen some V6's around for a decent price and was considering one. Just for looks and a comfortable cruiser, road trips in the future maybe next year. More interested in MPG's and reliability than anything else. Also considering an AWD SXT Charger, but I've always wanted a Challenger due to it's awesome looks..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    I regret my 2.7L, but I didn't know anything about the LX back then.. That and it was the wife's car and she liked it. I ended up with it when she wanted a SUV for kids. I'm just waiting for the perfect time to swap it out. More n likely with a running pallet motor from Cleveland Performance. With all that said the 3.6L is twice the motor the 2.7L was.
    The Challenger came with a 2.7? That sounds like a horrible idea lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on what year model you're talking about, the V6 with the NAG1 are pretty much a dog, until you get up there in the RPMs. The new V6 with the 8 speed is the shazam! Plenty of power off the line and so forth. Real nice combo. I had a half dozen of each combo in a police fleet and while the early cars were pretty reliable, the later combo had power AND reliability. While there was no comparison for power against the all mighty Hemis (had about 20 of them), the V6s were way more reliable and didn't have the various "issues" of the Hemis. Given your intended use of the V6 car, I think you're on the right track.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in Indigo Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"
    Thanks 1FASTSOFA thanked for this post
    Likes haasri, 1FASTSOFA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    Depending on what year model you're talking about, the V6 with the NAG1 are pretty much a dog, until you get up there in the RPMs. The new V6 with the 8 speed is the shazam! Plenty of power off the line and so forth. Real nice combo. I had a half dozen of each combo in a police fleet and while the early cars were pretty reliable, the later combo had power AND reliability. While there was no comparison for power against the all mighty Hemis (had about 20 of them), the V6s were way more reliable and didn't have the various "issues" of the Hemis. Given your intended use of the V6 car, I think you're on the right track.
    I have never driven the Challenger with the 8 speed but I have with the 300S and Charger SXT. I'd imagine they're very similar!

I really really like the 2018-2019 body style but I also like the classic older style as well so it's a toss up between looks. As long as it had decent passing power on the highway from 55-85 I'd be pretty content with the NAG1 just as long as I didn't run into any issues.

My dream has always been to travel the US with me and my girl, we've done our fare share of traveling but it's always been the 7-8 of us and it's always been some tacky rental not a cool car lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The eight speed made a huge difference in the V-6. Even though I hate working on them I now wish I had one in my 2006 R/T!
    Likes 1FASTSOFA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an “older” V-6, in my ‘05 Magnum, it has 235K on the clock, I am more than happy with the 3.5 sixxer,
    i know the displacement is different now, but, like anything else, take care of it, it will take care of you.
    People say, the car doesn’t owe you a money, it’s more like “l” owe the car money, LOL...

THE ORIGINAL
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c15/sugar-tj/

there are no strangers here, just friends you haven't met yet..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    The eight speed made a huge difference in the V-6. Even though I hate working on them I now wish I had one in my 2006 R/T!
    For sure. I was plenty suprised by how quick the 3.6 300S AWD was in the lower gears. It felt incredibly quick! Like a turbo almost, mid range was pretty good too but the low end was impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife has the V-6 in a 200C AWD
    0-60 under 6 seconds..

Depends on the vehicle...
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTEngineers View Post
    More regulatory capability for diagnostics and feature content is typically what drives a new engine management system. Basically new name/new box...

What is lost? Hackability.
    2007 Grand Cherokee SRT8
    THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT OF 1998
    yep the tuning is here.
    http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...t=4504&page=36

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
    My wife has the V-6 in a 200C AWD
    0-60 under 6 seconds..

Depends on the vehicle...
    Are those cars pretty quick? I always wanted to test drive one of those. Seems like it would be an incredibly quick combo for what it is.