Post Thanks / Like

Getrag rear end issues and who has them

So I am curious
    Who out there has getrag rear end issues and what is it. Most people shy away from discussing things and I am trying to come up with a solution.

I have cracked #2 case ( the side mounted cover at the 14mm bolt where it is down pinned )

The 1st time It howled so bad you could not talk in the car . This one has 1500 miles on it and I see it cracked same spot

I think what needs to happen is a mount to support the front of the rear end as the mounting bolt is offset from the center line of the rear end and I think it twists.

I replaced the factory front piñon bushing with a polyurethane bushing but I am sure that isn’t enough

Has anyone thought about this or looked into it?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I think most upgrade to the new scatpack/hellcat rear as they did put 2 mounts in front. maybe they knew something? I would call [email protected] PERFORMANCE.
    2007 SILVER CHARGER SRT: OBX LONG TUBES, NO CATS, MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS, SRT MAX CAM, BFNY PORTED 6.1 HEADS, LMI TRUE CAI, 3200 ENHANCED TRANSMISSION CONVERTER, 3.55 GETRAG/UPGRADED CLUTCHES, 180* T-STAT, ATI FLEXPLATE, EUROCHARGED TCM, PORTED INTAKE AT TB, 90MM BBK TB, DIABLOTOONA TUNED.

2007 BB CHARGER R/T- 400ci stroker, big cam, 3.23 getrag upgraded clutches, to much to list.........oh yeah, procharger d1sc at 15#.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I know that. That is a 4000 dollar change
    2500 for the set up with FACTORY axles from Cleavland pull a part. Then you need a drive shaft. 1000 bucks to have dss make one. So with shipping and the drive shaft you are 4 grand in

No way. Factory rear end factory axles and a drive shaft for 4 grand and you still need to change the cradle bushings.

Otherwise the 7000 dollar dss or gforce Ford 9inch conversion

Both options are both way over priced and out of sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    In currently in the same boat in a way. I want a 3.73 or 3.91 while upgrading to a getrag from.my 3.06. After doing the math I'm tempted to let it ride till I blown it apart

Post Thanks / Like
    Who advised you to install the poly mount?

I would think having a poly front mount and rubber rear mounts is not good.

Similar to having a poly trans mount and rubber engine mounts. Engine wants to move and trans cannot so something has to give.

I bet if you went back to a rubber front mount or had poly at all three mounts you wouldn't have this issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops, 6 month old OP.

Hope you figured things out US1
    Last edited by AvantSRT8; 11-07-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Mike