Post Thanks / Like

How do I know if a car has a tune

Ok so I have a 2014 R/T challenger auto that I bought used last fall with 10k on it, The previous owner installed a solo performance cat back and a k/n cai. but I don't know if it's ever been tuned. Is their a way to find out and if it hasn't what kind of gains can be expected from a tune

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you buy it from a Dodge dealer?
    Not much powerwise but better throttle response if it’s a canned tune. Custom tune a little better. Since you don’t have the physical tuner I’d take it to the dealer and have them reflash the pcm. They will also do any possible updates.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I bought it from a dealer but the sales guy wasn't bright he said it was stock as soon as I started it I heard the the exhaust wasn't stock and saw the k/n intake

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi HemiKnight,

^^What wasp392 said^^

Also, if you know anyone that has a tuner, have it hooked up and see. I *think,* for the unmarried diablosport tuners, if a diablosport tune has already been written into your PCM, it'll say so. I don't know how that works with other brands of tuners.
    I'm no expert, so I'm hoping much more qualified people will help out on this one.
    Also, if you're on the fence about getting a tuner, I highly recommend getting one. I have the diablosport I2 and even the canned tunes, and other settings you may adjust, make a pretty big difference in the way my car feels. I don't know how much in the way of HP and TQ gains (no dyno runs for me until I get any serious mods), as every car responds differently. But, my bone-stock 5.7 with just the tuner (canned 93CAI tune) and drop-in filter, according to the 0-60 EVIC timer, I went from a 5.9 to a 5.4 (a cold day, both runs right after the other in the time it took to load the tune). But, I also just may have been lucky on the second run...
    If you plan on getting any serious engine mods in the future, ex: cam, etc., it may require a custom tune (hence a tuner) to get it to run right, or to get the most out of the mod.
    There are plenty of threads here about tuners - check 'em out.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!