Post Thanks / Like

Need help differential swap

I have a 2008 challenger srt with the 3.06 rear, I have a getrag with 3.91 from a 2010 srt that I want to swap out but after research I found out it's not a straight swap just my luck I bought a car made with leftover parts. According to what I've read my came with 215 mm axles and the getrag has 226. I've found some axle shafts off a 2010 R/T but the guy doesn't know if it came with the getrag, also I will need a 3 bolt driveshaft. Main questions are will the axle shafts from the R/T work and will any driveshaft work or will it have to be from an automatic? New to this forum and trying to get some answers any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    There should be a Mopar P number tag on the axles also you can tell the Getrag by one shaft being noticeably beefier (short one I believe) than the longer one. You will also need hubs and a different long bolt to frame to replace the 215mm Allen head one. You need a new coupler as well most use the 6 speed ones and pink bolts (at least on the driveshaft to diff side and green ones on driveshaft to coupler side that's what I do but folks will try and tell you to use 6 pink). As for driveshaft you need a matching older car to yours rear shaft which is three prong. I used my original 210 one on my Magnum. Only other thing is to add washers if you get the whine, I use 4 with the 3.91installed and only 3 with my 3.06 it depends on each individual assy as it may or may not contact the subframe uptop where its hard to see. Plenty of threads on here as to how to do the swap but more importantly the part numbers and do not forget the outside shim washer between the axle and hub inboard as it is never mentioned but IMO needed. Danny
    Last edited by 03MopaRamman; 03-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.

05 Inertia Built Magnum RT.
    Sold
    14 Ram Sport 4x4 Hemi. Sold
    05 Magnum AWD Hemi. Sold
    2016 Cherokee Trail Hawk Mango Tango. Sold

Back to the Dark Side - Still Respect The LX Platform
    2014 Ford Shelby GT500 SVT 5.8L SC 662/631 Factory Rated
    Conservative, 770 Crank / 680 RWHP
    Bama Custom 91/93 Tunes/SCJ TB /JLT 123mm CAI/2.4 Pulley/
    Nitto 555 G2s/Borla Stinger S-Type/BMR LCAs.
    2016 F150 XLT- Ecoboost- 4x4 Full Tow Options 3.73 ELD
    2006 Chevy Impala SS, 5.3L LS4....DD and Winter Beater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 03MopaRamman View Post
    There should be a Mopar P number tag on the axles also you can tell the Getrag by one shaft being noticeably beefier (short one I believe) than the longer one. You will also need hubs and a different long bolt to frame to replace the 215mm Allen head one. You need a new coupler as well most use the 6 speed ones and pink bolts (at least on the driveshaft to diff side and green ones on driveshaft to coupler side that's what I do but folks will try and tell you to use 6 pink). As for driveshaft you need a matching older car to yours rear shaft which is three prong. I used my original 210 one on my Magnum. Only other thing is to add washers if you get the whine, I use 4 with the 3.91installed and only 3 with my 3.06 it depends on each individual assy as it may or may not contact the subframe uptop where its hard to see. Plenty of threads on here as to how to do the swap but more importantly the part numbers and do not forget the outside shim washer between the axle and hub inboard as it is never mentioned but IMO needed. Danny
    Thanks for your help. Now I can get to work on finding parts

Likes 03MopaRamman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m doing the getrag upgrade in my 2008 rt Charger. I have everything except the shim/washer in between the new axles & hubs , can anyone tell me the part # for the correct ones for the 3.92 getrag axles ? The parts guy @ Waldorf Dodge has no idea what I’m taking about.. please help I’m sure the ones off of my stock r/t axles won’t fit with the larger diameter axles from the getrag

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located 98 ToredRt. Waldorf Dodge is my local dodge store and I’m sure Andy and crew can get you everything you need. I live in Whiteplains and may be able to assist you. Shoot me a PM. I don’t want to thread jack.

13 Durango R/T
    13 M6 Challenger R/T
    02 M5 Dakota QC Sport
    91 TKO 600 Dakota CC
    63 Dart 3 on da Tree

Share This Thread