Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    The back ride height is.. Set it once.. If it's at 29" and you want it at 28.5, take half inch out of the adjustable perch in the rear spring. Yes, you'll need to loosen the lower control arm every time you do it. It should only take you twice.

As for the shock itself, you really don't need to adjust the threaded part unless you want to set a preload. Which I wouldn't do unless you know exactly what you're doing. It also puts extra stress on your upper shock mount. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Hope that makes sense.

2013 300 SRT - 2017 Front and Rear SRT conversion.
    Fiberglass Hellcat Hood
    Accuair E-level / Universal Bags

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the rear spring adjustable perch set out all of the way and it's at 29 3/4" from ground to fender lip with 255/45/20 wheels (I require rear ground clearance because of the driveway is ****)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by typan View Post
    Hi Hemi Family thanks for the reply, OK if I leave out the springs and set the travel limits as you say that part I get but what about the screw adjustments on the BCR rear springs how do I work out how much to screw in or out to get my ride height?
    Trial and error...as different spring rates will sag differently. Start in the middle of threads, set the car down and check your ride height. Screw the collar up or down to match the desired ride height. As someone else posted it is roughly equal to the distance desired i.e. 1/2" lower = 1/2" of thread. I found it was a ratio, not perfectly equal as the perch is further in so 3/8" - 7/16" = 1/2" at the fender.
    Mopar CAI * Diablo Predator * CMR Tune * Magnaflow cats * Corsa exhaust * 180 tstat * HHP Stage II Pkg. * Shaved emblems/moldings * Rear Wiper Delete * Tint * Polished wheels * MyGig w/TV & NAV 2 Go Lockpick V2 * Backup camera * Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT * Hertz Audio speakers/amp * (2) JL Audio sub & stealth box * Hidden hitch * Remote Start * Auto Headlamps * Halos * BT Under hood kit, Catch Can, Pistol Grip Shifter * Slotted Rotors * AMG Paddle Shifters * Hotchkis Sways * BCR Coilovers * Pedders Track II * Next; More Track days and a Z06
    Her Him

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, I know, this thread is a bit old, but I could use those missing attachments.

Well, the Mayans and other Soothsayers were right, the end has begun.

Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone with the BC Coilovers upgraded to the Swift Springs? If so, to what spring rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I did. I went with Swift springs in the front. I went with 10k springs. The rears are KW progressive spring. I liked the rears ride height and comfort so I didn't upgrade them. Plus it's such a PITA to adjust the ride height of the rear. I just added the Bc rear shocks. The Swift I chose were for ride quality. The ride quality is excellent. I had swift springs on a Lexus and that was the best ride quality in a lowered car I ever been in. Swifts are worth the upgrade depending on your needs.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - T/H 20X9/10 Wheels - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Share This Thread