Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenicX View Post
    Hey Bryali, was there anything different between the Getrag install and the instructions here?
    Nope, as I said, I used these same instructions for my Getrag install and it went smoothly. The noise I was hearing was from my axle nuts not being tight enough. I torqued to the factory specs but it was noisy so I torqued to 250. That wasn't enough so I put on a breaker bar and stood on it until the nut wouldn't move anymore--maybe 10-15* past the 250ft-lbs that my torque wrench stopped at--and now there's no more noise.
    -Bryan

2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100 shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91, tuned by Peitz Performance. (11.809 @ 116.15mph)

2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers, tuned by Peitz Performance (No Updated Time)

Post Thanks / Like
    With all the threads about rear end upgrades lately here's a quick bump.
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking to pull my Getrag soon, do I nee to have the suspenion compressed in order to pull the diff, or can it be down with the car on the lift?
    2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 -LMI True CAI V1, Corsa Cat Back, 180 Tstat, Getrag 3.06, Hotchkis Springs

Post Thanks / Like
    You can pull the diff with the car on the lift...suspension doesn't need to be compressed.
    NA PB 1/4 mile: 12.1177 @ 112.57 mph. DA 1310 feet
    FI PB 1/4 mile: 10.6721 @ 131.17 mph. DA -244 feet

Pwr 392, Procharger d1 @ 11.25 psi, Dynatech lt headers and cats, Corsa xtreme, Paramount conqueror transmission, Dominator torque converter, p-tcm, 3.91 getrag. 620 whp/590 tq.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to be replacing my 09 R/T 215mm open diff with an 07 SRT with a Wavetrac installed soon. Can I leave the the axles installed in the hubs and just pry the end of the axels out of the diff when I lower it down or do have to remove the axle nuts from the hub in order to get them out of the diff?
    2009 Dodge Charger R/T | Road / Track Performance Group | Deep Water Blue Pearl
    Hemifever | JBA Silver Ceramic Shorties | JBA Hi-Flow Mids | Corsa Xtreme | LMI Hammer | JET 180 | BT OCC | TranZformer | 3.23 Wavetrac | Mopar Stage 1 Springs | Koni STR.T Shocks | Staggered Demon Reps | 305/35-20 Nitto 555 G2s | RotorPros Police Package Rotors | Petty's Garage STB
    Thanks hotrod1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On my 2010 RT I replaced the diff with an 07 SRT without removing the axles and hub nuts. I don't remember what side you are supposed to do first, but I remember I did the wrong side. Was a PITA on the ground without a lift, but yes, you don't have to remove the axles.
    2010 Charger 5.7 Police
    Cop Brakes, Cop Shocks, Snow Stage2, Tranzformer, Fastman TB, Johan Tune, LMI Frankentake IV, Stock T-Stat, UPR Catch Can, BBK Shorty Headers, Mid-Muff delete, SRT 3.06 rear.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome thanks. That's what I needed to know. I think I read drivers side first but I don't know if that's specifically for leaving the axels in the hub or in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bump an old thread....

Does anyone know if the dealer can change the gear ratio in the PCM? I have a Predator already and I think I could change the gear ratio that way.

My general thought is that the Predator should be unmarried from the vehicle prior to taking to the dealer for service. If someone did that with a car that has a non-stock ratio, then the transmission would go into limp mode from what I have read. So, if the the stock map can be modified for the new gear ratio, then the tuner could be unmarried and no concern that the dealer may reflash the PCM or TCM on a car with a married tuner.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David

2005 Magnum RT - All stock except for that cool auto headlight mod!

Post Thanks / Like
    Reference

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for the helpful post and of course THANK YOU Erik. Successfully installed new rear end, inner and outer tie rods AND adjustable upper control arms in 6 hours while taking lunch.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Share This Thread