Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrottweiler View Post
    Well test drive after front cv-axle swap end shortly... got like 10 miles and inner joint of axle popped out... AWD my ass... there i did stand at lights waiting tow truck.
    Well after some 2x4" and 6lbs hammer, i was sure inner joint was seated correctly now :D
    And had to raise front like inch. So front sway bar wont hit all speed bumbs etc. And its not even close, how low KW says you can lower it.
    But the rear end.... started to work again with that stuck lower shock bolt... nothing moves its solid. 6ft cheater bar, Big Milwaukee M18, heat, etc...
    Well time for angle grinder, die grinder and big ass crowbar.

My dad and I figured out that the factory axle is about 3/4" too short, even at stock ride height. That's why these cars eat through inner boots. At stock height, the axle is at almost full extension, it should be at half or less than that. If it was longer then all of our lowered issues would likely be gone.

2008 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD - Daily Driver
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD - Weekend Toy
    2012 Dodge Avenger R/T - Daily Driver

Performance mods: Edge 3200 Stall, HP Tuners, SLP LM2, Custom Dual CAI, BCRacing Coilovers, R1 Concepts brakes, Tranzformer, HemiTuner TCM, Paramount Stage 2 Valve Body, Borg Warner Transfer Case
    Other: 2008 SRT Fascia, Road and Track Seats

60' - 1.95
    1/4 - 13.97 @ 99.7MPH

Post Thanks / Like
    Just get the lifetime Warranty axles from Advance. with the 25% off coupon.
    They are local = no wait, and they have no problem swapping used for new. Only had to replace the passenger 1 x in 2 years.
    they are not that hard to pop out and back in.

Mopar CAI, Mopar Performance Torque Converter, MTCM, Tranzformer, 170 stat, Diablo 93 CAI tune + 5% fuel, RT Junkey’s ESP Mod, JBA shorties, cat delete thru Thrush Rattlers, UPR Catch Can, Eibach lowering springs, Mopar rear diffuser, Mopar front chin, Hurst T handle. 07 AWD Charger RT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12