Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    2015 Charger Pursuit AWD - AWD engagement criteria

    Hello- does anyone know if the criteria to engage the AWD on the Pursuit models is different from the standard production models? The AWD on mine won't shut off unless speed is greater than 50 mph. That's with warm temps, no wipers, no recent loss of traction.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine goes into AWD even on a tiny slightest wheel spin, going straight or turning (much more turning) :/
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Old Hickory, TN
    Posts
    14,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by traffix44 View Post
    Hello- does anyone know if the criteria to engage the AWD on the Pursuit models is different from the standard production models? The AWD on mine won't shut off unless speed is greater than 50 mph. That's with warm temps, no wipers, no recent loss of traction.
    What is the perceived disadvantage of being in AWD? (Note: My Magnum is always in AWD)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reviews I've seen on the 300 AWD say under 40 degree F (ambient) TRAC activation, wipers on, sport mode or WOT. I dont know if criteria is different on Pursuit models but it well could be. Perceived disadvantage is lower fuel economy.


    Give me a sporty car to handle the curves, the occasional drink to calm my nerves, and a woman that loves me more than I deserve - Unknown

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    when did they start being able to be 2wd or 4wd on the fly? And I'm assuming it's RWD until AWD kicks in? I have a 06 Hemi Mag AWD and since it has it on all the time I thought they were all this way. Please edjumacate me on the facts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Old Hickory, TN
    Posts
    14,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBat View Post
    Reviews I've seen on the 300 AWD say under 40 degree F (ambient) TRAC activation, wipers on, sport mode or WOT. I dont know if criteria is different on Pursuit models but it well could be. Perceived disadvantage is lower fuel economy.
    Any effect on gas mileage is due the weight of the AWD system, not using it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    This 2015 Pursuit Charger absolutely turns on and off the AWD. This is the civilian ones seem to only turn on the AWD when it's needed. This one is on unless you're on the interstate going faster than 50 for a few minutes. I'd rather not burn the fuel and take the wear and tear on the parts if I could get it to respond like the civilian ones do.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Old Hickory, TN
    Posts
    14,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by traffix44 View Post
    This 2015 Pursuit Charger absolutely turns on and off the AWD. This is the civilian ones seem to only turn on the AWD when it's needed. This one is on unless you're on the interstate going faster than 50 for a few minutes. I'd rather not burn the fuel and take the wear and tear on the parts if I could get it to respond like the civilian ones do.
    The disengagement of the AWD occurs in the transfer case. Thus, the front axles, front differential and front drive shaft continue to spin while the car is in motion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    The disengagement of the AWD occurs in the transfer case. Thus, the front axles, front differential and front drive shaft continue to spin while the car is in motion.
    No front axle disconnect? Thought they had an electric disconnect on the passenger side of the carrier as well as the transfer case disconnect ?. I could be wrong2015 Charger Pursuit AWD - AWD engagement criteria


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    The disengagement of the AWD occurs in the transfer case. Thus, the front axles, front differential and front drive shaft continue to spin while the car is in motion.
    My 2013 RT AWD had front axle disconnect.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Old Hickory, TN
    Posts
    14,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    My 2013 RT AWD had front axle disconnect.
    Nope

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    Nope
    Please see the build sheet for my 2013: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice...CDXDT2DH711588
    Second page, 8th item:
    Active T/Case w/Frt Axle Disconnect

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Old Hickory, TN
    Posts
    14,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    Please see the build sheet for my 2013: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice...CDXDT2DH711588
    Second page, 8th item:
    Active T/Case w/Frt Axle Disconnect
    It disconnects at the transfer case. The front driveshaft, differential and axles still turn as the front wheels rotate.

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •