Post Thanks / Like

2015 Charger Pursuit AWD - AWD engagement criteria

Hello- does anyone know if the criteria to engage the AWD on the Pursuit models is different from the standard production models? The AWD on mine won't shut off unless speed is greater than 50 mph. That's with warm temps, no wipers, no recent loss of traction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine goes into AWD even on a tiny slightest wheel spin, going straight or turning (much more turning) :/
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by traffix44 View Post
    Hello- does anyone know if the criteria to engage the AWD on the Pursuit models is different from the standard production models? The AWD on mine won't shut off unless speed is greater than 50 mph. That's with warm temps, no wipers, no recent loss of traction.
    What is the perceived disadvantage of being in AWD? (Note: My Magnum is always in AWD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviews I've seen on the 300 AWD say under 40 degree F (ambient) TRAC activation, wipers on, sport mode or WOT. I dont know if criteria is different on Pursuit models but it well could be. Perceived disadvantage is lower fuel economy.

Give me a sporty car to handle the curves, the occasional drink to calm my nerves, and a woman that loves me more than I deserve - Unknown

Post Thanks / Like
    when did they start being able to be 2wd or 4wd on the fly? And I'm assuming it's RWD until AWD kicks in? I have a 06 Hemi Mag AWD and since it has it on all the time I thought they were all this way. Please edjumacate me on the facts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBat View Post
    Reviews I've seen on the 300 AWD say under 40 degree F (ambient) TRAC activation, wipers on, sport mode or WOT. I dont know if criteria is different on Pursuit models but it well could be. Perceived disadvantage is lower fuel economy.
    Any effect on gas mileage is due the weight of the AWD system, not using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    This 2015 Pursuit Charger absolutely turns on and off the AWD. This is the civilian ones seem to only turn on the AWD when it's needed. This one is on unless you're on the interstate going faster than 50 for a few minutes. I'd rather not burn the fuel and take the wear and tear on the parts if I could get it to respond like the civilian ones do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by traffix44 View Post
    This 2015 Pursuit Charger absolutely turns on and off the AWD. This is the civilian ones seem to only turn on the AWD when it's needed. This one is on unless you're on the interstate going faster than 50 for a few minutes. I'd rather not burn the fuel and take the wear and tear on the parts if I could get it to respond like the civilian ones do.
    The disengagement of the AWD occurs in the transfer case. Thus, the front axles, front differential and front drive shaft continue to spin while the car is in motion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    The disengagement of the AWD occurs in the transfer case. Thus, the front axles, front differential and front drive shaft continue to spin while the car is in motion.
    No front axle disconnect? Thought they had an electric disconnect on the passenger side of the carrier as well as the transfer case disconnect ?. I could be wrong2015 Charger Pursuit AWD - AWD engagement criteria

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2013 RT AWD had front axle disconnect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    My 2013 RT AWD had front axle disconnect.
    Nope

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope
    Please see the build sheet for my 2013: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice...CDXDT2DH711588
    Second page, 8th item:
    Active T/Case w/Frt Axle Disconnect

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJX View Post
    Please see the build sheet for my 2013: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice...CDXDT2DH711588
    Second page, 8th item:
    Active T/Case w/Frt Axle Disconnect
    It disconnects at the transfer case. The front driveshaft, differential and axles still turn as the front wheels rotate.