Post Thanks / Like

2015 Charger AWD U140A code

I recently bought a 2015 Charger Pursuit with the 5.7 and AWD. When I bought it it had the ABS and Trac Control lights on and the AWD was "unavailable". The codes were C0034, U0415 and U140A plus a bunch of other codes, but the battery had been run down and those cleared right up. everything pointed to the right front wheel speed sensor. I took it apart to put a right front sensor in and discovered the tone ring had the rubber knocked off and wadded up. I replaced that sensor and the ring with a Drive Tech America ring off Amazon. That cleared all of the codes except the U140A "Implausible Right Front Wheel Speed Signal Received".

Now the AWD won't shut off unless you're driving faster than about 50 mph. That code won't clear unless I'm driving over 50. I'm wondering if the tone ring I put in works well enough to clear the ABS and Trac issues but not good enough to clear the U140A fault? Do I put another tone ring in or do I replace the whole axle half? Is it something else? It's pretty easy to slap a tone ring in, I just want to check and see if anyone has any other advice before I swap any more parts. I have a code reader but not one that will give me real time data on the wheel speed sensors.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    The response was a little underwhelming so I ordered a different tone ring from Modern Muscle and that seems to have cleared up the code. AWS still doesn't shut off under 50 mph but maybe that's another thread.

Moral of the story, get your tone rings from MM, not Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man I have a 2015 pursuit as well. I don't think the AWS turns off under 50mph ever. I haven't found anything on it yet though. I have been looking around on it a little. I don't think the people buying these cars seem to have much time on forums.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, starting to think it a standard thing for the Pursuits. I’ve been looking at the Taser module which would give me the option to leave the AWD off but I’m on the fence about the cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you know it's gonna be a clear day might as well right? It only takes a minute to turn it back on. I do have a Tazer and I enjoy it. Used it to turn on the paddles after I installed them. Just don't be one of this YouTube dip sticks and turn on all the hellcat junk. The guts at Tazer even say there is no point in turning any of that stuff on because none of it is installed on an rt in the first place. The thing I would really like to figure out is how to make the trunk button work. Dealership said it can't be done so I have to figure something out. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you use your Tazer for any other features, other that the paddles? Do you use it to turn off the AWD? Wondering if it shuts it off without warning lights. (I'm a little OCD about warning lights)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do infact I just had to get the front CV axle on the driver side replaced to key extra tension of of it until I could get it into the shop I set the car for rear wheel drive. No lights. Had it that way for 3 days straight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a Tazer as well, its an expensive buggy toy. Sets a code after driving for a while with my '14 AWD. Doesn't set the code if I unplug it. I asked about it many times and they ignore my emails, say its only me but when I asked about it on their FB page a handful of others said it did it to theirs as well, then they deleted it and kicked me! Tazer is good for dead batteries and baffed EVIC's... The no ESP doesn't work well either, all the warning lights come on (expected) but the ABS still is semi-enabled and super sensitive at times (also said by others on the FB page!) Many features don't work on many cars, like the AutoSport, DRL settings etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by traffix44 View Post
    Do you use your Tazer for any other features, other that the paddles? Do you use it to turn off the AWD? Wondering if it shuts it off without warning lights. (I'm a little OCD about warning lights)
    ·Ï¢årµ§·