Post Thanks / Like

Help wiring 4ch amp to 6 speaker Magnum 2005

Just picked up a 2005 RT Magnum with standard factory 6 speaker sound (no Boston Acoustics) and want to upgrade the audio. On a budget, so need to make the changes in stages. I’d like to reuse as much of my existing gear as possible to get started.

Plan is:
    Head unit will be an Eclipse CD7200 copper chassis “dead head”
    For the lows we’ll be going with a single FI-Q 15 in a ported box driven by an AudioQue AQ-2200
    Dumping the factory amp, so the fronts and rears will be driven by a Hifonics ZXI150.4. which is a 4 channel amp for these purposes. I’ll be sticking with the factory speakers for just a bit if they don’t immediately destruct.

My understanding is that the factory amp feeds each of the speakers individually; I have the Metra harness to get them wired up.

Assumptions:
    • The factory speakers are 4 ohms each?
    • Believe I read that the rear speakers 6” x 9” full range, front door speakers are also 6” x 9” or 6” round full range (or are they midrange?) and that the dash speakers are tweeters.
    • There is some sort of crossover or bass attenuation to the front “tweeters” either inline or built into the amp??

So my bottom line question is; since I have a 4 channel amp and 6 speakers to power up, can I wire the door speakers and tweeters in parallel, both to the front channel on my amp? It is 2 ohm stable so this should not be an issue to the amp. Would I need to put a capacitor in the line to the tweeters as not to feed them destructive midrange or bass. Would the quality suffer greatly if assembled this way?

Sorry if there’s TMI here, truly appreciate any feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, I wouldn't bother using the factory speakers at all. Wait on the install and find a component system for the front and a pair of rears that are within your budget and then perform the install all at once.
    Last edited by BryGuy; 07-02-2020 at 09:11 AM.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Likes snobrdrdan, Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, makes sense to do it right the first time rather than wasting my time solving puzzles!