Thread: aftermarket HU

Post Thanks / Like

aftermarket HU

Hello

im new to the forum and allready have some question

i have 2005 300 touring whit Boston 6 speaker and factory amp i upgraded my head unit whit Pioneer AVH-211EX and used PAC rp4-ch11 harness to keep my steering wheel controls also added mono amp ( remote wire is connected to car lighter ) and sub and now the questions :

for some reason my hu is not allowing me to do fade (like to have more sound from rear )

HU have nice options for amp and sub but none is working only bass i get is when i crank up my gains on my amp
    it seems like none of the sound options not work i assume that factory amp is not allowing me ??

and the last can i bypass factory amp and keep PAC rp4-ch11 harness to have my sw controls

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, the fader, tone and balance imaging is hard coded into the cabin amp. This makes the OEM radio a "dumb terminal" that just manipulates the data in the amp. This is why your new HU isn't correcting the imaging the way you want it to.

Pac-Audio makes an amp bypass harness, which will allow you to add an aftermarket amp and give you back your tone, fade and balance controls,from your aftermarket HU.

You can still use the steering wheel controls Pac box.

Lastly, where are you taking your bass amp signal from? The HU, or tapping into a rear speaker?

Hope this helps,

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Last edited by diboblo; 07-08-2019 at 12:49 AM.
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Thanks onklp thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you diboblo for the help and yes my bass amp is connected to hu and my remote wire is taped to lighter and today was just listening and it feels like my speakers will be blown soon no other adjustments works so my only solution is to bypass the amp