Post Thanks / Like

Installing all modules from '06 into '05

Hey all! I have a 2006 SRT8 parts car, and I'm wondering if I can take all the modules from it, and put them in my '05 300c non SRT8? The only module that I don't have is the PCM, but I should be able to get one programmed no problem. I've read that the 2005's system is slower and more problematic. I know first hand that some features of the Tranzformer don't work because of the fact that it's an '05.

How difficult would this be, and would I benefit enough to make it worthwhile?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. I don't have any answers for you, but am curious to see what others have to say. I too have the Tranzformer in an 05 Magnum R/T. What features are not working?
    "Did you really think you could call up the Devil and expect him to behave?!?!?"

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2005 Crossfire Limited Graphite Metallic (Gone, but not forgotten)
    1986 TVR 280I Convertible
    1968 Olds Delta 88 Holiday Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your build date? The issues you are concerned about affect builds prior to Sep 04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocephus View Post
    Interesting. I don't have any answers for you, but am curious to see what others have to say. I too have the Tranzformer in an 05 Magnum R/T. What features are not working?
    The MDS indicator option doesn't show up, and I think there was one other thing too, but can't recall atm.

Another issue I have is with my Diablosport i1000. When reading codes, quite often I will get an error message saying it can't read the vehicle info or something like that. I've read that is an issue with the '05's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    What is your build date? The issues you are concerned about affect builds prior to Sep 04.
    Unfortunately, it is 7/27/04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is 10/15/04, so i guess I'm OK. The MDS indicator works on mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocephus View Post
    Mine is 10/15/04, so i guess I'm OK. The MDS indicator works on mine.
    Just went through the Tranzformer again, I don't have the 1/8 or 1/4 mile timers, nor can I kill transmission adaptives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!! Sorry to hear that. I have all of those. The only thing I noticed with mine, it states in the instructions that you can shift with the volume controls all the way to 5th and back down without coming out of Autostick. Mine goes right out of Autostick when i shift from 4th to 5th every time.

"You will not re-enter DRIVE modewhen pressing vol + and in gear 5, as you would using the console shifter. To re-enter drive mode, double click the vol +button while in 4th gear, or use the console shifter."... not true....

Other than that, I've got all the functions mentioned in the instructions.