Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    if i recall correctly, the door speakers are filtered so theyre just subs essentially. I know they sure as heck kick pretty hard. Now if my interior would stop rattling with all the bass...and I do have the stock BA system in place with the RAK radio.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T AWD

Gone but not forgotten:

'05 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
    '98 Land Rover Discovery LSE

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are using the stock amp, choose your speakers carefully. The stock 6x9 BA speakers are 2ohm and most replacement speakers you buy anywhere are 4ohm. I use the stock amp and purchased some Infinity Kappas which are 2 ohm and they rock! If you put 4ohm speakers on the stock amp you will have reduced sound and clairty. I put the 2 way in the doors as was mentioned earlier that they are really just woofers, and 3 way in the rears as they produce a wider range of frequencies as a single speaker. Your fronts are split between the tweeters in the dash and the woofer in the door so the 2 way is a better placement in the fronts than the rears. Just my opinion...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C4me View Post
    I read the procedure in the knowledge base for replacing the dash speakers in the Magnum. And I've read the "reviews" here on the speakers. I have the "C" upgraded system and it sounds pretty good to me ... for now. Do I have the same door speakers as you? Are mine 6X9 single woofer style too? Seems to me that if they were replaced with a 2 or 3 way set that would help alot. I cannot and will not change out a bunch of stuff, so those of you that REALLY know what you are talking about .... please take pity on those of us that don't! For me, at least, easy in and easy out parts, affordable, that make it sound better without adding any amps, crossovers, hair burners, etc is waht I'd consider.

Did I confuse everyone, or just myself? An easy to do "how to" that is affordable would be helpful to mech challenged folk like me. Thanks. Here is your chance to SHOW us wannabes what we need. :lol: 8) :oops:
    Hog Tunes makes 7"woofers for Harleys lower fairing. They are not to deep. This may work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Question for you all. I have an '05 Mag RT with the BA system in it. I have Infinity Reference speakers everywhere running off of the stock head unit. I'm having a problem blowing out the rear 6x9's. And it's not just the Infinity's that I've blown. I've lunched a pair of Rockfords as well back there. And I rarely turn the volume past half way. I just wanted to basically make the stereo sound better than the 13 year old stock speakers. Any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Power doesn’t blow speakers,distortion is your enemy,also ck the polarity just like a battery,+positive-negative

Sent from my iPad using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I'm new at the upgrading a stereo game. I'm generally happy with a factory system and just leave them alone. I can do wiring no problem so I'm 100% that they're wired correctly ++/--. Pretty much plug and play with the harness adapters. So how should I go about checking/correcting any distortion? Could it be that the stock head unit and or amp are starting to crap out and I just need to break down and replace them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meltdown211 View Post
    If you are using the stock amp, choose your speakers carefully. The stock 6x9 BA speakers are 2ohm and most replacement speakers you buy anywhere are 4ohm. I use the stock amp and purchased some Infinity Kappas which are 2 ohm and they rock! If you put 4ohm speakers on the stock amp you will have reduced sound and clairty. I put the 2 way in the doors as was mentioned earlier that they are really just woofers, and 3 way in the rears as they produce a wider range of frequencies as a single speaker. Your fronts are split between the tweeters in the dash and the woofer in the door so the 2 way is a better placement in the fronts than the rears. Just my opinion...
    Very helpful! I just wanted to clarify.

- center dash not installed normally, but would be the same speaker as the other tweeters?
    -front tweeters are 3" round @2ohm
    -front door are 6x9 2ohm subwoofer only
    -rear are 6x9 2 ohm 3 way

Trying to replace all of mine with factory equivalent
    After the rain comes the rainbow, sorry I killed your son... Kylo Ren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread