Authentic Performance

Post Thanks / Like

Brake pads and rotors?

Hey Adam.

That time again. Not bought any since you moved.

Looking for stock rear rotors or equivalent and a good all round pad for the SRT8. It does see winter months. I do not mind dust, as long as it comes off easy. I hate the Brembo pads for their dust, but do like the performance.

Need to order soon. Thanks.
    Last edited by rampant; 05-04-2015 at 09:40 AM.

2015 SRT Challenger_ 6.4L Hemi, Challenging Force everyday!
    1999 WS6 Formula___ 7.5L LS7, Excessive Force on the weekends!
    2006 SRT8 Magnum___ 6.1L Hemi, Magnum Force everyday! Gone but not forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Huge list.... so bear with me... all prices are in Canadian, and need to add HST and shipping if needed

Front Pads:
    Raybestos $37
    Raybestos Professional Grade $59
    Stop Tech Posi Quiet $114
    Hawk HPS $129
    Hawk Z compound $149
    Hawk HPS Plus $ 164
    EBC Yellowstuff $216
    EBC Redstuff $225

Post Thanks / Like
    Rear Pads:
    Raybestos $26
    Raybestos Element-3 $56
    Raybestos Professional Grade $68
    EBC Redstuff $129
    Hawk HPS $155
    Hawk Z compound $162
    Hawk HP Plus $190
    EBC Yellowstuff $ 194

Post Thanks / Like
    Front Rotors
    Raybestos $110 each
    EBC USR Series $505 pair
    EBC GD Series $565 pair

Rear Rotors
    Raybestos $93 each
    EBC USR Series $474 pair
    EBC GD Series $530 pair

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Adam.

I see you show Hawk, can you get the new 5.0 compound? Below is the number from the website.

Disc Brake Pad; High Performance Street 5.0 w/0.656 Thickness; Front;

HB563B.656

Disc Brake Pad; High Performance Street 5.0 w/0.570 Thickness; Rear;

HB194B.570

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Adam. Looking forward to trying out the newly rebuilt brakes and pads. I will let you know how the 5.0 pads work out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you gentlemen. Great service and a hell of a nice place. I will let you know how the 5.0s feel compared to the Carbo techs.

Post Thanks / Like
    05 magnum, bought new end of 04. Just had fronts done with 55,000. Is that normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xlaboy View Post
    05 magnum, bought new end of 04. Just had fronts done with 55,000. Is that normal.
    SRTs were worse than that. The Brembo pads ate rotors for a snack. It think mine were junk by 30kms, so about 20k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far not great news on these pads for street use. They are by far the noisiest pad I have owned and I have owned a few racing pads. Screech like crazy at low speeds. Everyone turns and looks. I have about 90 kms on them so far, and I bedded them in, but not as hard as I usually do. The set up was 4 brand new Brembo calipers, 4 brand new Mopar rotors, Hawk 5.0 pads and Wilwood 600 Fluid. Lots of supplied grease on the back of the pads and the sliding points (pins and flats on the caliper)

They do stop well, at least as good as the Brembo pads and do dust less. But the squealing, oh the humanity!

Not sure what to try next.
    Last edited by rampant; 06-05-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch... i've used brake pad quiet before.. comes in a spray and you actually spray it on the pad material.. sounds crazy but it does work...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rampant View Post
    So far not great news on these pads for street use. They are by far the noisiest pad I have owned and I have owned a few racing pads. Screech like crazy at low speeds. Everyone turns and looks. I have about 90 kms on them so far, and I bedded them in, but not as hard as I usually do. The set up was 4 brand new Brembo calipers, 4 brand new Mopar rotors, Hawk 5.0 pads and Wilwood 600 Fluid. Lots of supplied grease on the back of the pads and the sliding points (pins and flats on the caliper)

They do stop well, at least as good as the Brembo pads and do dust less. But the squealing, oh the humanity!

Not sure what to try next.
    Unless these pads are some heavy duty race track pad then I think it's an install issue. I assume these brake pads come with a shim that goes in between the back of the brake pad and the caliper piston? If so, I put that CRC Disc Brake Quiet red gel in between the back of the brake pad and the side of the shim that it touches. Never use the red stuff on the side of the shim that touches the caliper piston. For that side, I use a small amount of brake caliper grease. It shut my squealing brakes up. Prior to that I had window cashiers at fast food drive thrus plugging their ears...
    2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8
    Current mods: D-1SC Procharger HO, SRT Max cam, Inertia Performance heads, MM ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, V6 torque converter, Paramount Stage 2 valve body, Getrag rear conversion, SRT-4 Stage 1 Injectors, AEM 50-1000 fuel pump, Magnaflow midpipes with high flow cats, D1S HID's, Parrot Asteroid Smart head unit, BT catch can, 180 tstat, Zeitronix ZT-2 AFR and boost gauge, Hotchkis anti-sway bars, Razor's Edge strut brace, Danko chin spoiler, Rovos Durban 20x8.5 (DWS 255/45/20) and 20x10 (DWS 295/40/20). Installed by Troy @ Ding's Auto. Tuned by Johan.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pads are the new Hawk 5.0 compound.

I used the grease pack from the Hawk pads, as per the instructions, looks the same as the CRC Gel product you used. All parts were new and installed the same as my last brake job on it, just different pads.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/sites...Street_FAQ.pdf

I will pull the rears and check everything again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it just needed a long break in. I have about 500kms (300 miles) on them now and they are quieting down. It has been quite cool temps the last few days and typically that made more noise on my racing brakes. So now I might hear a loud squeal 1-2 times in a 30 minute drive. They have good modulation, the initial bite is slightly less than the Brembos, less dust than the Brembos and overll I am happy with them. I hope they prove to be rotor friendly like my Carbotechs were. I got 90k out of them with 2 tracks days that showed sparks coming out the wheels on 20 minute heats.

Share This Thread