Post Thanks / Like

brake suggestions widebody charger scat?

looking to spend some time on autox and road courses this year. car is bone stock. any pad upgrade suggestions? How about fluid swaps? I think the rotors will hold up for awhile. Are there any SS line kits?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Pads, fluid and lines - the classic poor man's brake upgrade! Good choice on this upgrade for your first mods. Be thankful you don't have to worry about blown hydraulic steering pumps like on the '05-10 LXs! The next best autocross upgrades will be 200 treadwear rubber for traction and seat time to learn your Mopar. You won't be the fastest but you'll have a blast and always have a smile plastered to your face.

LINES
    There's generally been 3 stainless braided line options for the LX platform: Goodridge, StopTech & Russell. I can't say for certain they'll work for you but nothing a simple phone call can't answer. Not like the platform has changed that drastically from '05-21; the calipers and positioning from outliers like Pursuits and AWD are usually problematic.

FLUID
    For brake fluid just pick your preferred brand of DOT4 with boiling points around 600F dry and 400F wet. Castrol ($$), Wilwood, Motul, Amsoil, Endless, Torque, StopTech, ATE, AP Racing, Project Mu, RedLine, Pagid, Ferodo...

PADS
    Pads from Carbotech, Hawk DTC, Raybestos ST, PFC, Pagid, Wilwood, StopTech are what you want to hold up to track (road course) abuse. Well worth a call to those manufacturers or race suppliers (like KNS or Porterfield) to see what'd be best for your application. Beware that pricey race pads are not optimal for the street with poor cold performance plus dust and NOISE! For autocross though, most over-the-counter or cheaper "enthusiast" (Hawk, Powerstop, EBC...) metallic pads will give you a bit more initial bite than ceramic/organic but at the cost being dirtier and noisier than stock. The heat build up and fade aren't critical factors like on a circuit.

Good luck & have fun!
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    Mopar // SRT // Pursuit // LMI // Zoomers // Belanger // Diablosport // Hotchkis // PowerGrid Inc // REM // Petty's Garage // AAD // Syncro Design Works // Ridetech // Crank This! Performance-BFNY // Serious Metal Fab // Carbotech // Russell // Sabelt // Rennline // Joelvan // ATI Perf // Earl's // Improved Racing // B&M // AMG // Wavetrac // ZAutoTech // Saleen SMS // Speedhut // Black Cat Custom // WebElectric // Hurst
    Thanks pursuitlx thanked for this post
    Likes 392WLCHR, andyoconnor83 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just some additional information...

I use Carbotech AX6 pads daily and for autocross. Definitely squeals a bit compared to stock but it personally doesn't bother me much. For track days I swap to Carbotech XP12 front & XP10 rear. By keeping pads within the same brand/family means no rebedding with every pad swap (just an initial bedding with brand new pads or rotors).

I went with Russell lines and unfortunately had the rear left female thread block strip out on me. Russell customer service was awesome though and overnighted a replacement line to me free of charge. They've been trouble-free for over 5 years including dozens of autocrosses, a handful of track days, and Pennsylvania winters.

Regarding those 3 stainless steel braided brake line suppliers, they are merely the only aftermarket DOT-approved ones that I know of. Wilwood & Baer, for example, also make some but they're specific to their big brake kits. Fortunately, most brake lines are not proprietary and use standard fittings available from hose & fittings companies (Aeroquip, Fragola, XRP, Red Horse, Earl's, et cetera). So you could custom make your own replacement lines or have one of those manufactuerers assemble them to your specs...but it won't have a DOT tag. At least it's a possible stainless braid solution for those without an aftermarket option. Like perhaps the unique caliper of Pursuit BR9 14.5" front brakes, or some other caliper with a quirky 15-degree banjo fitting or such.