Post Thanks / Like

Hellcat Brake Questions

I will be installing a set of the 6 piston Brembos and rotors on my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack and wanted to get some feedback from other road coursers who run these.

1. Which brake pad compound do you prefer for track duty? Looking for part numbers if you have them.

2. Do you run the OEM rotors and if so, how long have they lasted? How well do they work with your brake pad of choice?

3. If using an after market rotor, which do you prefer? How long do they last?

I’ve been running Sebring with a 6 piston Wilwood setup from TCE, factory rotors, and Wilwood BP20 pads and they are fantastic but the pads are only good for a single weekend of heavy track duty. I rarely drive the car on the street anymore and don’t mind swapping brake pads between street and track use.

I’d be grateful for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelombardo78 View Post

I’ve been running Sebring with a 6 piston Wilwood setup from TCE, factory rotors, and Wilwood BP20 pads and they are fantastic but the pads are only good for a single weekend of heavy track duty.

This is because BP20 are in no way a race pad. Never meant to be used in those conditions.

Track use will require a proper pad such as Poly H which is suited for high heat, has a much higher Cf and will out last the BP20s perhaps 3:1 or more.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z
    * MINI * Challenger * WRX * Super Duty * SHO * Mustang * Custom work* ...and more
    !

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Todd. Still learning the ins and outs of the different setups.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Track pad content

I'm surprised you aren't throwing away the front rotors after a weekend - might take a look for stress cracks on them. Do you trailer that car to the track? A lot of those track use only pads are so harsh (made for that high heat) they will literally turn down the rotor thickness on the drive to the track.

And for your new setup, the oem pads claim to be usable at the track after "proper burnishing" - the owner's manual says to do a lap at 75% speed, then stay off them to allow cooling for a lap - essentially re-bedding them but at much higher temp if you ask me. I will find out soon for myself. Those rotors are around $450 when I checked, so I plan to try not to wipe them out with either A) too aggressive pad, or B) too much heat / cracking.

I really like EBC pads - they have a ton of compounds to choose from.
    X E Ryder
    Just Another Motorhead, Really.
    (midlife crisis activated)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Todd. Still learning the ins and outs of the different setups.

Happy to help, if you want to explore options the pads are 6617 found here:

Brake Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be installing a set of the 6 piston Brembos and rotors on my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack and wanted to get some feedback from other road coursers who run these.

1. Which brake pad compound do you prefer for track duty? Looking for part numbers if you have them.

2. Do you run the OEM rotors and if so, how long have they lasted? How well do they work with your brake pad of choice?

3. If using an after market rotor, which do you prefer? How long do they last?

I’ve been running Sebring with a 6 piston Wilwood setup from TCE, factory rotors, and Wilwood BP20 pads and they are fantastic but the pads are only good for a single weekend of heavy track duty. I rarely drive the car on the street anymore and don’t mind swapping brake pads between street and track use.

I’d be grateful for any feedback.

Awesome mod for extra stopping power.

For the track / street use we recommend the Hawk pads listed below:

Front - Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Front Brake Pads 2015-2018 392/6.2L SRT Challenger/Charger 2013-2018 6.4L Grand Cherokee

Rear - Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Rear Brake Pads 2005-2018 6.1L/392/6.4L/6.2L Challenger/Charger/300/Magnum/Grand Cherokee

For the Track only we recommend the Hawk pads listed below:

Front - Hawk DTC-70 Front Brake Pad 2015-2018 392/6.2L SRT Challenger/Charger 2012-2017 6.4L Grand Cherokee

Rear - Hawk DTC-70 Rear Brake Pads 2005-2016 6.1L/392/6.4L/6.2L Challenger/Charger/300/Magnum/Grand Cherokee

We have had great luck with the OEM rotors, but we also like the Demon Performance rotors too!

OEM rotors front and rear - http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/mp-hc-rp.htm

Demon Performance Front - http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/dm-hc-fbr.htm

Demon Performance Rear - http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/dm-r-br.htm

We hope this helps!

- Alexis
    Sales and Support | Speedlogix, Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlogix Sales View Post
    Those are beautiful, but I'd still ruin them in one (road course) weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    I read the literature about the hawk hps 5.0 pads and thought they sounded great but after trying them I couldn’t be less impressed.

I’ll be giving ebc or carbotech a try next
    Likes Hemissary liked this post