Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know how they turn out for you, I'm about you're size (6'4'' 220) and if they work for you I'll be placing my order. Hopefully it works out great
    Likes Voltron-SRT-392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltron-SRT-392 View Post
    One other thing that just occurred to me.
    Does the airbag warning have a persistent gonging sound that goes off? Or, is it just a warning light?

Is it similar to whenever I have a person in my passenger seat without a seatbelt on with that incessant gonging?
    Just a light. BTW you can turn the seatbelt chime off.
    An NVH engineer's worst nightmare.

"...the Magnum's ideal demographic: a middle-finger-waving anti-establishmentarian, bad-beer connoisseur...The Magnum puts the "blunt" in "blunt-force trauma." By Dan Neil LATimes.com

SRT Headers/Catback, Tranzformer, R Value CAI, NoESP, Johan Tune, BCR coil overs, Hotchkis Sways, Wilwoods/Brembos, Getrag 3.06, Style, Coolness soon to be supercharged...
    Thanks Voltron-SRT-392 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmyuncle View Post
    Just a light. BTW you can turn the seatbelt chime off.

My concern though is the lack of airbag function with aftermarket seats, doesn't somebody make an aftermarket sensor that can take the place of the OEM one...or can't you pull the sensor from your OEM seat?
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    My concern though is the lack of airbag function with aftermarket seats, doesn't somebody make an aftermarket sensor that can take the place of the OEM one...or can't you pull the sensor from your OEM seat?
    Yeah, I agree its a bit concerning. Not so much because of the risk as I drove for decades without them but the risk of my insurance coverage being denied.

I have a lead on a bunch of wrecks that I've been picking over the past month or so. I plan to grab a seat harness from one of them. That should be good enough for the driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I agree its a bit concerning. Not so much because of the risk as I drove for decades without them but the risk of my insurance coverage being denied.

I have a lead on a bunch of wrecks that I've been picking over the past month or so. I plan to grab a seat harness from one of them. That should be good enough for the driver.
    My sentiments exactly, that and I don't have much faith in airbags, I've never had them successfully deploy in any of the 3 accidents I've had in the last 15yrs and I don't think they would've affected anything really beyond increasing my repair expenses/time table and possibly adding some burns to my sore muscles/joints. I would like the bags to work for my passengers though.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sentiments exactly, that and I don't have much faith in airbags, I've never had them successfully deploy in any of the 3 accidents I've had in the last 15yrs and I don't think they would've affected anything really beyond increasing my repair expenses/time table and possibly adding some burns to my sore muscles/joints. I would like the bags to work for my passengers though.
    The passenger bag will still work.

Post Thanks / Like
    The passenger bag will still work.

Not with a racing seat on that side as well...I would eventually like to replace both seats with racing seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not with a racing seat on that side as well...I would eventually like to replace both seats with racing seats.
    Oh. No. In fact I don't know how you could deal with the weight sensor on that seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to recap:

*Regular Corbeau FX1s.

* Vehicle: 2015 Charger SRT-392 w/sunroof (I didn't want that sunroof)

*The width at the wide shoulder points is extremely close. I don't think I could have ordered the Large FX1s without some Jury Rigging.

*I am 6' 3" 220lbs.

*My headroom increased about 2-3 inches.

*So far, they are extremely comfortable.

*I am taking it to a track this weekend and I will let you guys know how much more headroom I have with my helmet on.
    Last edited by Voltron-SRT-392; 09-09-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    what seat tracks are you using? I'm running the corbeau fx1 in the xl size. I have planted performance seat tracks and the universal sliders from corbeau.. You have a airbag light in the cluster on?
    I ended up having to redrill the mounting holes to get them to fit they were hitting the center console. after plenty of street driving the bottoms could use some memory foam or more padding.. but they are comfy for a fixed back racing seat.. super light also

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackRT, we ended up using the OEM tracks that we bolted exactly to the Corbeau side-mount-brackets.
    By doing it that way, I can still adjust the seats forward and backwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    two good places to look are winding road racing or sube sports! both located in california!

Sparco Racing Seats | Puma Motorsport & More | Sube Sports

Winding Road Racing Gear Shop | Race Gear & Equipment
    You know what to do..

Michaael
    Extreme Dimensions
    1-714-278-8000 EXT61
    Michaelk@extremedimensions.com
    GROUP BUYS WELCOME!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone solve the passenger seat sensor problem when replacing the passenger seat with an aftermarket?
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread