Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My First HPDE Event at NJMP March 30th

If you have facebook please like and share, but you dont need face book to view the link below:

Meimaris Motorsports - Automotive | Facebook

Special thanks to the guys at the Forum, Matt Robertson, Pete Danielson, Mike Romanzyk, Eric Taylor, Joel Van, and anyone else who helped with their knowledge and posts along the way. Mikey at Speedlogix who helped nail down the front end,
    Paul at Razor's Edge who shipped the parts when the others didn't fit. Jason Hitchcock, at Jay's Hot Rods, Will King and my Pit man, Pete Latos for lending his experience of 8 championship seasons with a Corvette Race Team with EMRA (1 year with Toyota).

Meech Thanks LX.jpg

Starting at the back of the pack (Novice group) and chasing down the lead instructor who was at the front!:

Modern Mopar Track Day _55-22.jpg

Meech
    Last edited by Meech; 04-25-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    East Coast Road Racing Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/1377583362497085/ NA with a lot of suspension mods/SRT Max Plus Cam/Forged Push Rods/600HP Half Shafts/Magnaflow Hiflow Cats, Corsa Cat back/ Dave Weber Polished Ported Intake Manifold, HHP Installed Wavetrac/NASCAR Cooling Ducts to ET1970 3" Brake Plates/TI (Track) Backing Plates/ AERO Hood/Naturally Aspirated Force Flow Legmaker CF-F-III, Zygote Forgestar F-14's wrapped in Continental Extreme DW Tires, coming soon BFNY-Sublime NAG-1 modified with custom converter HemiTuner tweaked HHP DynoTune: Trinity 93 Octane 428 RWHP/408RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Meech, what tires were you running on track?
    Watch my race videos here--> https://vimeo.com/user1781792/videos

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for a set of tires 275/35/18 for an Televised Event where I cannot run R compounds or slicks every thing I look at cost $1,200 a set or more I really hate the idea of spending that kind of coin and not using them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel if its going to be a televised event, sell some fender space for tires or something ?

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody is ever interested in sponsoring me so I have quit asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD View Post
    those look like the conti's take offs

-R
    Nope, Nitto 555r's

Quote Originally Posted by joelvan View Post
    I am looking for a set of tires 275/35/18 for an Televised Event where I cannot run R compounds or slicks every thing I look at cost $1,200 a set or more I really hate the idea of spending that kind of coin and not using them again.
    Try John Bergett Racing. John Berget Racing Tires . He has take off slicks in that size for around $115 shipped.

Pending footballs:
    NJMP Thunderbolt 1:36:30
    LimeRock 1:02:80
    Pocono (double infield) 1:46:90
    Watkins Glen 2:19:10

All records with my 2007 chrysler 300c srt8... SOLD but not forgotten!

New Toy: 2012 chrysler 300 srt8; inferno red ; INtune DCX, STO -N- SHO front license plate bracket; Corsa Xtreme; Legmaker CAI;
    LOCKPICK C8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_SRT8 View Post
    Nope, Nitto 555r's

Try John Bergett Racing. John Berget Racing Tires . He has take off slicks in that size for around $115 shipped.
    reading comprehension > you Will. "I cannot run R compounds or slicks"

I'd still call John though for some street tires. I have gotten a few pairs off him for the street. Used tires are definitely your way to go for such a limited use intent and that size you want is relatively popular.

Bone stock time: 12.832 @ 108.51 with a 2.033 60ft... On GY F1's Full Weight
    Predator and C&L Intake: 12.386 @ 111.78 1.868 60ft On GY F1's Full Weight
    Current mods: Hi-Flows, 180. Volant, PS Cooler, Trans Cooler, SS Brake Lines, B&B exhaust.
    Pedders Track II Extreme, Wavetrac, Moroso oil pan/catch can, 6.1 MTCM, Mopar trailer hitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry meech ,I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-MSRT View Post
    reading comprehension > you Will. "I cannot run R compounds or slicks"

I'd still call John though for some street tires. I have gotten a few pairs off him for the street. Used tires are definitely your way to go for such a limited use intent and that size you want is relatively popular.
    Thanks for the heads up Mike. You have anything else you'd like to get off your gutt, I mean chest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry meech ,I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

No worries! Sharing of knowledge from all of you got me to this point, I hope to be an effective force as well as a contributor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meech, what tires were you running on track?
    Like Will said Nitto R555-II they were Pete Danielson's Setup xEvilPetex on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your first HPDE weekend.......I'm sure there will be more!!!! The experts here have been a huge help to me also. I started HPDE last summer and am going to Summit this weekend for my first HPDE3
    Racing is like sex.........why would you want it to only last 10 seconds?????

Road course session last 25-40 minutes each!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Congrats on your first HPDE weekend.......I'm sure there will be more!!!! The experts here have been a huge help to me also. I started HPDE last summer and am going to Summit this weekend for my first HPDE3
    My pit man has done Summit Point in a Vette, I respect the track, thanks for chiming in! We have many talented people on this forum!

Meech

Post Thanks / Like
    definitely great to see another new england driver out with us. great first day and it looks like the bug has bitten ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread