Manton Pushrods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    That cold fall Sunday ran 12.5 at only 106. Running 235 pizza cutters. Got 315s now. Also I switched from 3.06 Gtrag to 3.73. Big difference! Traction that day was almost non-existent. I worry that if I hook well my driveshaft will snap! I may do the same with driveshaft axles.
    Pizza cutters LoL.

That’s one thing I like about my car now....it’s relatively soft out of the hole, so I don’t really need to worry about breaking anything. I have a diff brace ready to go which will be an extra safety net.

It’s once you start playing with gears and torque converter that things get concerning.

I’m thinking something in the range of 3.42 paired with the 26” slicks that I’m running would work well for the strip, without compromising highway driving too much since I’d be putting my stock 28.5” tires back on for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to keep the Getrag- why not- There may be 3.23s available from Unitrax. 3.55s are gone. I went thru this mess last summer and settled for 3.73 with Z06 clutches. What did you do to you Nag as far as build up? Again great times and power, mine made 580 at rear, kind of peaky.
    Thanks 300srt8v56 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to keep the Getrag- why not- There may be 3.23s available from Unitrax. 3.55s are gone. I went thru this mess last summer and settled for 3.73 with Z06 clutches. What did you do to you Nag as far as build up? Again great times and power, mine made 580 at rear, kind of peaky.

I'll have to do some more research on the gearing.

For the trans: Rebuilt using SHR War viking kit with Blue top solenoids and new connector plate. My builder also beefed up the Torque converter with carbon parts etc(I don't have all the details of what he did to the tc, but it stalls around 2200).

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a pretty good pass. More converge and gear, and traction your 10s
    Mine:2012 Challenger Rt, 448 ci. Thitek. Bullet cam. [email protected]
    Dads:2012 Challenger Rt-6.4L swap, procharger. [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I might actually have a 3.23.....when I use the calculator on the Unitrax website and input the rpm, tire diameter and MPH, It comes out to 3.227 - 3.241 depending on whether I use 28.50 or 28.62" for my tires(accounting for tread wear)

What do you rev at on the highway with 3.73? I'm worried about destroying the highway MPG on this car with that high of a gear. I could go back to 255/45r20 tires on the rear for the street. They are 0.4" taller which would help a bit.

3.42-3.55 would be a good compromise, the question is, does anyone have any that would work with my getrag?
    Last edited by 300srt8v56; 10-29-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So your race weight is what? 4300?
    Same tune as the dyno?
    What rpm are you crossing the strip at?

Post Thanks / Like
    At 60 MPH I'm turning 2200 RPM. At 70 MPH 2700. My gas mileage according to cluster is 13.9 MPG. I know other members with similar gearing get way better. Going from the 3.06 to 3.73 really didn't hurt at all. I know my tune needs to be refined for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Same tune as the dyno?
    The factory curb weight on these car is 4050. With my supercharger and a few other bits and pieces, I'd say it's around 4100. With fuel and driver, around 4300. With me driving 4400. My tuner is 150lb, I'm 240. He made the 11.29 pass, I made the 11.32 with a better 60'. There's more in the tank for this car. If I get my skinnys in time, i'll go to the track one more time(weather permitting) before the season is over. With the current gearing and the skinnys, I should be able to hit an 11.10-11.19 with a perfect launch.

Post Thanks / Like
    At 60 MPH I'm turning 2200 RPM. At 70 MPH 2700. My gas mileage according to cluster is 13.9 MPG. I know other members with similar gearing get way better. Going from the 3.06 to 3.73 really didn't hurt at all. I know my tune needs to be refined for sure.
    I'll have to see what i'm turning when doing 60-70 tonight. All I know is that when i baby it around 65, I get 18-21mpg. It's amazing.

cracking into the 10's would be fun though.....this isnt a daily driver, so I just might do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Same tune as the dyno?
    I can't remember where I was in 4th gear when I was when hitting the trap. I'll have to watch some video and see if I can hear the gear changes, when my tuner was driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do I need to make the transition from whatever the heck I have now, to a 3.73 or 3.91(3.90...3.92?)? This car isn't a daily driver....I realize I'd have to do a draft shaft and axles before beating on it hard at the strip....but I want to see what this thing can do with proper gearing. Who sells the parts, where do I go....etc etc. Obviously considering the fact that I already have a getrag 226.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you data log it? Log will tell you where you were going through the trap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12